• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The birth of Ra

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Stvdv,
That's a pun on me `believing` in anything, isn't it ?
I do believe in the afterlife continuance of some kind of sample of the spirit within me....surprised ?? But....it's not dragging any cognizance with it.
My cognizance dies with me, but....I wish you were right...surprise me !
I'll be waiting on the cusp of the Cosmos, wear an orchid on your jacket !

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Come on cognizance, stay with me, I'm not dead yet...what's next !

"You are dead"

Okay, could not help it. You kind of put the words in my mouth "I'm not dead yet ... what's next", of course "dead"

But now dead serious !

What do you mean: a)What happens to you, b)to the world, c)after you die
a) Your body will die, that is the only thing we know for sure. Till then, just wait and see (and know), then let me know on RF;)
b) The world will keep on moving, long after our body dies.
c) This is the most interesting part IMO

I can only speak from personal experience.
Once I stopped eating/drinking. Went through tunnel of light. In the End was my Guru. He had me replan this one way trip, so i can tell you about it:D

So from this experience I would say you get what your mind is focused on in the end.
Funny enough now it's the first time I remember "This is exactly what the Indian scriptures also declare"

If you drink a beer when dying, you might end up in a pub.
If you think of erotic dancing girls, you might end up in a bar.
If you think of God, you end up in heaven [unless just that split second, God had a quick errant into Hell to collect some stuff]:D
If you do not think, you end up where you ought to be [No thought, so "Thy Will Be Done" can happen]

I like to practice things myself. So definitely I will double check this "tunnel of light" experience a few times before going in for FULL.

Bottom line: I had no fear when "dying". And it was a wonderful experience. When my guru had me to double think about it. For like 30 min I was going up and down this tunnel of light. Was really fun and nice experience. Some have fear, then there might be fear when going through this tunnel. Some are at peace, and there might be peace. That is what I expect it to be.

Wish you all the best brother

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I wonder where belief in Ra and the need for pyramids came from. I mean, I get the purpose of the pyramids and devotion to the sun God, but what causes the beliefs to enter the imagination, minds, hearts, and practices of Homo-sapiens?

Ra also means "Rheumatoid arthritis".

So,
@'mud, you have a pond?
That's groovy! Ive always wanted one. Its what every man wants! You are full of surprises! :p

Do you have goldfish and a turtle? :)

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
No turtles but goldfish and mosquitoes and little wee worms and larvae and such,
and roots that detour to the pond, it's small but a lot of pleasure.
I wonder what will happen when I and my wife pass on, worrisome.
What ever happens....happens !

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Once upon a time the Sun was worshipped as the true and only `god`.
That's all Stargate Sci Fi. To the Egyptians Egypt was the gift of the Nile. They also studied the stars and had intellect mixed in with superstition. They had some real technology mixed in with useless magic, too. At first there were two Egypts, an upper and lower. These were united early on by the pharoah Narmer by means of the ultimate con. The people made him a god, a relative of the gods. From then on for about 3000 years the pharoahs were considered to be a force of nature. They had a grand time, and their hand was always against their brother. Battle was their way of life and oppression was their virtue. Then came Moses.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Brick,
I said: "Once upon a time..." even before Egypt and possibly Ra.
And " from that `god`..." came Ra and others. So be it !

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
hey Brick,
I said: "Once upon a time..." even before Egypt and possibly Ra.
And " from that `god`..." came Ra and others. So be it !
And before that a big brother slapped his little brother's face, and that's why we have twelve constellations instead of thirteen?

Jumi

hey Jumi…...you really think ?
Yes.

How do you know?
There's no proof otherwise. There are quite a lot of good books on Egyptology.

Not quite true, the god of Ra-Horus-Aten was elevated to monotheistic (or at least monolatric) status for an generation, before the orthodox polytheistic priests took control once more and tried to wipe all trace of the heretical Pharaoh Akhenaten from existence.
Aten is not Ra.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Monuments to the dead are only for the living. Wherever the dead are, they are much removed and untouched by memorials.

You are rooted in modern day western thinking. Read up on the Egyptian afterlife.

If the pyramids (and tombs in the valley of kings and valley of queens) were built for the living, why were they guarded and entry to the area forbidden?

WalterTrull

Godfella
You are rooted in modern day western thinking. Read up on the Egyptian afterlife.

If the pyramids (and tombs in the valley of kings and valley of queens) were built for the living, why were they guarded and entry to the area forbidden?

They were built to assuage the fears and bolster the claims of the living. They had no effect on the dead.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
From Ra to Nirvana….and we can't get passed Moses !
Ten `laws` to a mountain of `books`, and no end to the adherence to same.
No matter the leaders, including `God`, what is obeyed to, all of the time ?
An atheist asks...what's next...any guesses ?