• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Christian Test

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
is jesus using idolatry to tempt with the promise of heaven?

matthew 4:9

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
giphy.gif

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

“And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.”

Are you sure that quote isn’t from Trump ?

WhyIsThatSo

The scripture you reference is involved with the "temptation" ( so called ) of Jesus, by the god of this world (Jehovah),
and has nothing to do with idolatry or heaven for that matter. Are you confused ?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The scripture you reference is involved with the "temptation" ( so called ) of Jesus, by the god of this world (Jehovah),
and has nothing to do with idolatry or heaven for that matter. Are you confused ?

only on the fact that some people idolize, fawn over jesus trying to get into heaven.

but then, didn't those who followed after Jesus not recognize heaven is where god is? sometimes people have to lose what they love to know what they lost

Iymus

perhaps you mean the devil.

Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

no. if any thing, i'm speaking of idolatry. specifically anthropolatry

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

James 1:
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
James 1:
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
so do you lust for heaven?

Don't be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.” - Dale Carnegie.

Luke 13:27

Iymus

no. if any thing, i'm speaking of idolatry. specifically anthropolatry

So Christ actions are idolatry; specifically anthropolatry, because he no hear and fall down to worship devil?

Kenny

Premium Member
so do you lust for heaven?

Don't be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.” - Dale Carnegie.

Luke 13:27
Lust and Love seem to be the same, but aren't.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So Christ actions are idolatry; specifically anthropolatry, because he no hear and fall down to worship devil?
Idolatry would be Antichrist like thing. I'm not suggesting Jesus necessarily did anything wrong. I'm hinting that flattery won't be getting worshippers anywhere.

Matthew 25:40

All beings are God's children, image.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
You can't serve the lust for material things in excess and have love. Heaven is a loving place and not a place of excess vs want
Yet, you can have streets of gold and not have lust. He sees it as gravel, it is lust that put it as a valuable asset. Who set the standard of what is excess?

It is a matter of the heart.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yet, you can have streets of gold and not have lust. He sees it as gravel, it is lust that put it as a valuable asset. Who set the standard of what is excess?

It is a matter of the heart.
Love does.