• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible is gay

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm not saying the average gay person is like this, but some do indeed have an aversion for the other gender. I don't mean a hatred, but they sometimes think the other gender is gross. The God of the Bible falls into that category. At least his words and behavior does.

"Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak to the children of Israel, saying: 'If a woman has conceived, and borne a male child, then she shall be unclean seven days; as in the days of her customary impurity she shall be unclean. And on the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. She shall then continue in the blood of her purification thirty-three days. She shall not touch any hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary until the days of her purification are fulfilled. 'But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her customary impurity, and she shall continue in the blood of her purification sixty-six days." (Leviticus 12:1-5)

"'When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. Leviticus 15:19

God had 12 tribes of Israel named after guys. The law of Moses is named after a guy. God is referred to as the "God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob" (no female names). The covenant with Abraham involved leaving a mark on everyone's penis. Jesus, the Christian Messiah was male and he chose only male apostles and he fed his "body and blood" to a table full of guys at the last supper. He became one flesh with men and preferred to hang out with guys. He never had a girlfriend.

The Levitical priesthood was all male. Only a guy could enter the Holy of Holies. The greatest Prophets like Moses, Elijah, Elisha, Jonah, Samuel, Jeremiah, Isaiah, King David, Solomon, Abraham, and beyond, were all men.

"Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)
"Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression." (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

The minor miracle of Queen Esther,( which barely qualifies as a miracle from a scientific standpoint), is the closest thing I can think of to an exception to the rule regarding non-male sign and wonder workers.

One thing that I just don’t dig about Protestantism is all prayers are to a Father, son, and Holy Spirit. Two are male figures and the Holy Spirit doesn’t have a gender per say, but is the Spirit of a guy (so kind of does).

The Catholics pray billions of hail Mary’s throughout the world each day and refer to the “Mother of God” as the Queen of Heaven, and venerates countless thousands of female heroes or Saints. That appeals to me more than just praying to dudes all the time. Granted, I know the Catholic Church keeps the tradition of an all male priesthood, (which it got from the Bible). I’m sure if Jesus didn’t choose 12 male Apostles and the Old Testament priesthood wasn’t all male, the Church wouldn’t do that.

God chose only men to write "his book". God didn’t have to abide by the Patriarchal society of the times. God did all kinds of stuff that was countercultural at the time, so if he didn’t have such feelings for guys, he could have just as easily chosen women. Especially if he found them beautiful. In fact, it would have made more sense if he was really for women’s equality.

The Biblical bromance between God and men is not even subtle. The good news is, the Bible probably isn’t even true. You can love God and worship God almost unceasingly without believing in the Bible. I’m walking proof of that.

Let’s get with the 21st century. The Bible is holding us back. For those of us who are for women’s equality, we should recognize blatant misogyny when we see it, and realize that there is no guarantee that an ancient text (that says Noah lived over 900 years and had a big enough boat to fit all those animals and enough food to feed them) is true. We have little reason to believe that a man spent three days in the belly of a whale and survived. We have little reason to believe the red sea parted.

We have very little basis for following something so far-fetched it sounds like a fairy tale. Granted, not all the Bible is bad. There is truth there. It’s just some of the truth is mixed with fairy tales is all. A book so far-fetched should not be our basis for promoting misogyny.

I just feel like praying to a Father figure all the time (or Jesus) becoming one flesh with only them, and having intimacy only with male Supernatural entities has a gay feel and fashion to it that just isn't my style. To each their own, just don't abide by the aversion for females that the Bible promotes.

Do you have a contribution to this topic?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Once again, I'm not saying most gay people are like that. I'm not saying being gay is positive or negative. That is not for me to make a judgment on one way or the other.

What I'm saying, is a person who wants to hang out with (and have intimacy with) those of the same gender all the time, and has an aversion for women, and puts a sign of a covenant on everyone's penis, and chooses only men to write his book, chooses to only have a son and not a daughter, and using terms like "impurities" regarding female bodily functions, has a gay feeling and fashion to it.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
All I'm saying, is I believe God wants us to get with the times, and stop letting an ancient text hold us back.

Why follow a book that tells you what your conscience says is wrong? You don't know the book is without error.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The bible is not g
I'm saying we should not be promoting dangerous misogyny.

This is not the age for that. And yes, many gay people do have aversions for the other gender, and prefer the company of people with the same gender. By aversion, I don't mean hatred.

I'm not saying most gays are like that.

I'm simply pointing out that there is a percentage of gay people who have views that remind me of God (according to the Bible). Those views have an intrinsically homosexual field to them.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I believe Abraham, Moses, the 12 tribes of Israel, King David, and Jesus actually existed.

I believe in one God that created heaven and earth.

I think a lot of stories were passed on verbally and then got written down which are simply not true.

God simply does not guide his people from error, so I think it's foolish to assume that the authors of scripture penned it without error.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
How would you know that being gay is right?
I don't know if it's right or wrong.

A lot of gay people ask God for the grace to be heterosexual. I have met some of them.

God doesn't take their homosexuality away from them, because God wants them to be gay.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If I found men attractive, I would want to surround myself with men and choose male apostles , if I indeed had the ability to work miracles.

The poor man Lazarus was taken to "Abraham's bosom." That seems gay to me, because I'm sure there are nicer female bosoms in heaven that the poor man could go to.

sealchan

I'm not saying the average gay person is like this, but some do indeed have an aversion for the other gender. I don't mean a hatred, but they sometimes think the other gender is gross. The God of the Bible falls into that category. At least his words and behavior does.

"Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak to the children of Israel, saying: 'If a woman has conceived, and borne a male child, then she shall be unclean seven days; as in the days of her customary impurity she shall be unclean. And on the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. She shall then continue in the blood of her purification thirty-three days. She shall not touch any hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary until the days of her purification are fulfilled. 'But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her customary impurity, and she shall continue in the blood of her purification sixty-six days." (Leviticus 12:1-5)

"'When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. Leviticus 15:19

God had 12 tribes of Israel named after guys. The law of Moses is named after a guy. God is referred to as the "God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob" (no female names). The covenant with Abraham involved leaving a mark on everyone's penis. Jesus, the Christian Messiah was male and he chose only male apostles and he fed his "body and blood" to a table full of guys at the last supper. He became one flesh with men and preferred to hang out with guys. He never had a girlfriend.

The Levitical priesthood was all male. Only a guy could enter the Holy of Holies. The greatest Prophets like Moses, Elijah, Elisha, Jonah, Samuel, Jeremiah, Isaiah, King David, Solomon, Abraham, and beyond, were all men.

"Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)
"Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression." (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

The minor miracle of Queen Esther,( which barely qualifies as a miracle from a scientific standpoint), is the closest thing I can think of to an exception to the rule regarding non-male sign and wonder workers.

One thing that I just don’t dig about Protestantism is all prayers are to a Father, son, and Holy Spirit. Two are male figures and the Holy Spirit doesn’t have a gender per say, but is the Spirit of a guy (so kind of does).

The Catholics pray billions of hail Mary’s throughout the world each day and refer to the “Mother of God” as the Queen of Heaven, and venerates countless thousands of female heroes or Saints. That appeals to me more than just praying to dudes all the time. Granted, I know the Catholic Church keeps the tradition of an all male priesthood, (which it got from the Bible). I’m sure if Jesus didn’t choose 12 male Apostles and the Old Testament priesthood wasn’t all male, the Church wouldn’t do that.

God chose only men to write "his book". God didn’t have to abide by the Patriarchal society of the times. God did all kinds of stuff that was countercultural at the time, so if he didn’t have such feelings for guys, he could have just as easily chosen women. Especially if he found them beautiful. In fact, it would have made more sense if he was really for women’s equality.

The Biblical bromance between God and men is not even subtle. The good news is, the Bible probably isn’t even true. You can love God and worship God almost unceasingly without believing in the Bible. I’m walking proof of that.

Let’s get with the 21st century. The Bible is holding us back. For those of us who are for women’s equality, we should recognize blatant misogyny when we see it, and realize that there is no guarantee that an ancient text (that says Noah lived over 900 years and had a big enough boat to fit all those animals and enough food to feed them) is true. We have little reason to believe that a man spent three days in the belly of a whale and survived. We have little reason to believe the red sea parted.

We have very little basis for following something so far-fetched it sounds like a fairy tale. Granted, not all the Bible is bad. There is truth there. It’s just some of the truth is mixed with fairy tales is all. A book so far-fetched should not be our basis for promoting misogyny.

I just feel like praying to a Father figure all the time (or Jesus) becoming one flesh with only them, and having intimacy only with male Supernatural entities has a gay feel and fashion to it that just isn't my style. To each their own, just don't abide by the aversion for females that the Bible promotes.

Do you have a contribution to this topic?

Thank you for this.

I believe that many of the stories in the Bible originated from polytheistic cultures and included gods and goddesses. In the process of adapting the stories in the Bible to the author's culture they created a story about a single God of a patriarchy and as such was a Father in Heaven.

My studies of myth are helping me to see how the Bible stories have surgically removed and sometimes in clever ways the feminine and have actually ridiculed that perspective in also subtle and not so subtle ways.

One of my interests in reforming my religion is to reintroduce the feminine into our notion of God.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
That with which you are preoccupied is that by which you are known.
And why am I supposed to care?

I'm assuming I'm hetrosexual because I only fantasize about women and do not find men attractive.

I've only had sex with women, granted they were not attractive, and I have no desire to nor have I ever had sex with a male.

I'm done having sex after being treated for two STDs. If I find a good looking lady that wants anything to do with me, I'll reconsider my commitment to celibacy.

The women I come onto don't want me in return usually, and the good-looking women I have as friends are few, and I don't want to put them in a position where they think to themselves that they have to turn a guy down because he's poor and has issues, so I stay in the Friendship zone.

If that makes me gay, then guilty as charged!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Thank you for this.

I believe that many of the stories in the Bible originated from polytheistic cultures and included gods and goddesses. In the process of adapting the stories in the Bible to the author's culture they created a story about a single God of a patriarchy and as such was a Father in Heaven.

My studies of myth are helping me to see how the Bible stories have surgically removed and sometimes in clever ways the feminine and have actually ridiculed that perspective in also subtle and not so subtle ways.

One of my interests in reforming my religion is to reintroduce the feminine into our notion of God.
Excellent post! Spirituality without female devotion is just gross to me. Not to mention dull and boring.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Your wrong about God wanting them to be gay
They don't choose to be gay. God could give them the grace to be attracted to members of the opposite gender.

God refuses, therefore he wants them to be gay.

You don't give explanations for what you say. Are you done trolling?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I didn't mean for this thread to be an insult to gays.

I'm simply saying there is a percentage of gay people that have an aversion for the other gender.

Bible God has the appearance of fitting into that category.