• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dumbest Remark You've Ever Heard About Your Religious Belief

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Candy glass can work too, so long as it makes one smile, instead of scowling at the day and everyone who passes by, barking "get off my lawn, you whatever!". We need more happy faces around here, those that don't take themselves so seriously. Chuckle's Brand Candy Glass will work just fine. :)

Happy faces????, I quote :-
"Here, enjoy a bowl of broken glass for breakfast. "
I am very happy that you lost it.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The thing about worshiping cows and idols. I won't even touch the "false gods" thing.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
What's funny is how it seems most of the "dumbest remarks" likely came from fundamentalist Christians.

Shad

Veteran Member
I do not follow any religion or GodI have heard often enough I do not follow X religion or religious inspired morale code as I want to do X which is evil or forbidden by the individuals view point. "You want to sin that is why you do not believe" From a Christian for example.

And why it's
hit-himself-with-a-bat-smiley-emoticon.gif
(After all, the guy who said it probably didn't think it was dumb at all.)

that we should not explore space because Jesus will be coming to save us. Quite literally if the majority of humanity believes that then we will end as a species.

dianaiad

....that the reason I teased my hair and used hairspray (this was in the sixties....) was to hide the horns.

...................fifty years later and nobody has topped that one yet.

Prestor John

And why it's

So many.

That we worship Joseph Smith, we have many wives, get our own planets, have magic underwear, that our Jesus is a different Jesus.

Most of what I hear from members of other faiths about my own is false.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
And why it's

"There is no God".

That is about the DUMBEST religious statement I have ever heard. Just a cursory look around makes it quite obvious. It is literally INCREDIBLE how near sited people become when you look at nature.

But, hey, it takes all kinds of people :D

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'm forgiving of people who say 'dumb' things about my religion. People come to their knowledge and opinions via two ways ... listening or reading to what others have said, or by direct experience. They know what they know. That information, true, is often incomplete or misinformed, but not purposefully 'dumb'. It is our job, as religious people, to attempt to give them better information, if they are open to it. Unfortunately, the way the subconscious mind works. enjoying a sense of security via ego, that is often not possible.

The very same people who say 'dumb' things about another's faith rarely go and ask for an explanation, out of the fear that expanding their knowledge might break down their own faith.

"The only difference between Jews and chr-stians is that Jews don't believe j-sus was the messiah."

That is stupid to the point of hysterically laughable. I can't think of one single thing believed by chr-stians that is believed by Jews.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
that I have faith.

Careful. I was about to say the same until I realized the question was about “something dumb about my religious belief”. Which is none.

For that reason, answering actually defeats the answer.

:)

Ciao

- viole

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Careful. I was about to say the same until I realized the question was about “something dumb about my religious belief”. Which is none.

For that reason, answering actually defeats the answer.

:)

Ciao

- viole
But you will have noticed that in later posts that people thinking atheism is a religion equals me having faith are on par with each other on the scale of stupidity. It is those that also make the statement that I have faith.

Which is false, I just have no expectations from a case that which has never been proven in 1000's of years, and tried to have been proven by billions of people.

Rational Agnostic

That agnostics are "fence sitters" who lack the character to be decisive in matters of religion.

Or something to that effect. Richard Dawkins is among those who've said it. What Dawkins and others overlook is that the truth is not something determined by the passion with which one holds one's position. And the truth seems to be that, in the end, there are things we don't know.

I think you are misrepresenting Mr. Dawkins. For one thing, he IS agnostic and has said so many times. Second, I'm sure he would wholeheartedly agree with you that truth is not determined by the passion with which one holds one's position. In fact, he has said this many times as well.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
"There is no God".

That is about the DUMBEST religious statement I have ever heard. Just a cursory look around makes it quite obvious. It is literally INCREDIBLE how near sited people become when you look at nature.

But, hey, it takes all kinds of people :D

I don't think you understood the OP's question, unless you're saying that someone claimed that your religion doesn't believe in God, which I doubt

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
That agnostics are "fence sitters" who lack the character to be decisive in matters of religion.
This is terribly unfair. Agnostics in general are simply those who think there is insufficient evidence to decide one way or the other. They are usually more logical than most people, and not lack character.

BTW, I'm not saying that believers, atheists, etc. are illogical as a group.

Muffled

Jesus in me
And why it's

I had a Christian tell me I wasn't a Christian because I didn't believe in his version of the Trinity. That is definitely a non-sequitur. There is no litmus test of dogma to determine if a person is a Christian. The only question is whether the person has received Jesus as Lord and Savior or not. I have.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I am pretty routinely told that my faith doesn't exist.

I believe the bogeyman exists also in fiction. The question is not whether information can be found about it but how useful it is.
For instance Zeus is not going to do anything for me because he is most likely dead.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I've heard so much, not only from those who are anti-Muslim but from Muslims against other Muslims that I can't even answer this :sweatsmile:

Oh! Please! This is too juicy to miss. Maybe you are expected to blow up a bunch of people at an open air market? That one is so old it doesn't need to be rehashed.