• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible verses religion.

Domenic

Since religion and the bible do not agree, one of them has to be false.
Here is a clue: Christian religions claim to use the bible...yet what religions teach does not match the bible.

outhouse

Atheistically

Faulty logic.

One does not have to be false.

The bible and religion agree in many places. SO your claim needs to be substantiated where YOUI think they disagree, so we can look at each instance on a case by case basis.

Christian religions claim to use the bible

And they do in many places. Their claim is substantiated, if you can even show that they make that claim.

I think you will run into trouble substantiating that one.

...yet what religions teach does not match the bible.

That's would be a good thing being the books were written for people that lived 2000 years ago. No one today should teach certain interpretations.

I think most of your trouble is in how you expect different people to interpret the books.

Domenic

outhouse,
you said: "I think most of your trouble is in how you expect different people to interpret the books."
No I don't. Here is what God says in the Bible: Genesis 40:8 "Do not interpretations belong to God?"

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
outhouse,
you said: "I think most of your trouble is in how you expect different people to interpret the books."
No I don't. Here is what God says in the Bible: Genesis 40:8 "Do not interpretations belong to God?"
So Christians should not attempt to understand the Bible?

outhouse

Atheistically

Reading it out of context much?

Which is an interpretation issue

God did not wrote the book, men did. So god said nothing

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Here is a clue: Christian religions claim to use the bible...yet what religions teach does not match the bible.
Christianity is a religion, regardless as to whether one affiliates with a denomination.

Secondly, just because one may not affiliate with a denomination and decide to be independent, this does not in any way mean that they are in any way going to translate scripture correctly. Matter of fact, they are actually more likely to be mistaken than those in a denomination.

Thirdly, if one is a Christian and not affiliation with any group of any kind, they are violating what the Christian scriptures say because they're not in community.

outhouse

Atheistically
40:8 And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.

So not only did you interpret it wrong, your taking it WAY out of context.

Domenic

So Christians should not attempt to understand the Bible?[/QUOTE

I did not say that?

Christianity is a religion, regardless as to whether one affiliates with a denomination.
Secondly, just because one may not affiliate with a denomination and decide to be independent, this does not in any way mean that they are in any way going to translate scripture correctly. Matter of fact, they are actually more likely to be mistaken than those in a denomination.
Thirdly, if one is a Christian and not affiliation with any group of any kind, they are violating what the Christian scriptures say because they're not in community.

The term Christian was a name the Romans gave to those who followed the teaching of Jesus. Those who believe in God, and his son Jesus are to gather together...We do, and we are not a part of a man made religion.
You on the other had, reject Jesus as the son of God. Matter of fact, you reject all the Greek scriptures.
Here is a case for you. "The tribe of Judah is still waiting for the Messiah to come. In 70CE the romans destroyed all the Jewish records. The Messiah has to prove by record his line from Abraham...that had to be done before those records were destroyed in 70CE. You guys missed the boat. You rejected Jesus then, and you reject him now.

Domenic

was invented by the Romans,

1st, 2nd, and 3rd...
The term Christian was invented by the Romans...it was not a term used by the followers of Jesus. Those who believe in God, and his son Jesus are commanded to gather together...we do, and we are not a part of any man made religion.
I see you have the star of David? Bit on this; David never had a star. His son Solomon had the star. He got it from Bath-Sheba. She got it from Egypt...it is the sign of Satan. The tribe of Judah (Jews) reject Jesus as the son of God, and have the sign of Satan on their flag...

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The term Christian was a name the Romans gave to those who followed the teaching of Jesus. Those who believe in God, and his son Jesus are to gather together...We do, and we are not a part of a man made religion.
You on the other had, reject Jesus as the son of God. Matter of fact, you reject all the Greek scriptures.
Here is a case for you. "The tribe of Judah is still waiting for the Messiah to come. In 70CE the romans destroyed all the Jewish records. The Messiah has to prove by record his line from Abraham...that had to be done before those records were destroyed in 70CE. You guys missed the boat. You rejected Jesus then, and you reject him now.

First of all, if you actually did the research you would know that there's no way to tell exactly when and by whom was the label "Christian" first applied to the Way. Most scholars do believe it was an assigned title from someone or group that was outside of the community, but that's just a theory.

Secondly, who's the "we"?

Thirdly, all Jewish records were not destroyed.

Fourthly, the OP has nothing to do with Judaism, but it certainly didn't take you long to get into a bigoted rant.

Fifth, it might be better that you actually study "Christian" theology first, and get the more down right before trying to deal with the Jewish connection.

Sixth, I do believe that Jesus was likely a very kind and modest person, so maybe you should consider emulating him at least a bit.

Seventh, goodbye.

outhouse

Atheistically
She got it from Egypt...it is the sign of Satan.

Ridiculous

The term Christian was invented by the Romans...

Ridiculous

The first recorded use of the term (or its cognates in other languages) is in the New Testament, in Acts 11:26

And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Makes no mention or implication of a Roman origin.

...it was not a term used by the followers of Jesus.

You cannot prove or even show that.

and we are not a part of any man made religion.

Then who made it? animals?

Domenic

Ridiculous

Ridiculous

The first recorded use of the term (or its cognates in other languages) is in the New Testament, in Acts 11:26

And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Acts 11:26 does not match the scrolls. The Bible was taken from the scrolls. Men have made changes in the bible.

Makes no mention or implication of a Roman origin.

read the roman records on this subject.

You cannot prove or even show that.

Then who made it? animals?

It is clear your education did not take in history of the time, nor have you read the scrolls. Are you a CATHOLIC?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Since the Bible advocates that a believer should not only have faith in the word but also put that word to action, it is, in itself, a religious book...and those who follow it, are following how Paul (or Peter) described as the "true religion."

moorea944

I agree with you on that one!! I think alot of Christianity is wrong. Alot of false doctrines have crept in, esp. on feelings. Most of the doctrines we see out there do not match the bible.

moorea944

The scriptures don't teach us about God. God teaches us about God. Lean not on your own understanding or trust in man.
Scriptures do teach us about our God. They are here for us. God does teach us about Himself thru the bible. We learn all about Him.