• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The birth of Ra

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Once upon a time the Sun was worshipped as the true and only `god`.
From that `god` in the sky came storms and lightning and fire and destruction.
Some called it Ra, the almighty, the giver of life and death, and inner fear of it.
And then came Moses climbing a mound of sand and inhaling the smoke a burning bush.
And in those flames the image of a new exalted presence of a new saviour emerged....~God~
Carved a set of laws did He, laws for the Jews did He, and the rest is history except for Saul's riduculous writings of plageristic nuances. And Jesus became a new saviour and the cross awaited Him. Oh well, better than all the adjectives from Islam. And Jesus became just another prophet of what will never be. Oh Allah what wonderous feat you will perform, much better than Bahai or Buddah and longer than Nirvanna, endless survival into infinity. Geeee, what will be the next wonderous treat from the wonderous sky above us, and below us, can't forget satan.
Come on cognizance, stay with me, I'm not dead yet...what's next !

Last edited by a moderator:

Jumi

Ra was never seen as the only true god or almighty. Just the main god of a pantheon.

Sanzbir

Ra was never seen as the only true god or almighty. Just the main god of a pantheon.

Not quite true, the god of Ra-Horus-Aten was elevated to monotheistic (or at least monolatric) status for an generation, before the orthodox polytheistic priests took control once more and tried to wipe all trace of the heretical Pharaoh Akhenaten from existence.

I think the OP is just another iteration of the "Moses was an Atenist" theorem with a liberal helping of hard-to-follow rambling.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
One can really tell how many people read the whole post,
can't one ?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Can you see my right middle finger,
and then the other one on my other hand,
do like stereo sound ? Or your ears bad also ?
Just kidding of course, and I still have more beer !
Happy flag day ! No knees please !
:cool:

Sanzbir

One can really tell how many people read the whole post,
can't one ?

Well it's RF. Generally, from my experience, no one reads anything.

But anyways I've been really tryin', and I can't make heads or tales of your words.

Once upon a time the Sun was worshipped as the true and only `god`.
From that `god` in the sky came storms and lightning and fire and destruction.

Storms and lightning and destruction also happen at NIGHT, so they are not of the Sun, what are you on about here??

Some called it Ra, the almighty, the giver of life and death, and inner fear of it.

Yep. That statement makes sense.

And then came Moses climbing a mound of sand and inhaling the smoke a burning bush.

I believe you're either trying to tie Moses with Atenism, as many have done, or you're just tryin' to say "420 blaze it" in regards to Moses, as many also have done.

And in those flames the image of a new exalted presence of a new saviour emerged....~God~

How is it a new savior if you've already established God earlier in this??

Carved a set of laws did He, laws for the Jews did He, and the rest is history except for Saul's riduculous writings of plageristic nuances.

Can't really fault your opinions on Paul.

And Jesus became a new saviour and the cross awaited Him.

Yep...

Oh well, better than all the adjectives from Islam.

Adjectives??

And Jesus became just another prophet of what will never be.

I follow this, in that you're stating that you're saying prophecized futures will never be.

Up until this point, statements about adjectives notwithstanding, I've been able to mostly follow you...

But then...

Oh Allah what wonderous feat you will perform, much better than Bahai or Buddah and longer than Nirvanna, endless survival into infinity.

. . .

Trying to parse this.

All I can come up with is "WAT??"

Geeee, what will be the next wonderous treat from the wonderous sky above us,

On that note I think the first part would have made a bit more sense if you went with Sky instead of Sun. I think from a comparative religion perspective you could make a better case that the predecessor of monotheism was the Sky rather than the Sun.

and below us, can't forget satan.

Okay.

Come on cognizance, stay with me, I'm not dead yet...what's next !

Look, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think cognizance may have departed several sentences ago.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Some nit picking here yes ?
Moses was stoned...burning bush ??
`god` vs. ~God~....there's a difference...sense of importance to the point of worship...to what and for what.
Descriptions of Allah like tremendous, fabulous, mighty, and on and on and on....in praise of Allah. The theists do some of this also in praise of their `God`.
In respect for the virgins and the furtherance of life after death into infinity.
Ohhhh `sun`...`sky`....whatever...more nit picking.
But....thanks for the read...enjoyed the kibitz !
:cool:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've been reading about Ra and the purpose of the pyramids.

The pyramids were for the dead more than the living. It was all about and designed to benefit the deceased monarchs in the afterlife.

I admire the devotees of Ra, their respect for the dead, and their beliefs that the spirit goes on living after the death of the body!:thumbsup:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Monuments to the dead are only for the living. Wherever the dead are, they are much removed and untouched by memorials.
Study the pyramids more, and why they left offerings and belongings for the dead, and believed their souls continued journeying after death, and benefited from being mummified and placed in a pyramid.

WalterTrull

Godfella
Study the pyramids more, and why they left offerings and belongings for the dead, and believed their souls continued journeying after death, and benefited from being mummified and placed in a pyramid.
If I had a nickel for every religious belief...