• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible is gay

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I'm not saying the average gay person is like this, but some do indeed have an aversion for the other gender. I don't mean a hatred, but they sometimes think the other gender is gross. The God of the Bible falls into that category. At least his words and behavior does.

"Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak to the children of Israel, saying: 'If a woman has conceived, and borne a male child, then she shall be unclean seven days; as in the days of her customary impurity she shall be unclean. And on the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. She shall then continue in the blood of her purification thirty-three days. She shall not touch any hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary until the days of her purification are fulfilled. 'But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her customary impurity, and she shall continue in the blood of her purification sixty-six days." (Leviticus 12:1-5)

"'When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. Leviticus 15:19

God had 12 tribes of Israel named after guys. The law of Moses is named after a guy. God is referred to as the "God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob" (no female names). The covenant with Abraham involved leaving a mark on everyone's penis. Jesus, the Christian Messiah was male and he chose only male apostles and he fed his "body and blood" to a table full of guys at the last supper. He became one flesh with men and preferred to hang out with guys. He never had a girlfriend.

The Levitical priesthood was all male. Only a guy could enter the Holy of Holies. The greatest Prophets like Moses, Elijah, Elisha, Jonah, Samuel, Jeremiah, Isaiah, King David, Solomon, Abraham, and beyond, were all men.

"Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)
"Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression." (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

The minor miracle of Queen Esther,( which barely qualifies as a miracle from a scientific standpoint), is the closest thing I can think of to an exception to the rule regarding non-male sign and wonder workers.

One thing that I just don’t dig about Protestantism is all prayers are to a Father, son, and Holy Spirit. Two are male figures and the Holy Spirit doesn’t have a gender per say, but is the Spirit of a guy (so kind of does).

The Catholics pray billions of hail Mary’s throughout the world each day and refer to the “Mother of God” as the Queen of Heaven, and venerates countless thousands of female heroes or Saints. That appeals to me more than just praying to dudes all the time. Granted, I know the Catholic Church keeps the tradition of an all male priesthood, (which it got from the Bible). I’m sure if Jesus didn’t choose 12 male Apostles and the Old Testament priesthood wasn’t all male, the Church wouldn’t do that.

God chose only men to write "his book". God didn’t have to abide by the Patriarchal society of the times. God did all kinds of stuff that was countercultural at the time, so if he didn’t have such feelings for guys, he could have just as easily chosen women. Especially if he found them beautiful. In fact, it would have made more sense if he was really for women’s equality.

The Biblical bromance between God and men is not even subtle. The good news is, the Bible probably isn’t even true. You can love God and worship God almost unceasingly without believing in the Bible. I’m walking proof of that.

Let’s get with the 21st century. The Bible is holding us back. For those of us who are for women’s equality, we should recognize blatant misogyny when we see it, and realize that there is no guarantee that an ancient text (that says Noah lived over 900 years and had a big enough boat to fit all those animals and enough food to feed them) is true. We have little reason to believe that a man spent three days in the belly of a whale and survived. We have little reason to believe the red sea parted.

We have very little basis for following something so far-fetched it sounds like a fairy tale. Granted, not all the Bible is bad. There is truth there. It’s just some of the truth is mixed with fairy tales is all. A book so far-fetched should not be our basis for promoting misogyny.

I just feel like praying to a Father figure all the time (or Jesus) becoming one flesh with only them, and having intimacy only with male Supernatural entities has a gay feel and fashion to it that just isn't my style. To each their own, just don't abide by the aversion for females that the Bible promotes.

Do you have a contribution to this topic?

STOP! Get help! Or at least, learn to consider carefully ONE topic at a time, then have a thread that runs for a few days while people debate and contribute, then consider some more. Coming up with a "Bible problem of the day" is not only disrespectful to us as believers, and bad for your brain and soul, but shows you don't really want to read our responses to your concepts.

Faithofchristian

I'm not saying the average gay person is like this, but some do indeed have an aversion for the other gender. I don't mean a hatred, but they sometimes think the other gender is gross. The God of the Bible falls into that category. At least his words and behavior does.

"Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak to the children of Israel, saying: 'If a woman has conceived, and borne a male child, then she shall be unclean seven days; as in the days of her customary impurity she shall be unclean. And on the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. She shall then continue in the blood of her purification thirty-three days. She shall not touch any hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary until the days of her purification are fulfilled. 'But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her customary impurity, and she shall continue in the blood of her purification sixty-six days." (Leviticus 12:1-5)

"'When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. Leviticus 15:19

God had 12 tribes of Israel named after guys. The law of Moses is named after a guy. God is referred to as the "God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob" (no female names). The covenant with Abraham involved leaving a mark on everyone's penis. Jesus, the Christian Messiah was male and he chose only male apostles and he fed his "body and blood" to a table full of guys at the last supper. He became one flesh with men and preferred to hang out with guys. He never had a girlfriend.

The Levitical priesthood was all male. Only a guy could enter the Holy of Holies. The greatest Prophets like Moses, Elijah, Elisha, Jonah, Samuel, Jeremiah, Isaiah, King David, Solomon, Abraham, and beyond, were all men.

"Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)
"Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression." (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

The minor miracle of Queen Esther,( which barely qualifies as a miracle from a scientific standpoint), is the closest thing I can think of to an exception to the rule regarding non-male sign and wonder workers.

One thing that I just don’t dig about Protestantism is all prayers are to a Father, son, and Holy Spirit. Two are male figures and the Holy Spirit doesn’t have a gender per say, but is the Spirit of a guy (so kind of does).

The Catholics pray billions of hail Mary’s throughout the world each day and refer to the “Mother of God” as the Queen of Heaven, and venerates countless thousands of female heroes or Saints. That appeals to me more than just praying to dudes all the time. Granted, I know the Catholic Church keeps the tradition of an all male priesthood, (which it got from the Bible). I’m sure if Jesus didn’t choose 12 male Apostles and the Old Testament priesthood wasn’t all male, the Church wouldn’t do that.

God chose only men to write "his book". God didn’t have to abide by the Patriarchal society of the times. God did all kinds of stuff that was countercultural at the time, so if he didn’t have such feelings for guys, he could have just as easily chosen women. Especially if he found them beautiful. In fact, it would have made more sense if he was really for women’s equality.

The Biblical bromance between God and men is not even subtle. The good news is, the Bible probably isn’t even true. You can love God and worship God almost unceasingly without believing in the Bible. I’m walking proof of that.

Let’s get with the 21st century. The Bible is holding us back. For those of us who are for women’s equality, we should recognize blatant misogyny when we see it, and realize that there is no guarantee that an ancient text (that says Noah lived over 900 years and had a big enough boat to fit all those animals and enough food to feed them) is true. We have little reason to believe that a man spent three days in the belly of a whale and survived. We have little reason to believe the red sea parted.

We have very little basis for following something so far-fetched it sounds like a fairy tale. Granted, not all the Bible is bad. There is truth there. It’s just some of the truth is mixed with fairy tales is all. A book so far-fetched should not be our basis for promoting misogyny.

I just feel like praying to a Father figure all the time (or Jesus) becoming one flesh with only them, and having intimacy only with male Supernatural entities has a gay feel and fashion to it that just isn't my style. To each their own, just don't abide by the aversion for females that the Bible promotes.

My contribution to this topic, is how and by what do you come by the bible as being aversion towards females?

Let's take that of 1 Corinthians 14:34-35---
--" Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law"

35-- "And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church"

Now what exactly does Paul mean by this
( Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak)

Let's take the word ( speak) The proper Greek translation would be ( for it is not permitted unto them to chatter) with other women, while in church services.

People this is probably hard to keep in mind, But many words such as this got lost in the translation of words.
But those people back 300 years ago,
They did the best they could with what limited tools they had back at that time. to Translate the Greek and Hebrew languages into English.

If you were ask to translate the German language into English, How would you go about this. Remember those people did not have librarys or the Internet.to help them in their translations.
So those people back there, did the best they could with what limited tools they had. In their translations of the Greek and Hebrew languages into English.

So not all of the bible should be taken literally.that some words got lost in translation.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

While I believe that misogyny needs to be actively resisted, and while I know there are many people who abuse the biblical texts in order to support misogyny, the premise of your argument is weak to the point of absurdity and does not help the cause, plus it puts the LGBTQ community in a bad light.

The texts you cited are the way they are, not because of homosexuality, but because of patriarchy. Let’s at least name the monster correctly before we begin to tilt at windmills. That Quixotic stance is a straw man. The patriarchy present in the texts also needs to be actively resisted, for it is the patriarchy that leads to misogyny. And, while there is much patriarchy in the texts, it is balanced by the lifting of the female in several cases — especially in the NT.

Your last paragraph is interesting, because the Bible does refer to God with female imagery many times. God is not just “our father.” God also gathers God’s people as a hen gathers her chicks.

sojourner

One of my interests in reforming my religion is to reintroduce the feminine into our notion of God.
You need to read closer. There is female imagery for God in the Bible, and the female is lifted up at times — especially in the NT.

sojourner

God doesn't take their homosexuality away from them, because God wants them to be gay.
I don’t think God gives a fig how we’re sexually oriented. When people pray to be made straight, the answer is probably something more like, “You are who you are. Get over it.”

The poor man Lazarus was taken to "Abraham's bosom." That seems gay to me, because I'm sure there are nicer female bosoms in heaven that the poor man could go to.
This is just puerile nonsense.

Your wrong about God wanting them to be gay
I think people are created with their particular orientation.

sojourner

I do know that the Bible is true and without error.
Oh? How? Where is the empirical proof of inerrancy? If you don’t have that, you don’t “know” — you believe.

And people who say God maid them that way. No he did not.
And you know this because......?

I know that the bible is true
No you don’t. You may believe it to be true, but you don’t know it to be true.
There was debate for centuries over what was the correct Bible Canon.
Still is...

sojourner

I have no doubt the original manuscripts had no errors
1) “original” manuscripts? Which ones would those be? The preponderance of the texts were orally transmitted long before being written down.

I know everything that the bible says and all of it is true
So, the sky is a rigid dome with the sun and moon fixed upon it? There was a mass migration of Hebrews into Canaan? David’s army was really that large? Science and the archaeological record disagree with you.

God distroy sodam and gamora. That is prof God don't like people who are gay
No, it’s proof that they were inhospitable.

God gave them a chance to change but they did not that is why it was distroy
Correct. They remained inhospitable.

sojourner

The Catholic Church did not even exist initially when the first Christians and early churches were already circulating the letters and writings which make up the Bible. Once the Catholic church came into power it did try to hold a monopoly on the Bible, but the it did not decide the canon of scripture. The scriptures were inspired by God as He directed humans to write it and it is God through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit who has decided which writings compose His Word as it is God who has preserved the scriptures through history
The “original” churches coalesced into basically two bodies: the Roman Church and the Eastern Church. Both met to set the canon.

I never said there were Protestants earlier. I said there were early Christians and early churches that were simply that: Christians, not Catholics, not Protestants and these Christians and churches had the scriptures before the Catholic church existed
They also had other texts that they lost.

God will punish gay people.and send them to hell
Entitled, pietistic nonsense.

It says in the bible it's obamanation
I thought the USA was the “Obama nation” until that idiot Trump infested the White House...
God created you in his own image he did not make people to become gay.
Apparently, then, “gay” is part of God’s image.

sojourner

The act is an unnatural misuse of the reproductive organs.....its not the people who are an abomination....its what they do. OK?
I call bull spit. It’s not a “misuse of reproductive organs.” Making babies with someone other than your spouse is a misuse of sexual organs. The act is a healthy expression of one’s sexuality.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-21_17-55-46.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-21_17-55-46.jpeg
    3.2 KB · Views: 0

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
God did not say I prefer men. Accusing God of being gay is wrong. I have been reading the bible. And people who say God maid them that way. No he did not.

So, they must have chosen.

Did you choose to be heterosexual?

Ciao

- viole

Spiderman

Veteran Member
STOP! Get help! Or at least, learn to consider carefully ONE topic at a time, then have a thread that runs for a few days while people debate and contribute, then consider some more. Coming up with a "Bible problem of the day" is not only disrespectful to us as believers, and bad for your brain and soul, but shows you don't really want to read our responses to your concepts.
I was giving my opinion.
When I read the Bible, there seems to be a gay feeling to it all.

Almost all of the heroes are men. And God is repeatedly referred to as a father even in the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray, begins "Our Father."

So God is a male in how the Bible usually refers to him. And God chooses men to do almost everything that is a sign or wonder. All of the authors of scripture were men.

There are many verses that indicate God has an aversion for women.

In my opinion, he favors men over women to such an extent that it seems like there's something gay going on.

I would rather not bash anybody's faith, but when they are using a book that appears dangerous to me, I feel it is my responsibility to point some things out.

Musicfan

Yes it is. You can all think that. But I'm right.being gay is a really bad sin. So if you want to be that then you will never see light of day.

sojourner

My contribution to this topic, is how and by what do you come by the bible as being aversion towards females?

Let's take that of 1 Corinthians 14:34-35---
--" Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law"

35-- "And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church"

Now what exactly does Paul mean by this
( Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak)

Let's take the word ( speak) The proper Greek translation would be ( for it is not permitted unto them to chatter) with other women, while in church services.

People this is probably hard to keep in mind, But many words such as this got lost in the translation of words.
But those people back 300 years ago,
They did the best they could with what limited tools they had back at that time. to Translate the Greek and Hebrew languages into English.

If you were ask to translate the German language into English, How would you go about this. Remember those people did not have librarys or the Internet.to help them in their translations.
So those people back there, did the best they could with what limited tools they had. In their translations of the Greek and Hebrew languages into English.

So not all of the bible should be taken literally.that some words got lost in translation.
It’s not really the translation that’s wholly responsible; it’s also context. “Don’t talk during the sermon, swapping gossip” in the culture of the writer is far different from today’s women not being allowed to preach, teach, or speak their minds.