• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang and Evolution

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
If God exists perhaps the big bang was his way of creating the universe making scientist and Religion correct.

Maybe he is also responsible for evolution.
I think you are on the right track.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
If God exists perhaps the big bang was his way of creating the universe making scientist and Religion correct.

I've held this opinion for a long time now. It is perfectly compatible with eastern religious beliefs, imo.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
I feel a God with supreme intelligence would judge a man by his individual actions and not his Religious affiliation.

If not he would be a bit foolish to take a less moral person over a moral one based on their beliefs.

Even a moral Athiest should enter heaven

This is precisely what Christ is saying in the parable of the Good Samaritan.
Welcome to True Christianity.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
What does the Big Bang have to do with evolution?

They are both grossly incomplete philosophies full of contradictions and good observations.
They are both wrongly attributed to the category of 'science'; when they are both more than half guess-work;
and rely more on a 'science of the gaps' narrative than on rigorous logic.

Because they both entirely ignore the argument from design, the chaotic nature of their narratives
resembles a process of monkeys randomly typing at keyboards.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Actually this is what most Christian theologians believe is likely.

omega2xx

You need to read the book He inspired to be written.

Start in chapter 1 of Genesis and figure out what "after their kind" means.

Laika

Premium Member
They are both grossly incomplete philosophies full of contradictions and good observations.
They are both wrongly attributed to the category of 'science'; when they are both more than half guess-work;
and rely more on a 'science of the gaps' narrative than on rigorous logic.

Because they both entirely ignore the argument from design, the chaotic nature of their narratives
resembles a process of monkeys randomly typing at keyboards.

The scientific community will reply to you shortly...:)

Ubon

I used the big bang and evolution as two examples as that is what is usually argued between science and Religion.

If either turns out true regardless of what turns out to be true if there is a God it must be from him so why argue at all.

Because of my eg people assume i hold truth to these theories

Idont know how much evidence there is as i dont stud them in depth.

Buddha was asked about creation and refused to answer as its answer is inconceivable to our minds and dwelling on the past will not help you attain nibbana.