• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The case for a Stupid Design

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Putting aside for a moment the awesomeness of geological formations, tectonic causes for earthquakes and volcanic activity, thunderstorms, supernovas, or the immortal jellyfish off the coast of Japan. You know, just putting all that aside for just one minute.
The parasitical organic presence on earth, the 2013 reunion of 'N Sync on MTV VMAs, or the fact that Lost's finale ended up while attempting to synthesize six seasons worth of series into 104 minutes of brain melt all prove that there is a creating hand behind the universe. And that it is lame!

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Putting aside for a moment the awesomeness of geological formations, tectonic causes for earthquakes and volcanic activity, thunderstorms, supernovas, or the immortal jellyfish off the coast of Japan. You know, just putting all that for a side for just one minute.
The parasitical organic presence on earth, the 2013 reunion of 'N Sync on MTV VMAs, or the fact that Lost's finale ended up while attempting to synthesize six seasons worth of series into 104 minutes of brain melt all prove that there is a creating hand behind the universe. And that it is lame!

Source?

Tumah

Veteran Member
I understand that you are also making an argument here for an evil, immoral god.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
If man is made in god's image, then god is a neurotic, bumbling idiot whose narcissism and ego prevents him from seeing how inept and ineffectual he is.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Caladan, how dare you insist the Cosmic Buffoon is "lame"! How dare you, Sir!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
It's stuffed somewhere with Old Toby down my long pipe. Oh wait, man... I think I've smoked it.

That figures. Stupid Design advocates argue that this is a "science" when they have no evidence, no way to falsify their hypotheses, and no way to submit to peer review.

Just keep it out of our schools. Except for Justin Timberlake. He can stay. :yes:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
That figures. Stupid Design advocates argue that this is a "science" when they have no evidence, no way to falsify their hypotheses, and no way to submit to peer review.
Hey mannnnn.... I gave you my source and blew it out in rings of smoke all over the place! Look at the evidence mannn!!!
Just keep it out of our schools. Except for Justin Timberlake. He can stay. :yes:
You're messing with my Zen thing, man.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
If man is made in god's image, then god is a neurotic, bumbling idiot whose narcissism and ego prevents him from seeing how inept and ineffectual he is.
Werd, prophet.
Caladan, how dare you insist the Cosmic Buffoon is "lame"! How dare you, Sir!
You Buffoonians are too orthodox and narrow minded in your way, you'll never see my true path of innovation!
I'm pretty sure Lost was the Devils work.

GWB, now there is a case against intelligent design.
Splitter!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I think I feel the need to change my sigline, and list myself as an advocate of SD (Stupid Design). Any objections?
As a tease, I'll then link off to the most compelling evidence-based proof of SD I can find from a three-minute Google Search.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I think I feel the need to change my sigline, and list myself as an advocate of SD (Stupid Design). Any objections?
I may still have an open position as a prophet. I encourage you to file your CV!
As a tease, I'll then link off to the most compelling evidence-based proof of SD I can find from a three-minute Google Search.
And this is why you are natural for my prophetic mission! BRAVO!

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Only if one is proficient in the right dialect of Arabic. Think Palestinian ghetto lingo, you're living in Jerusalem aren't you? You should have some grasp of it. A simple criteria would be to be able to tell someone that you can't do something at the moment because you're chilling while having them convinced that your siesta is on par with a religious duty.
Is it a paradox that this marks me as neurotic but I don't care?
No! You are in fact on the right path toward liberation from the illusion of Stupid!

Tumah

Veteran Member
Only if one is proficient in the right dialect of Arabic. Think Palestinian ghetto lingo, you're living in Jerusalem aren't you? You should have some grasp of it. A simple criteria would be to be able to tell someone that you can't do something at the moment because you're chilling while having them convinced that your siesta is on par with a religious duty.

No, yosh.