• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible Was Right. The Earth Is Flat.

djhwoodwerks

What makes you think The Flat Earth is "spinning?"

Lol. Please plan and review your comments.

Let me

Let me lovingly help your English comprehension in the Wonderful Name of Jesus.

"Circle" does not mean "globe." Lol. Can you rejoice in the truth, as God has instructed you to within His definition of Love?

Maybe not? Too stubborn? Lol.

Ok, your "logic" says we are on a round, flat, stationary earth. What keeps us on it?

ThirtyThree

Did you forget

Did you forget to remember the most recent Astrophysical Evidence shows "gravity" is actually a pushing force coming from the far reaches of the Universe?

Tell me if that makes you feel desperate and uncomfortable. Lol.

Actually, that fascinates me. I do not yet subscribe to it though. Tesla and possibly Einstein right?

djhwoodwerks

resorting to weak ad hominem because of an inability to deal with facts. Lol. This is so much fun.

Maybe not? Too stubborn? Lol.

Are you emotionally affected by what I posted ... ? Lol.

Did you forget

Did you forget to remember the most recent Astrophysical Evidence shows "gravity" is actually a pushing force coming from the far reaches of the Universe?

Tell me if that makes you feel desperate and uncomfortable. Lol.

Yep, just someone making a post to put people down and laugh at them.

ThirtyThree

In regard to the post by Nietzche regarding computers in the ancient world:

Some suggest the following picture is an ancient computer or part of one:
The_Antikythera_Mechanism_(3209890679).jpg

While I do not believe in most things like the above, just as I do not believe there are fossilized dinosaur footprints along with human ones (those are proven to be hoaxes), images like this are interesting. These are the things that make one go "hmm" about the ancient world.

Here is a video which explains the mechanism the above object is said to be part of:

and:

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I

I notice, just as I predicted about people as yourself, you cannot factually refute any part of the OP, but have instead referred to weak ad hominem.

Are you emotionally affected by what I posted ... ? Lol.
I'm just curious if you are hoaxing and I now suspect you are, but it really doesn't matter much to me,,,,,just curious what makes you tick.

Stokley

I'm just curious if you are hoaxing and I now suspect you are, but it really doesn't matter much to me,,,,,just curious what makes you tick.
More ad hominem. You "Christians" kind of just fumble around, dontcha?

Lol. Are you unable to focus on the material of the OP, or can you only think about "how I seem to be?" Women do that, y'know.

djhwoodwerks

Review the latest Astrophysical findings which show "gravity" is actually a pushing force from the distant edges of the Cosmos.

I doubt you will. Lol.

Nope, I won't.

I suggest that, instead of continuing this nonsense, you should just go outside and start walking and see how long it takes you to either, fall off the earth, or have to climb over the edge to get to the other side. Then come back and let us know what you found. We'll be here waiting.

Stokley

Cann
Nope, I won't.

I suggest that, instead of continuing this nonsense, you should just go outside and start walking and see how long it takes you to either, fall off the earth, or have to climb over the edge to get to the other side. Then come back and let us know what you found. We'll be here waiting.
Cannot deal with facts, can you? I suggest you find a gyroscope, fire it up, carefully watch it, then try to figure out why it does not precess "As The Earth Rotates."

Simple enough for you? Lol. See how these "facts" operate? Or, you could just chat about how you personally "feel" about gyroscopes.

Lol. Please find some sentient thoughts before you become too desperate to defend your Secular World View.

Remember, the Babylonians who wrote the precursor documents to Genesis knew the Earth was flat. Lol.

djhwoodwerks

More ad hominem. You "Christians" kind of just fumble around, dontcha?

I totally understand now!! You have stated in your religion that you are Christian, but you are belittling others who claim to be Christians, you must be a Jehovah's Witness. That explains a lot for this topic. And you must have just got back from your meeting, so you need a way to feel better about yourself. Hence the need to come here and belittle people.

ThirtyThree

Cann

Cannot deal with facts, can you? I suggest you find a gyroscope, fire it up, carefully watch it, then try to figure out why it does not precess "As The Earth Rotates."

Simple enough for you? Lol. See how these "facts" operate? Or, you could just chat about how you personally "feel" about gyroscopes.

Lol. Please find some sentient thoughts before you become too desperate to defend your Secular World View.

Remember, the Babylonians who wrote the precursor documents to Genesis knew the Earth was flat. Lol.

Do you honestly believe the Earth is flat or is this thread intended in humor? Maybe consider replying to my other posts also, rather than getting into a squabble with D[jhwoodwerks? It is an open discussion, after all?

Tumah

Veteran Member
If it is a metaphor, "pillars" is a correct term to use regarding a spherical planet.

By the way, "Pillars" means this:

מָצוּק
matsuwq:
molten support, pillar, column. It may also refer to mountains.
This word means a stand or support as in 2 Sam. 15:24.
Can you quote a verse where this root word is used in reference to a mountain?

Isa 40:22: It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

CIRCLE:
חוּג
chuwg: Specifically relating to the arch or vault of the sky.
This word specifically means something circular having no inherent relation to an arch or vault of the sky. It shares a root word with the Hebrew word for "compass" (Isa. 44:13) an instrument which draws circles and is likewise unrelated to the arch or vault of the sky.

djhwoodwerks

Cann

I don't rely on "HUMAN" wisdom. My faith and facts come from the Bible. Yep, you're a JW.

Stokley

I totally understand now!! You have stated in your religion that you are Christian, but you are belittling others who claim to be Christians, you must be a Jehovah's Witness. That explains a lot for this topic. And you must have just got back from your meeting, so you need a way to feel better about yourself. Hence the need to come here and belittle people.
Lol. Nope, Precious Heart. I am not a JW.

Did you know Jesus spent a majority of His time belittling people? You do not know that.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
When one must explain a joke, this is a failure
which should tell one to skip the explanation.
Why am I such an authority?
I know failure.
I just wanted to make sure that readers of this didn't think I was just being gross towards ya, largely because I don't want you to appear more gross than what you already are.:p

Stokley

This word means a stand or support as in 2 Sam. 15:24.
Can you quote a verse where this root word is used in reference to a mountain?

This word specifically means something circular having no inherent relation to an arch or vault of the sky. It shares a root word with the Hebrew word for "compass" (Isa. 44:13) an instrument which draws circles and is likewise unrelated to the arch or vault of the sky.
Tell me where the "pillars" are placed to "support" a spherical Earth.

Are they perhaps placed somewhere near a ... "metaphore" ... ? Lol. This is fun.