• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang and Evolution

Reggie Miller

I don't get it.
You believe magic poofing, more reasonable than the conclusions drawn from mountains of empirical evidence?
Where is the evidence for your claim of magic?
Evidence?

Mountains of assumption on top of assumption vs. God. Hmm... yep, I'll go with God.

Hint: God doesn't do magic. If you want to talk about magic talk to a magician.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Mountains of assumption on top of assumption vs. God. Hmm... yep, I'll go with God.
Mountains of evidence on one side. Tradition and ego-identity on the other.
Hint: God doesn't do magic. If you want to talk about magic talk to a magician.
What are you talking about? Magic is exactly the 'mechanism' attributed to God. God is depicted as casually reaching down to alter the laws of chemistry and physics -- and no explanation of mechanism is deemed necessary.
What would you call this?

Reggie Miller

Mountains of evidence on one side. Tradition and ego-identity on the other.
What are you talking about? Magic is exactly the 'mechanism' attributed to God. God is depicted as casually reaching down to alter the laws of chemistry and physics -- and no explanation of mechanism is deemed necessary.
What would you call this?

Are you really this ignorant?

Reggie Miller

Right back at ya.
Please explain where I'm wrong, here.

You're wrong in that you're willingly ignorant of what's right. No professor is able to change your mind, no matter how hard he tries.

2 Peter 3:5
5But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water

Shad

Veteran Member
I'm not your son and I'll reply however I will. You bore me.

All you have shown is you can not stay on point nor address my points. See while I say I can do what I want unlike you I actually take the time to reply to points made rather than dodging.

omega2xx

I don't get it.
You believe magic poofing, more reasonable than the conclusions drawn from mountains of empirical evidence?
Where is the evidence for your claim of magic?
Evidence?

First provide the evidence that God caused anyone to be infertile. That was the first statement and it had no evidence.

Reggie Miller

All you have shown is you can not stay on point nor address my points. See while I say I can do what I want unlike you I actually take the time to reply to points made rather than dodging.

I'm still bored with you. Got anything else?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
"Infinity" is a possibility, and infinity works in math on some equations, so it has to be considered a viable possibility. Is it the answer, "I don't know".

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
First provide the evidence that God caused anyone to be infertile. That was the first statement and it had no evidence.
Huh? Am I missing something, here?
If God does not exist, you have to address how life, matter and energy come to exist. You can't speak of evolution without addressing the mechanics involved in how those 3 things came into existence.
Yes, we can.
Evolution focuses on change within existent populations. All arts and sciences have a specific purview; a limited scope. Requiring a complete explanation of cosmology and abiogenisis before any field of study can be addressed is absurd and immediately shuts down all fields of study.

As for God, you're proposing a false dilemma.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
His written word..........He created all things, (yes, you and me too), and He had the wisdom to have ALL THINGS replenish and reproduce from seed of itself. Wow! The thought of man evolving from ________ (whatever you want to put in there), is a perfect example of "fake News". Read the first couple chapters of Genesis and you will know where you came from.
ronandcarol
You do realize there is no evidence for this folklore, I hope?