• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The development of planet Earth and the life forms on it

Do you believe the Universe was:

• Always here and life was created on it by a superior being?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Created by a superior being and life unexpectedly evolved?

• Created by multiple beings superior to humans who also created life?

• Created by multiple beings superior to humans who caused evolution?

• Created by multiple beings superior to humans and life unexpectedly evolved?

• Created by chance in a way other than the Big Bang that had nothing to do with a superior being?

• Total voters

Anto

I made a post a couple of weeks ago asking about the creation of the earth and evolution, however, some people were disappointed in the lack of responses I provided in the poll. That's why I made this poll...

a) Always here and life evolved on it?
b) Always here and life was created on it by a superior being?
c) Created by a superior being who also created life?
d) Created by a superior being who caused evolution?
e) Created by a superior being and life unexpectedly evolved?
f) Created by multiple beings superior to humans who also created life?
g) Created by multiple beings superior to humans who caused evolution?
h) Created by multiple beings superior to humans and life unexpectedly evolved?
i) Created in the Big Bang and had nothing to do with a superior being?
j) Created by chance in a way other than the Big Bang that had nothing to do with a superior being?

I could only fit 10 responses in the poll so if you believe the Universe was created in a way not stated above please explain it in the comments!

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This is a pretty wide territory crossing physics, astronomy and biology. Not sure if I can pick just one.
For example, I don't believe our universe is the only one, that it originated in a (unified m brane mechanics) process, the big bang is a resulting expansion, that life originated through a process of chemistry, then organic chemistry, then biology, and evolution is the resulting diversification of offspring. None of the above with the involvement of a deity.

Hope that helps.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you asking about the Universe or just the Earth?

Anyway, whether there is more than one universe is not known and whether the resulting multiverse is eternal or not is not known.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
God creating life and causing evolution is the same thing to me :)

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Do not care for the wording of the choices, but as a Baha'i Theist, (d) is my choice, but (c) may be interpreted to mean the same. Yes, I believe that God is the 'Source' of all of the physical existence, and the origin, and evolution of ife and humanity. The knowledge of science is the human view of Creation, and I believe accurate within the limits of fallible human capability.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Other - this question is not important to me. As far as I'm concerned, the universe has always been here and I don't care how it got here.

I suppose if I had to answer the question, I'd still be "other" because of how things are worded. My response would be more accurately written as:

The universe and its aspects are the gods. As such, the gods have a hand in all things because they are all things.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I got stuck on the word 'created' because of all the baggage the word has - the differing meanings assigned by various people. And I especially have an issue with "superior being" which assumes that the creator is a being which is typically a dualistic word.

We're in an area where to me words are automatically a problem. But the closest I can come is that the Divine which is everything and nothing had a whim to experience and that the whim spontaneously created a mirror which is the universe. That mirror contained in its essence the seed of life which evolved over countless ages into plants and animals and finally into humans who have to potential to manifest a clear mirror.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The honest and direct answer is nobody knows how the Universe came about.

But as far as creation or intelligent design, I know of nothing anywhere that would indicate that's the case.

For me beliefs inside one's head is not regarded as proof positive as thoughts and beliefs are not practically demonstrative.

There needs to be a point of contact or interaction somewhere given that we are products brought about by matter.

There's a lot more direct evidence through molecular chemistry, then there is with unsubstantiated thought.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Other - this question is not important to me. As far as I'm concerned, the universe has always been here and I don't care how it got here.

I suppose if I had to answer the question, I'd still be "other" because of how things are worded. My response would be more accurately written as:

The universe and its aspects are the gods. As such, the gods have a hand in all things because they are all things.
It's not important to me either. Not that I don't care to find answers, just for the fact when I die, my brain will decompose and anything I know now will be completely gone for good.

If anything the Universe does well with us as living beings, it's keeping us in a perpetual state of "square one".

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
I made a post a couple of weeks ago asking about the creation of the earth and evolution, however, some people were disappointed in the lack of responses I provided in the poll. That's why I made this poll...

a) Always here and life evolved on it?
b) Always here and life was created on it by a superior being?
c) Created by a superior being who also created life?
d) Created by a superior being who caused evolution?
e) Created by a superior being and life unexpectedly evolved?
f) Created by multiple beings superior to humans who also created life?
g) Created by multiple beings superior to humans who caused evolution?
h) Created by multiple beings superior to humans and life unexpectedly evolved?
i) Created in the Big Bang and had nothing to do with a superior being?
j) Created by chance in a way other than the Big Bang that had nothing to do with a superior being?

I could only fit 10 responses in the poll so if you believe the Universe was created in a way not stated above please explain it in the comments!

I'm going with the winning team! :)

Created by a superior being who also created life

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I believe there is natural intelligence in nature. A vital force. The choices you give don't apply to me.

The vital force contains living entities, and non living intelligences that create life.

Why is the universe mathematical? Why does information gather in non local fields?

Stuff like that!