• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The day i dreaded the most has come.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Sometimes things come to an end, and today that day has come to me.

My fianceè and I have chosen to go our separat ways. Yes I am now single and it is a very strange feeling after more then 4 yers, two of them engaged.

But i want to say, it was our health that drove us apart, she felt i put my life on hold becuase of her, and maybe i did. I have been taking care of her the best i could, but in the end the relationship become more toward me as a nursing person to her then her boyfriend and fiancee. So we are still friends and it will be that way for now.

We have to still live in the same apartment for some time, until i find something else. But that should not be a problem.

We both knew this day could come, and we do take it as two adults, with no fighting and no hard feelings. Our friendship remains as it has been.

Life will continue and I will still take onen day at the time.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Sorry to hear this. These things are never fun.
Its a difficult situation, but the time from new year until now it has been going more and more toward this, so it was not a big surprise for me, As long i can hold the friendship with her that is what counts right now :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm terribly sorry.
I hope things work out better very soon.

For both of you.
Tom
Since we are still friends, i am sure things will work out in a way, but we agreed on a time now where i continue live in the apartment until i find a new place, so yes even the love disapered due to mental issues and sickness actually for both of us, it just become to much tention and maybe it is better to part as friends and see what the futue brings. we both keep the door open to reunion if that is where this leads us. But now the time us uncertain

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I don't know the history of your situation. That said, I believe in the words that are commonly said during a marriage ceremony: "for better and for worse, in sickness and in health".

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I don't know the history of your situation. That said, I believe in the words that are commonly said during a marriage ceremony: "for better and for worse, in sickness and in health".
I do agree with you fully on that, But i can not force her to be in a relationship with me if that make her health worse then it already are. So even I would like to continue trying i have to respect her decision to do it this way.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Clearly it's a very hard situation. I honor your positive approach to dealing with it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Clearly it's a very hard situation. I honor your positive approach to dealing with it.
Yes it is very hard and difficult, but i can not burry my self down in pitty, This things can happen to anyone, and life must go on. I am sure that it will hurt for a long time, because she is a wonderful person, and honestly i have nothing negative to say about her.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
People change. And sometimes change back. I think you have a good heart, soul, and mind. You will be OK.

leov

My fianceè and I have chosen to go our separat ways. Yes I am now single and it is a very strange feeling after more then 4 yers, two of them engaged.

But i want to say, it was our health that drove us apart, she felt i put my life on hold becuase of her, and maybe i did. I have been taking care of her the best i could, but in the end the relationship become more toward me as a nursing person to her then her boyfriend and fiancee. So we are still friends and it will be that way for now.

We have to still live in the same apartment for some time, until i find something else. But that should not be a problem.

We both knew this day could come, and we do take it as two adults, with no fighting and no hard feelings. Our friendship remains as it has been.

Shad

Veteran Member

Too bad really as she sounds like a keeper with a good head on her shoulders.

Shad

Veteran Member
Yes she is a very good woman. We are still friends and at this moment that is the most important, and i will still help her if and when she needs it

Yah at least it was a good break up from the start. Best of luck to you both.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes it is very hard and difficult, but i can not burry my self down in pitty, This things can happen to anyone, and life must go on. I am sure that it will hurt for a long time, because she is a wonderful person, and honestly i have nothing negative to say about her.

Amanaki - Sounds a lot like my life, so can I ask a question, which may help. Is your partner suffering from depression?

Regards Tony

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Amanaki - Sounds a lot like my life, so can I ask a question, which may help. Is your partner suffering from depression?

Regards Tony
Yes, she is because of her health situation, she is 36 years old and are now unable to work, and this is very difficult for her to accept, she struggle with depression from long time back too, so it is something that been there, but now she get it worse more or less each week, so she has asked for professional help. She also struggle with psoriasis arthritis, and it has affected her so much she is now 95% in wheelchair