• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible verses religion.

Domenic

No they have not.

All fraud.

Amazing Pic of Nephilim Giant Skulls from Tiwanaku Bolivia Museum. They lack foreheads and the craniums are elongated at 45 degree angles
tiwanakuskulls2.jpg

I guess only lowlanders know of such things.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
…Jesus will come to destroy all living things on earth.......................

.......hhmmmmm...... so Jesus is not the loving healing forgiving entity which the gospels report?
Where did you get the idea that Jesus will be a ruthless unscrupulous killer?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
At this point, all I can suggest is to prove, or disprove the Bible. I for one base Bible truth on prophesies. What I found, they do match history. There are some yet to happen. I know many people say they don’t match history, and were written after the event. Others in science say they do. For the last fifty years I have been saying (as the Bible says) the eight world power will fall over night. That power is the USA. What is left to happen: Religions will be destroyed by the nations over night. The worst time in human history will come...it is called the great tribulation.

The anti-christ will come to save the world…Jesus will come to destroy all living things on earth. People will be given a last chance before all is destroyed by God.

These are the things the Bible says will happen. When? I have no idea.
Since you are not interested in supporting your claim, I shall dismiss as wishful thinking on your part.

have a nice day.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Cells changing.......... yep. true.
Let me get this right, you yourself are complying with laws, standards, requirements etc etc for a payback.
You expect a payback in the form of everlasting life (or consciousness?) by living as you do.
You expect to exist everlastingly, but no other animal, and most other humans will not receive this payback. True?

Its not a payback.... its a 'promise' and its something everyone can receive if they really want it.
2Peter 3:13 But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise,+ and in these righteousness is to dwell

Before I ask you what this everlasting world would be like, what you would do, what you would eat, what interests you would follow ( I hope you're not into veterinary surgery, for instance), before I ask you whether your body would work in the same way as it does now, ....... before all that, here is the question:-
Do you really think that living on and on for everlasting time is heaven?

No. Its not heaven. Its earth.

Psalm 115:16 As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah,+
But the earth he has given to the sons of men.

Norman

Defender of Truth
So why the deception?
Do you or do you not believe that an atheist cannot understand the Bible?

You have already claimed that an atheist cannot understand the Bible because they do not have the Holy Spirit to guide them.
What are you basing this claim upon?

Do you believe that the Holy Spirit cannot assist an atheist in understanding?

See, the whole "you have to be possessed before you can understand" dismissal you used comes off as nothing more than a cheap blow off.
I am curious as to if you honestly believe it or not.

Norman: I don’t think that any answer that I give you will be enough, however, an Atheist is a person who believes that God does not exist and one who believes that there is no deity are wise‍ in their own eyes, and prudent‍ in their own sight with the wisdom of the world. The vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men cannot draw the Holy Ghost unto us. Some men when they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. The Holy Ghost cannot be bought by money as Simon thought. The Holy Ghost is the witness of and messenger for the Father and the Son. For an atheist to understand holy writ, tearing down God, his scriptures and other Churches like some atheist's do on this forum is not the way to come unto Christ through holy writ. Revelation is communication from Heavenly Father to His children on earth. As we ask in faith, we can receive revelation upon revelation and knowledge upon knowledge and come to know of the things of God and peaceable things that bring joy and happiness.
The things of God are those matters that can only be known and understood by the power of the Holy Ghost as a person reads holy writ they need to study it out in there mind and pray with real intent of heart and have love, humbleness, respect and reverence. Our prayers for guidance will be only as effective as our efforts to be receptive to the whisperings of the Holy Ghost. There are some who see but do not believe, one needs to be only a bystander to see, but to believe, one must accept wholeheartedly and commit himself to his belief. This requires faith and repentance of old ways. As I stated before I cannot prove God exist, I cannot prove the Bible is true; that is what the Holy Ghost is for, that is his mission, there is no other way.

Acts 8:18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy‍ of the scripture‍ is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy‍ came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spakeas they weremoved‍ by the Holy Ghost.

In my opinion If the scriptures were written by men by the Holy Ghost then men need the same influence to understand them; there is no other way. By the power of the Holy Ghost a person can know and recognize what is truth.

Just a few more passages of scripture to read and ponder about.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust‍ in the Lord‍ with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge‍ him, and he shall direct‍ thy paths. 7 Be not wise‍ in thine own eyes: fear‍ the Lord, and depart from evil.

1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

James 1:5 If‍ any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth‍ to all men‍ liberally, and upbraideth‍ not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask‍ in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God."

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given‍ you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh‍ findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Conclusion: This is on ongoing process, not just a moment.

“If you are lonely, please know you can find comfort. If you are discouraged, please know you can find hope. If you are poor in spirit, please know you can be strengthened. If you feel you are broken, please know you can be mended.”

Jeffrey R. Holland, Created for Greater Things

Source:
Jeffrey R. Holland Quotes (Author of Of Souls, Symbols, and Sacraments)

Domenic

Faulty logic.

One does not have to be false.

The bible and religion agree in many places. SO your claim needs to be substantiated where YOUI think they disagree, so we can look at each instance on a case by case basis.
And they do in many places. Their claim is substantiated, if you can even show that they make that claim.
I think you will run into trouble substantiating that one.
That's would be a good thing being the books were written for people that lived 2000 years ago. No one today should teach certain interpretations.
I think most of your trouble is in how you expect different people to interpret the books.

I can not debate the Bible with you, seeing you have very little knowledge of scriptures. The book of Enoch, the seventh from Adam, and the great grand father of Noah, wrote for those of our time. The teachings of Jesus was for all people, past present, and future. You should sit down with some one who knows the Bible,, and study it before you try to debate it...as is, you just make yourself look like a fool. Please do not take that as an insult, it is not.

Domenic

I agree with you on that one!! I think alot of Christianity is wrong. Alot of false doctrines have crept in, esp. on feelings. Most of the doctrines we see out there do not match the bible.

DITTO.

PS: A lot is not spelled alot.

truthofscripture

I agree with you on that one!! I think alot of Christianity is wrong. Alot of false doctrines have crept in, esp. on feelings. Most of the doctrines we see out there do not match the bible.
The scriptures indicate that ALL religions created by man are false. There is only one belief that the Bible agrees with, and it is what Jesus taught. He called it the "one true faith". Everything else is false.

truthofscripture

Faulty logic.

One does not have to be false.

The bible and religion agree in many places. SO your claim needs to be substantiated where YOUI think they disagree, so we can look at each instance on a case by case basis.

And they do in many places. Their claim is substantiated, if you can even show that they make that claim.

I think you will run into trouble substantiating that one.

That's would be a good thing being the books were written for people that lived 2000 years ago. No one today should teach certain interpretations.

I think most of your trouble is in how you expect different people to interpret the books.
Yep. It's true. You shouldn't debate the Bible having so little knowledge of it.

moorea944

Yep one big hoax, just like the shroud of turin.
Yes, I also think that the shroud of turin is false. I dont think Jesus had long hair for one thing. He wasnt good looking, tall and handsome. Paul says that man should not have long hair. So why would he have long hair. Isaiah 53 gives us a small glimpse of what he will look like. I think the church art that we see at the malls or stores are so wrong. They paint a Jesus that is good looking, tall above everyone, someone that would stand out in a crowd. White skin, long flowing brown hair, blue eyes. And people really fall for that too. Sad.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Yes, I also think that the shroud of turin is false. I dont think Jesus had long hair for one thing. He wasnt good looking, tall and handsome. Paul says that man should not have long hair. So why would he have long hair. Isaiah 53 gives us a small glimpse of what he will look like. I think the church art that we see at the malls or stores are so wrong. They paint a Jesus that is good looking, tall above everyone, someone that would stand out in a crowd. White skin, long flowing brown hair, blue eyes. And people really fall for that too. Sad.
Yea Jesus has become a very big idol, myself I don't even think he existed.