• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible declares that Jesus is God

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm sorry, but none of those refute what I believe to be certainty. Maybe they do for you, but not for me!

We know that we are not going to convince each other. As long as you stick to saying 'I believe' rather than insist scripture and reason point in your direction.

kjw47

Since there are around 300 Christian denominations and thousands of independent churches, I beg to differ.

And that is something that a great many people in all the major religions and many secular institutions do, and it's the course my family and I try to follow.

I'm not polytheistic.

War shows who is who and which spirit leads the mortal heart. Jesus gets thrown away--every war--but by--the FEW who know him.

kjw47

Next paragraph, no mention of a vision.

Exodus 24:12-14 (ESV Strong's) The Lord said to Moses, “Come up to me on the mountain and wait there, that I may give you the tablets of stone, with the law and the commandment, which I have written for their instruction.” 13 So Moses rose with his assistant Joshua, and Moses went up into the mountain of God. 14 And he said to the elders, “Wait here for us until we return to you. And behold, Aaron and Hur are with you. Whoever has a dispute, let him go to them.”

Verse 11-- they saw a vision.

kjw47

Except when someone doesn't agree with your false teachings, right?

According to your videos on your broadcasting site, if someones child is disfellowshipped, the parents won't even answer their phone calls. How does that tie in with, "If your enemy is hungry-feed him, if thirsty-give him a drink"?

Worldly enemies--the worldly don't have a clue-- one who was baptized knows he is directly standing in opposition. The bible says--don't even share a meal with one like that. So there is a difference. Both are enemies persay---but one who knew truth and promised God in his heart to serve him always at baptism becomes something very detestable to God when they turn. The rest reside in darkness and could be helped, the others could repent as well. --in the ot--he had them killed--is that what you would choose for your family member???

kjw47

Please enlighten us as to what the witnesses did to stop any of it! Since they were not to be 'part of the world', what did they do? I don't recall any history book that praised the witnesses for standing up for the Afro Americans who were enslaved. But I do recall Christians coming to their aid.

What say you about that?

It was supposed Christians who enslaved them to start with .teachers of darkness lead them, they still do. The JW,s weren't around then. The followers of Christ do this---Vengeance is mine said the Lord--those who take vengeance for themselves do it for pride out of a haughty heart.
The members of the same religions--stood on both sides of the civil war--blowing each others heads off because the leaders live by darkness. Jesus would never allow it its pure contradiction of what he taught us--LOVE,PEACE, unity--he didn't say--unless a govt tells you different.--there is 0 love, peace, unity in a war of hatred.

kjw47

Let’s see how that works:

Example 1:

Bob and Harry are sitting on the steps one night, reading a Watchtower and Awake magazine that kjw left for them the morning before. Bob reads that “correction to error = repentance” and wonders how he might put this to action when they spy Johnny walking up the street. “Hey Johnny”, Bob yells “Barbara was looking for you at the show. She’s in the second row. I think if you purchase a ticket you can still meet her there”.

Johnny is enrolled in special classes and he is not the smartest boy in school, but he has a big heart and a crush on Barbara. So he runs to the show and spends his last few dollars to buy a ticket. When he gets to the second row he sees Barbara with David, both enjoying the show on their date.

Johnny's eyes get a bit watery, but then he angrily heads back toward Bob. ‘Why did you tell me she was waiting for me when she wasn’t?” he asks bitterly.

“Oh, you’re right”, Bob replies,"she didn't ask for you. But look at it this way…those 20 minutes it took you to get the theater were probably the happiest of your miserable life."

This makes Johnny angrier but Harry admonishes him. “Bob clearly repented by correcting his error. I don’t understand why you would be angry with him”. With this, Harry shows "correction to error = repentance" from his latest, straight of the press Watchtower and compliments Bob on being repentant.

Can you honestly tell us that Harry is right and that Bob has repented? Or it would it be more correct to surmise they preyed on Johnny’s gullibility?

Not realistic. He was not repentant by what he did. False reasoning of the mortal heart-Jer 17:9)

djhwoodwerks

It was supposed Christians who enslaved them to start with .teachers of darkness lead them, they still do. The JW,s weren't around then.

Oh that's right, God didn't care about the world then, did He? From the last Apostle until 1919, God didn't care what happened, did He?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
War shows who is who and which spirit leads the mortal heart. Jesus gets thrown away--every war--but by--the FEW who know him.
Let's say you have a child that is in danger of being killed by an intruder, and the only way to stop this is through the use of force, including possibly deadly force, would you do it or just let your child be murdered?

Secondly, Torah and Tanakh state that we have an obligation to try and defend the helpless, and I assume Jesus well knew this. So, I guess I have to ask whether Jesus would ignore the Law as found in Torah that was given by God according to the Torah itself? Why would God supposedly change His mind?

I think that Jesus general direction on this was to encourage us to try and be more peaceful, not to abandon those who may need our help. I also think that it's likely that Jesus' words of peace may well have been especially aimed at the Zealots who were willing to kill Romans in order to try and liberate Israel.

The early church well knew that this was not a simple issue to deal with, and at the end of the second century it allowed its adherents to work at policing, but short of being involved in war.

There's a difference between being a minority group versus a majority group, so when Christianity became the norm in parts of Europe starting in the 4th century, some roles changed, and this was one of them. IOW, the conditions of "the Way" when Jesus and the apostles were alive was quite different than what was to occur later when Christians became a dominant force that now was in control. Thus the church struggled with this, eventually settling on what became know as the "just-war theory": Just war theory - Wikipedia
Was it a right decision? I struggled with this question a lot, especially since I consider Gandhi to be my main mentor, and I concluded that it was-- but with much hesitation.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I found it easy to understand.

I am an eternal spirit being while still in living a flesh that is will die. I am a spiritually alive being yet still fighting a dead flesh. Two parts and yet with different destinies. Or a prince yet still under tutors and under the dominion of others yet still going to be King over them all.

Sometimes we are the ones complicating it.

You mean like introducing spirits, for which there is no evidence?

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I know that the problem exists within you but God resolved your supposed problem perfectly.

It is not within me. I don't believe in any of that, so I will not lose my sleep over it. It is within the article, if I understood that sentence on the abstract correctly.

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I beg to differ. There is as much evidence of a spirit as there is evidence of a soul.

Apart from spirits like Vodka, I am not aware of any.

Where is it? Neurobiologists seem to be as unaware as myself.

Ciao

- viole

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Jesus is clearly a demi-god. In nearly all mythical traditions, when a god knocks up a mortal women, the resulting offspring is referred to as a demi-god (or its equivalent).

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Apart from spirits like Vodka, I am not aware of any.

Where is it? Neurobiologists seem to be as unaware as myself.

Ciao

- viole
You are welcome to your viewpoint... I used to stare at a Tom Collins and didn't find anything spiritual... I have since learned to look to a different source.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
You are welcome to your viewpoint... I used to stare at a Tom Collins and didn't find anything spiritual... I have since learned to look to a different source.

So, your evidence for spirits and souls is .....???

Ciao

- viole

kjw47

Oh that's right, God didn't care about the world then, did He? From the last Apostle until 1919, God didn't care what happened, did He?

God did care--All who lived prior to these last days--have died and paid the wages of sin--they are promised a chance in the resurrection. The bible was there-- even though corrupted by men--milk could be understood--the ten commandments could be understood. So one could learn some truth and apply it.