• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible verses religion.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
If the UNIVERSE created us? Jehovah isn't the universe, He is the CREATOR of the universe, and it's sovereign ruler.
Yes, i believe that.... but not everyone does. Diests believe the universe is a 'God' of sorts.

And I say to them, if the universe wants you to have a desire to live endlessly, then it must be possible for us to live endlessly. Of course though i believe that it is Jehovah who makes everlasting life possible. :)

Domenic

I can understand why you believe it is not the dead being talked to.
Thank you for the clarification.

However, you have not shown that it is demons that are being talked to.

Demons are fallen angels. They came down here before the great flood. All we have to prove that are scriptures, and the bones of giants with large strange heads.Out side of that, no, we don't have any proof. many want to believe they are alive after they die. Jesus said in the grace there is no time. He put it this way, xFrom when you die to when you will be brought back by Jesus, it will seem like walking through a doorway...seconds.

Domenic

I can understand why you believe it is not the dead being talked to.
Thank you for the clarification.

However, you have not shown that it is demons that are being talked to.

No there is no proof. All we have is the scrolls that say angels came to earth in the form of men, took human women, and had children. It says these children were giants. We do have bones of human giants with large strange heads world wide. outside of that we have nothing...

truthofscripture

Yes, i believe that.... but not everyone does. Diests believe the universe is a 'God' of sorts.

And I say to them, if the universe wants you to have a desire to live endlessly, then it must be possible for us to live endlessly. Of course though i believe that it is Jehovah who makes everlasting life possible. :)
Sad.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
That may be a good view to have when you think about it. If there is no hope for the future, then it is what will become of us all anyway.
....no hope for the future? That's different to what I said. The word 'hope' suggests an expectation that is wished for. Over the countless eons before my time I did not hope to exist, and over the countless eons after my time I will not mind my nothingness, because (at last) I am content with the will of God. :

But I like to think of our life as having a future. If the universe created us with a desire to live forever, then im going to take that as evidence that its possible. :)
Your life does have a future. No single part of you will ever die. But watch yourself growing old and ask yourself if your body and self has any rights which a bumble bee does not........ and you may know the truth.

The atoms which compose a body, made to hold it together for infinity? That is a sentence which they do not deserve. We should be grateful for every day that they all decide to continue on.... :)

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
No there is no proof. All we have is the scrolls that say angels came to earth in the form of men, took human women, and had children. It says these children were giants. We do have bones of human giants with large strange heads world wide. outside of that we have nothing...
Demons are fallen angels. They came down here before the great flood. All we have to prove that are scriptures, and the bones of giants with large strange heads.Out side of that, no, we don't have any proof. many want to believe they are alive after they die. Jesus said in the grace there is no time. He put it this way, xFrom when you die to when you will be brought back by Jesus, it will seem like walking through a doorway...seconds.

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt that fallen angels are demons (very generous of me I know), you still have not shown outside your personal belief that these demons are who is being talked to.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
....no hope for the future? That's different to what I said. The word 'hope' suggests an expectation that is wished for. Over the countless eons before my time I did not hope to exist, and over the countless eons after my time I will not mind my nothingness, because (at last) I am content with the will of God. :

thats right, because existence is special. There is a HUGE gap between living and non-living matter. Why would you want to go back to non-existence?

Your life does have a future. No single part of you will ever die. But watch yourself growing old and ask yourself if your body and self has any rights which a bumble bee does not........ and you may know the truth.

The atoms which compose a body, made to hold it together for infinity? That is a sentence which they do not deserve. We should be grateful for every day that they all decide to continue on.... :)

Our bodies cells are always changing.... but our consciousness is our own and once its gone, it does not exist on in the same way our physical cells/atoms might. All your memories and knowledge...how can you be happy to loose all that?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
thats right, because existence is special. There is a HUGE gap between living and non-living matter. Why would you want to go back to non-existence?

Our bodies cells are always changing.... but our consciousness is our own and once its gone, it does not exist on in the same way our physical cells/atoms might. All your memories and knowledge...how can you be happy to loose all that?

Cells changing.......... yep. true.
Let me get this right, you yourself are complying with laws, standards, requirements etc etc for a payback.
You expect a payback in the form of everlasting life (or consciousness?) by living as you do.
You expect to exist everlastingly, but no other animal, and most other humans will not receive this payback. True?

Before I ask you what this everlasting world would be like, what you would do, what you would eat, what interests you would follow ( I hope you're not into veterinary surgery, for instance), before I ask you whether your body would work in the same way as it does now, ....... before all that, here is the question:-
Do you really think that living on and on for everlasting time is heaven?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Y........................................... Diests believe the universe is a 'God' of sorts......................................................

....bigger than that. ................. much much bigger.
Already, some scientists are mumbling about a multiverse.
Imagine billions of multiverses, forming a Cosmos of multiverses.
Imagine billions of Cosmi (Cosmoses :) )
Don't stop............ keep on going. Never stop.
My idea of God is not just everlasting, but never ending.
God is Great.
And since I am so small a part .....as nothing......... in comparison, I will put my trust in God.
In Domino Confide :p

Domenic

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt that fallen angels are demons (very generous of me I know), you still have not shown outside your personal belief that these demons are who is being talked to.

At this point, all I can suggest is to prove, or disprove the Bible. I for one base Bible truth on prophesies. What I found, they do match history. There are some yet to happen. I know many people say they don’t match history, and were written after the event. Others in science say they do. For the last fifty years I have been saying (as the Bible says) the eight world power will fall over night. That power is the USA. What is left to happen: Religions will be destroyed by the nations over night. The worst time in human history will come...it is called the great tribulation.

The anti-christ will come to save the world…Jesus will come to destroy all living things on earth. People will be given a last chance before all is destroyed by God.

These are the things the Bible says will happen. When? I have no idea.