• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks to Democrats, American pride plumbs historic low ahead of the July 4 holiday, new poll finds

Shad

Veteran Member
I am sorry you believe that it is "misplacing the symbol," but that does not change the fact that the person is also a symbol.

Misplaced symbolize is not my problem.

Nah, you are just in denial about your definition's irrelevance.

Nope. Try again. Consider also what lying is.

The definition of acting has no bearing, this has already been explained.

Wrong one can act like they are something they are not. Heard of movies?

No i did not. Quote me.

That they are elected does not entail that they are not undeserving.

Not sure what you are going off about and how you think I was fooled?

And you go right on thinking that as well.

There are no bad faith arguments here.

Wrong as you won't look at the poll yet treat it as fact while I have rejected the axiom.

No, I am not defending the poll, this has been explained. I am however assuming the truth of the poll in this discussion.

Which I do not accept. See above.

No i merely suggested that lacking integrity, class, and dignity ought to be disqualifying. I can't help it if you strawman doesn't fit.

Unconstitutional

Lol, perhaps you exposed your poor comprehension.

Nope. I quoted your blunder. Try again.

What? No, you have missed the point.

Nope. You are changing what you said after I exposed your poor logic. Try again.

Or you are pointing out your sloppy comprehension.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Heard from who? Anyone who knows him any better than you do?
It's called appealing to wedge issues and single issue voters. Trump can behave as he pleases, so long as he pays lip service to curtailing abortion, he (or at least, his handlers) know that this alone is sufficient to secure him millions of votes. If you think Trump personally has any opposition to abortion, I think you've been played. His crazy inaccurate descriptions of abortion procedures alone indicate he has little direct interest in the matter.

An advantage to being a Christian is the desire/ability to read/hear from Christians in the inner circle, since atheists are unwelcome by this and most other White House residents.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Herr Trump went after two major voter blocks: The Ultra-Religious and the Dissafected Under Educated lower middle class. Those two groups are not mutually exclusive.

Bringing on Pence and promising anti-abortion judges got the first crowd. Xenophobia ensured votes from the second group.

What's hard to understand?

You're right! It's all a giant scam, even SCOTUS appointments, to win the base. Thank God Roe v. Wade will be gone, regardless. Good news, yes?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I was referring to things like calling you ignorant or calling you stupid or making fun of your disabilities or calling you little something or other. I know you got that.

Nice try at deflection even though it failed.

I don't understand your meaning here.

Bob the Unbeliever

You're right! It's all a giant scam, even SCOTUS appointments, to win the base. Thank God Roe v. Wade will be gone, regardless. Good news, yes?

So you are A-OKAY with forcing baby girls to carry their rape-babies to term?

Or worse-- forcing women to carry DEAD FETUSES to "term" which will likely kill them?

Wow.... you have no empathy of any sort...

Curious George

Veteran Member
Misplaced symbolize is not my problem.
I didn't realize you were the symbol police and get to choose who and what is and is not considered a symbol by people.

Nope. Try again. Consider also what lying is.
Lying is being untruthful or withholding the truth with intent to deceive.

Wrong one can act like they are something they are not. Heard of movies?
Sure one can act like something they are not, this isn't in dispute. What exactly do you think the relevance of "acting" is here?

That they are elected does not entail that they are not undeserving.

Not sure what you are going off about and how you think I was fooled?

And you go right on thinking that as well.
Was this supposed to be you quoting me?

Wrong as you won't look at the poll yet treat it as fact while I have rejected the axiom.
What axiom? There is no axiom here. There is an OP. If you want to argue about whether the OP is true or not that is fine, do that with the OP

Which I do not accept. See above.
Great, take the truth of the OP up with the OP.

Unconstitutional
Lol, actually it is plenty constitutional. But i would love to hear your argument on why you think it is unconstitutional.

No, you quoted me and applied a strawman. That is either your blunder of failure to comprehend.

Nope. You are changing what you said after I exposed your poor logic. Try again.
No, nothing has changed.

That you think so only further highlights your comprehension issue.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Googling your "Luther's Nuremberg Laws" brings up...
Berlin exhibit highlights how the Nazis exploited Martin Luther’s legacy"
Which is what I said:
Another very charismatic leader, Adolph Hitler, with help from the writings of Protestant Martin Luther, told the good German Christians that God hated Jews and they believed him.​

More apologetics nonsense. Hitler believed in the same God Luther believed in. Show me evidence for your assertion.

Seriously?!? Two-thirds of Germans were Catholics, one-third Protestants.
But, again, I'm sure you have something to back up that assertion too.
I studied the Holocaust in Poland and Israel, plus I taught a three-week unit on the subject that included historical information on Hitler and also what was uncovered at the end of WWII in regards to the NAZI's future plans. I also was just near finishing my training as a dossin at the Holocaust Memorial Center when I sustained a rather serious neck injury that has left my left arm and hand partially paralyzed and whihc stopped me from being a guide there.

I have neither them time nor the interest to continue this conversation with you as you seem to be more intent on childish head-butting than having an adult discussion, so you can go ahead and belief whatever you want as far as I'm concerned, and this will be our last conversation.

ecco

Veteran Member
Herr Trump went after two major voter blocks: The Ultra-Religious and the Dissafected Under Educated lower middle class. Those two groups are not mutually exclusive.

Bringing on Pence and promising anti-abortion judges got the first crowd. Xenophobia ensured votes from the second group.

What's hard to understand?

I never said it was a scam. Why do you need to mischaracterize what others say?

Why would you thank God that Roe v Wade will be gone? Shouldn't you be thanking Donald Trump?

Oh. One and the same, huh?