• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank God for the Prophet Muhammad!

[youtube]5RnJEMH2exQ[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RnJEMH2exQ

O, the White Moon rising over us,
From the valley of Wada,
And we owe it to show gratefulness
Where the call is to Allah.

O, You who were raised amongst us,
Coming with a Word to be obeyed,
You have brought to the city nobleness
Welcome, Best Caller to God's Way.

I am so thankful to Muhammad the Prophet, may the glory of the Lord be upon His soul. Without Him, we would not have God's beautiful Recitation that speak of God's guidance.

I have always loved this song, praising the Prophet when He first came to the city of Medina. May He always be praised, and may He always be remembered as the Best Servant of God!

When I heard this song after a long time, I cried tears, happy to know that the Lord has brought to us such wonderful Manifestations of His Divine Guidance to humanity, and I just wanted to express that wonder and awe. :)

[youtube]ut2VzQGtOis[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut2VzQGtOis

I loved this song, because this Servant of God helped that old woman, who was so vehemently against Him, and yet this Mysterious Stranger came by and helped her burden and lightened her load... and yet this very Man who she was prejudiced against, was the very Man who aided her!

I always cry with this nasheed... Thank you Lord, for having sent this Prophet of Justice, of Mercy, and of Absolute Submission to You!

Pray: What are the what are the qualities of the manifestations of God?

I concur my brother, the koran is a beautiful book. It makes me want to learn Arabic to learn the rhyme behind it. Mohammad was a great man, no, the best of men! He is my ideal, as I'm sure he is yours as well.

He is the Best Beloved, the Messenger of God, the Prophet, the Most Praised One, the Friend of God, the Servant of God, the Seal of the Prophets, and the Last.

He is the ideal Servant of God, and all should strive to learn of His virtuous and spiritual character! :)

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when He [Muhammad], the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.

He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew it unto you.

All things that the Father hath are Mine: therefore said I, that He shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

A little while, and ye shall not see Me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see Me, because I go to the Father.
"

-- John 16:12-16

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.

You have some of the Greatest thinkers in the world who attest to Muhammad(pbuh) being the most influential and by many definitions the "Greatest" man the Earth has produced. He influenced mankind in a way no one else ever has.

I remember reading the interview with one of the best thinkers who was also a Christian, about his choosing Muhammad(pbuh) as the most influential man. It was Michael H. Hart, and he said in the interview how "difficult it was to put someone above Jesus(pbuh), but I had to go with my complete honesty".

The Orphans, Widows, Poor, Old, Parents have definitly benefited so much from Islam, as in regards to "organization" it donates the most to charity each year because of zakat.

I agree Prophet Muhammad is truly a great Prophet and a man of great character, as stated in the Quran. But I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on calling him the best of the servants or Prophets of God? Does this go against the Quran or not in your opinion?

I agree Prophet Muhammad is truly a great Prophet and a man of great character, as stated in the Quran. But I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on calling him the best of the servants or Prophets of God? Does this go against the Quran or not in your opinion?

To me, it's just how the Qur'an says that He has made some a little better than others in different skills... so although all of the Messengers of God have no differentiation in Their spiritual sense, They still differ with Message.

In any case, I see nothing wrong with praising the Messengers of God. :)

When one obeys the Messenger, one obeys the Message, which is God's Will... and as one hadith says from Muhammad Himself, "Whoever hath seen Me, hath seen the face of God."

To me, it's just how the Qur'an says that He has made some a little better than others in different skills... so although all of the Messengers of God have no differentiation in Their spiritual sense, They still differ with Message.

In any case, I see nothing wrong with praising the Messengers of God. :)

When one obeys the Messenger, one obeys the Message, which is God's Will... and as one hadith says from Muhammad Himself, "Whoever hath seen Me, hath seen the face of God."

Interesting perspective. I think its perfectly acceptable to praise the Messengers as well, I meant upholding Prophet Muhammad in relation to them.

I'm not sure I agree with that hadith.

Oh, I hope you don't mind my asking, but are you Muslim or Baha'i?

Last edited:

arthra

Baha'i
I liked these verses that tell of one Salman who was told by one who announced the glad tidings:

"Happy art thou, for thou shalt behold His face!”.

From the Kitab-i-Iqan revealed by Baha'u'llah:

"Likewise, ere the beauty of Muḥammad was unveiled, the signs of the visible heaven were made manifest. As to the signs of the invisible heaven, there appeared four men who successively announced unto the people the joyful tidings of the rise of that divine Luminary.

"Rúz-bih, later named Salmán, was honoured by being in their service. As the end of one of these approached, he would send Rúz-bih unto the other, until the fourth who, feeling his death to be nigh, addressed Rúz-bih saying:

“O Rúz-bih! when thou hast taken up my body and buried it, go to Ḥijáz for there the Day-star of Muḥammad will arise. Happy art thou, for thou shalt behold His face!”

~ Kitab-i-Iqan p. 65

Bob Dixon

>implying
Music is forbidden in islam... just saying :)

Is the Qur'an not music?
And what about the Psalms? They are confirmed as sacred scripture in the Qur'an. And yet they are songs, musical pieces. And the Bible has many more songs spread throughout it. They're all music.

Is the Qur'an not music?

No, it's actually recitation (a speech) and isn't sung nor is there music in the background.

The Qur'anic arabic just sounds very nice, and it uses a lot of rhetoric and rhythmic techniques to gain the listeners attention.

Here's an example;

youtube.com/watch?v=x1OpLliawRE

Last edited:

Bob Dixon

>implying
No, it's actually recitation (a speech) and isn't sung nor is there music in the background.

The Qur'anic arabic just sounds very nice, and it uses a lot of rhetoric and rhythmic techniques to gain the listeners attention.

Here's an example;

youtube.com/watch?v=x1OpLliawRE

Sounds like music to me.

F0uad

Sounds like music to me.

There are many different views on Music.

I would say that One type of music is allowed and its called Nasheed its a mixture of religious sayings and one instrument that is allowed according to some hadiths (oral-tradition) but this is just my view on it.

Ps: Singing is not forbidden only the music, that explains the Zabur(Psalms) of not being in error also keep in reminder that the Bible is ''corrupted'' according to Islamic view.

Last edited: