• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible verses religion.

outhouse

Atheistically
Before I read this, could I ask you if you believe in the Jesus that is in the new testament, that he actually did all those so called miracles, like walking on water, turning the water into wine and all the rest, and does this link believe in that same Jesus as well ?.

Ya brother you can ask that.

No, biblical Jesus is not historical Jesus.

Biblical Jesus is rhetoric steeped in mythology. I do not follow any of that, history dictates a peasant Aramaic Galilean who opposed the very Hellenist who ended up writing his mythology.

psychoslice

Veteran Member

Biblical Jesus is rhetoric steeped in mythology. I do not follow any of that, history dictates a peasant Aramaic Galilean who opposed the very Hellenist who ended up writing his mythology.
Yes I think I am starting to get where you are, and I have to agree with, I certainly don't see the Jesus that we are lead to believe, but I do see a man that was Enlightened, just as the Buddha, Krishna and many others, and there are many today who are becoming Enlightened.........so I may now read that link, thanks.

Unification

Unsubstantiated rhetorical opinion.

If we can say anything about a deity, is that the definition has factually changed, depending on who is defining the concept.

One thing is close to factual as it can be. All religions describe the concept differently, and the difference between me and you is very simple.

You think one deity out of thousands of them is real. You think one primitive religion got it right. I think none got it right.

I just think they all described the mythology that was important to each culture mirroring their own needs.

God just is.

You know, what you just have stated is all correct, excluding speaking for me, and there is no difference with what you just stated.

Telling another human what they think by assumption and speaking for one is the real difference. That's the lower nature of human working, the only true difference of mankind. (Mindkind)

That's not the battle, I know that deep down behind that educated and closed mind of yours, your higher conscious works at times and by every good act that you do, you are glorifying God whether you know it or like it or not.

Unification

Biblical Jesus is not a person, it's a higher conscious of enlightment, wisdom and knowledge unseen by the natural mind, personified.

outhouse

Atheistically
Yes I think I am starting to get where you are, and I have to agree with, I certainly don't see the Jesus that we are lead to believe, but I do see a man that was Enlightened, just as the Buddha, Krishna and many others, and there are many today who are becoming Enlightened.........so I may now read that link, thanks.

I see man taught by John the Baptist.

I see man who took over Johns movement after death.

I see man who learned from Johns death and took the movement to the road, where he would go unnoticed, where John grew crowds that got him killed.

I see a man against his Hellenistic oppressors that made his life miserable.

I see man going up against the corruption in the temple where no others would, and it cost him his life and he died the most horrible death one can next to being burnt alive.

I see his original people later causing the fall of the temple 3.5 decades later.

outhouse

Atheistically
Biblical Jesus is not a person, it's a higher conscious of enlightment, wisdom and knowledge unseen by the natural mind, personified.

That's only your unsubstantiated rhetorical opinion. Nothing more. History dictates he was a man. A teacher, and healer. A martyr and a leader of a small group of peasants.

Unification

That's only your unsubstantiated rhetorical opinion. Nothing more. History dictates he was a man. A teacher, and healer. A martyr and a leader of a small group of peasants.

You can't see history, so that's your rhetorical opinion as well.

Education from non-church goers and historians are no different than education from a bible theologean or self anointed pastor/priest,etc.

One of a higher consciousness doesn't need evidence. What's past is past and what's future is future... Either way one can only BE and LIVE in the NOW. The present.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I see man taught by John the Baptist.

I see man who took over Johns movement after death.

I see man who learned from Johns death and took the movement to the road, where he would go unnoticed, where John grew crowds that got him killed.

I see a man against his Hellenistic oppressors that made his life miserable.

I see man going up against the corruption in the temple where no others would, and it cost him his life and he died the most horrible death one can next to being burnt alive.

I see his original people later causing the fall of the temple 3.5 decades later.
mmm, I can see some of that having truth to it, but I need more convincing, I just never let myself fall into any beliefs, I just keep question until I cannot question anymore, which hasn't happened yet lol.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
You can't see history, so that's your rhetorical opinion as well.

Education from non-church goers and historians are no different than education from a bible theologean or self anointed pastor/priest,etc.

One of a higher consciousness doesn't need evidence. What's past is past and what's future is future... Either way one can only BE and LIVE in the NOW. The present.
Yes, the here and Now, that's true living.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
You don't think their is wisdom is seeing clearly mans past mistakes, his goals and aspirations? His achievements?

History factually enriches the now.
I understand, but no, I don't read much about history, it doesn't interest me, those who need to learn from the past, yes, they may need to understand the past.

outhouse

Atheistically
mmm, I can see some of that having truth to it

Just think about this.

In the Diaspora YOU ARE a Hellenistic gentile who is thinking of worshipping just one god, and you have two choices.

You have two sons of god to choose from.

You have the Emperor who was first "son of god" a corrupt politician who demanded you worship him as the "son of god"

You have a man in front of half a million people show his pure heart by a perceived sacrifice of himself for the good of the people, whom people were now calling the real "son of god"

outhouse

Atheistically
I understand, but no, I don't read much about history, it doesn't interest me, those who need to learn from the past, yes, they may need to understand the past.

Its not for everyone.

For me, it has enriched my life. I went out to find the truth and I did. Now that ended up just being the hook. Now that I realize how much there is to know, im soaking knowledge up like a sponge. You can ask anyone who has been here 5 years. I came in with no knowledge what so ever.

This new knowledge for me is a vehicle to a wide range of education I wish I had when I was younger.

Unification

YOU cannot. I at least can see pieces of it.

It is a rather uneducated opinion to denounce the importance of history.

But at least the biased reason your doing it is obvious :rolleyes:

My reasoning is not to dispute with one, if one needs to feed one's ego about being right... Let them be right, if that's what makes one's world and perception truth and a better place in one's head. If that is what helps one know themselves and experience true living.. I'm all for that.

The importance of history means what exactly to you? Sure it's interesting to discuss and have that interaction with humans' but you live now in the present.

Unification

Its not for everyone.

For me, it has enriched my life. I went out to find the truth and I did. Now that ended up just being the hook. Now that I realize how much there is to know, im soaking knowledge up like a sponge. You can ask anyone who has been here 5 years. I came in with no knowledge what so ever.

This new knowledge for me is a vehicle to a wide range of education I wish I had when I was younger.

That is beautiful. It's enriched your own unique experience of life and is very respectable and commendable.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Just think about this.

In the Diaspora YOU ARE a Hellenistic gentile who is thinking of worshipping just one god, and you have two choices.

You have two sons of god to choose from.

You have the Emperor who was first "son of god" a corrupt politician who demanded you worship him as the "son of god"

You have a man in front of half a million people show his pure heart by a perceived sacrifice of himself for the good of the people, whom people were now calling the real "son of god"
Yes I can see what your saying, but myself I worship no one, cause I don't believe in a god of any type.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Its not for everyone.

Myself I experienced truth, this only happened when I gave up trying to find what I thought was truth, all knowledge kept me away from what I was already, the truth, and all this happened beyond the mind.