• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tennessee sees new step in wave of anti-Trans bills

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe you are referring to the Women's Airforce Service Pilots (WASP) - who were civilian pilots - not military.

They freed up jobs so male pilots could be out fighting.

I was actually referring to the Air Transport Auxiliary.

Do you dispute that these women were an immense help in the war effort?

The United States did. They literally lowered the PT standards for women.

Yes - they literally are.

Oh, they literally are. In what ways, exactly?

I honestly believe that the WASP was great - it really helped the war effort - and I believe that women can - and should - fulfill those types of supporting roles.

Great, so what’s the problem?

However - I do not believe that women belong on the front lines - because - generally speaking - they do not possess as much strength, speed and endurance as men.

I’ve met a few women that could easily kick any man’s a**, in the army or not.

Why should they not able to serve?
I did not "cut out the second half" - I addressed the second half separately - yet it follows immediately after my response to the first half.

If you read my entire post you would have seen that.

If that’s the case, then I apologize. You did cut it in such a way as to remove the context though.

What was said was, "If you are, yes. If someone wants to serve the country and is mentally sound and physically able to that tends to be what matters."

I said in response, "So - what you are saying is - women and transgender individuals shouldn't be in the military?"

Right. And that implies that you think women and transgender individuals are not mentally sound and physically able.

I do not believe that women - in general - are physically able to "do the job" - which is why the standards were lowered to accommodate them.

Well they were a tremendous help during the war. I wonder why you think every position in the military involves hand-to-hand combat or something.

I also do not believe that transgender people - depending on what stage of transition they are in - are mentally sound or physically able to serve.

Why not?

Men and women with hormonal imbalances can have all kinds of adverse conditions and effects - which would affect their combat readiness.

Being transgendered doesn’t mean you have a hormonal imbalance.

Fallen Prophet

"Other criminal activity?" Whatever. It's not illegal for me to use the women's restroom. How about actually researching these issues before spewing very obvious ignorance and hate from your fingers?
As of 2018 - only California, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington allowed men and women to use the public restrooms of the opposite biological sex.

Unless over thirteen other States have changed their laws recently - which I doubt - the majority of States consider a man using the women's public restroom - and vice versa - to be illegal.

Now - whether or not charges are filed or arrests made depends on the circumstances and the actions of the perpetrator.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As of 2018 - only California, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington allowed men and women to use the public restrooms of the opposite biological sex.

Unless over thirteen other States have changed their laws recently - which I doubt - the majority of States consider a man using the women's public restroom - and vice versa - to be illegal.

Now - whether or not charges are filed or arrests made depends on the circumstances and the actions of the perpetrator.
Point proven. It's not illegal for me to use the women's restroom.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Even here in Michigan it happens as the law is generally not enforced, thus I've seen women in men's bathrooms at some sports events.

Fallen Prophet

Kurdish women kicked ISIS *** on the front lines. The Apache had an all female warrior band who kicked English ***. Amd are you going to tell a Norse shieldmaiden she can't be a warrior?
Try again.
I would argue that Kurdish men kicked more ISIS *** than Kurdish women.

I would argue that Apache men kicked more English *** than Apache women.

I would argue that Norse shieldmen were better warriors than the shieldmaidens.

This is because they were stronger, faster and had more endurance.

No one said that women couldn't fight when **** hits the fan and we need all hands on deck.

But - when we are talking about a professional military - men are better.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Is this why the Norse Vikings terrorized Europe despite having female fighters?
Yep, and apparently some are unaware of what women have done in the IDF.

Thus, in Israel, one better be careful if they date one or you may have something shot off. :oops:

Fallen Prophet

I'm disappointed. You really didn't bring your A-game to this one - because everything you offered was emotive - no thoughtful claims or well-reasoned arguments - based on facts.

You began this conversation by claiming that I was a bigot - and you even mentioned a personal story that I had shared with you to make that claim - so it is no wonder that you would decide to end this conversation in the way you did.

No reason. No argument. No facts. Just ad hominem.

Welp - even if you're gone - I am still going to respond to what you said for the sake of others who may stumble across it.
It's amazing how a few days away from the internet and RF and spending time with family and enjoying the holiday, puts things in better perspective.
I can picture it - you sitting with your family - eating and laughing - and then you mention this conversation that you are having online - you share the arguments being used - and then your family tells you that you are wrong - this gave you this "better perspective" - but instead of owning up to it - you decided to flee.

And unfortunately for you - those who flee are juicy targets - so get ready from some pot-shots.
In sum, I've decided that trying to debate transgenderism and associated public policies with someone like you simply isn't worth my time.
I understand - it is a waste of time for you to argument against someone like me - because I'm the someone with facts and well-reasoned arguments.

It is always a waste of time to try and argue against truth and reality - cause you will always lose.
I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my posts in extreme detail, but I honestly see no point to it.
You are welcome - and I understand - there really is no point considering that you are going to continue to believe what you want - despite the facts.
IMO, you have some very odd views on things (and not just with transgenders) and I hope they remain, and increasingly become, outlier positions as we move forward as a country.
I believe that to be a strange view - you want our society to move further away from facts and reason?

I'm not surprised that you hold that view - but it is still strange - why do so many people seek their own destruction?
So, I'm going to finish here with a few main points and be done.
The guy who flees isn't the one to decide when the fight is over.
I'm sure if the topic comes up again in another context or with someone else, I'll probably weigh in, but not with you in this thread.
Of course you would - you embarrassed yourself here.

You want "another context" - because within this "context" - you are wrong.

You shared all the false narratives and opinions and propaganda - but rather than help your case - they proved you wrong.

And all I had to do was point out all the errors.
First, I'll note how you persist in the falsehood that I "blamed the girl for her attack" and how horribly that reflects on you and your character.
I found your reasons for mentioning that she agreed to meet with her attacker lacking.

The only reason - as I see it - is if you were trying to lay some of the blame upon her for what happened.

And look at your reasoning here - you claim that my persistence in perpetuating a supposed "falsehood" (it isn't) "horribly reflects my character".

However you - on the other hand - persist in perpetuating the falsehood that gender means biological sex and that our children should be taught that.

You also claim that restricting restroom and locker room use in public schools by biology leads to children getting sexually assaulted.

These were the only two "sources" you shared - that Jack girl and the "study" - to support your claims.

So - how horrible is the reflection of your own character?
When we first began discussing that tragedy, I merely corrected the record by posting the facts of the case (as evident by the court docs).
What do you mean "corrected the record"?

What I said was, "That boy should not have been allowed in the girl's restroom in the first place. He is a predator."

And then you said, "If you're talking about the incident in Loudoun County, are you aware that the victim had previously met the boy in the girls' bathroom and had agreed to meet him there again when the attack occurred? Are you also aware that the school's transgender bathroom policy hadn't even gone into effect yet?"

What "record" needed correcting? I never said that she didn't agree to meet with him.

If you had simply said the latter part - that the policy had not been in effect yet - then that would have been enough.

Why did you need to mention that the victim agreed to meet with her attacker?

The only reason you would have had for mentioning that was if I had somehow disputed that fact - but I didn't.

Therefore the only reason I can see that you mentioned it was to divert blame away from the rapist - or the school - and put it onto the victim.

There is no other reason that I can see.
You subsequently accused me of "blaming the victim". At that time, I was willing to assume that maybe you misunderstood what I posted and/or why I posted it, so I tried to explain in the hopes that you would understand. But in your latest series of posts you simply ignored my explanation and repeated your false accusation.
No - I did not ignore your explanation - I pointed out that it didn't make sense.

Your explanation that your mentioning that she agreed to meet with her attacker somehow proved that this incident had nothing to do with transgender bathroom policies makes no sense.

You could have made that point simply by claiming that the policy wasn't in effect yet.

But no - you blamed the victim - and no amount of trying to "weasel out of it" is going to change that.
To be clear, that's terrible behavior on your part, especially given the subject matter. It was one thing when you first posted the accusation....maybe you just misunderstood. But to repeat it even after I clearly told you that wasn't my intent at all? That's disgusting and you should be ashamed.
My seeing through your BS isn't terrible behavior.

Blaming the victim of rape is terrible behavior and you should be ashamed.
Second, it's apparent by now that you likely don't believe transgenderism is a real thing.
What does this even mean?

I know that there are people out there that believe they are members of the opposing biological sex - or that they at least believe that they should live and be treated as such by society.

I disagree with them.

And that somehow means I don't believe that "transgenderism is a real thing"?

You don't believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God - does that mean that you don't believe that Christianity "is a real thing"?

What does that even mean?
That's evident in your latest posts about the Ted Talk video, such as when you say "No teacher should be trying to convince any student that the Christians are right about Jesus or that transgender people are right about their self-identity". That's what I'd figured earlier when I said this was likely more simple than I'd thought....a lot of what's going on here is rooted in that.
That Ted Talk was an attempt to make all viewers mouthpieces for transgender ideology.

Children are impressionable - which is why our public schools shouldn't be feeding them propaganda.

Last edited:

Fallen Prophet

So I'll just point out that by taking that stance, by asserting that transgender people are wrong about their gender, identity, and feelings, you're effectively saying that you know more about them and how they feel than they do.
I have been consistently saying that gender is not biological sex and that it is biological sex - not gender - that determines which public restrooms we use.

Jack in that Ted Talk may want to convince her viewers that gender and biological sex are the same thing - but they are not.

Jack in that Ted Talk may want to convince her viewers that society can be blamed for all of her problems with being a transgender person - but that's not true.

She is free to have and share these "false doctrines" all she wants - but public schools should not be shoving them onto our children.

Also - the Ted Talk mentioned rape in bathrooms by members of Congress - so why the **** would I want children to see that?
FYI, that sort of thing is a common tactic in dehumanizing groups of people and is a stereotypical characteristic of bigotry. I'll also finish this point by showing you this: Stop Using Phony Science to Justify Transphobia - Scientific American Blog Network
FYI - I didn't open that link.

You ran away - I owe you nothing.

The biological fact that there are only two sexes and that a man cannot become a woman and vice versa is not "phony science" by the way.

If people want to become the opposite "gender" - go ahead - but that doesn't mean you gain the benefits of the opposite biological sex - because you can't become that.
Finally, I believe your views on transgenders and bathroom policies provide further evidence of bigotry on your part. As I explained earlier, trans people have always been using bathrooms that match their gender.
Everyone knows that there are "master criminals" who "fly under the radar" and use the restroom of their choice.

I have said as much all throughout this discussion.

What I have also been saying throughout this discussion is that public restroom use is not determined by "gender" - but by biology.

So - if someone using the restroom were to see a member of the opposite sex in there with them - either nothing or many things could happen.

They may not notice - or ignore it - or become uncomfortable but not consider it worthy of any action - or they could become concerned and demand that that person leave - the authorities could be contacted.

None of these facts prove that I hate anyone - because facts are facts - they have nothing to do with feelings.
I'm not sure what you believe a trans person thinks and does before they go out into public, but I'm fully confident that they're just like everyone else....aware of how they present themselves. So a trans woman who presents as a woman will use the women's bathroom, and likewise a trans man who presents as a man will use the men's bathroom. Why? Because, as I showed you, the data indicates that if they did otherwise (i.e., used bathrooms opposite of their gender) they are significantly more likely to be violently attacked.
Nothing you shared "indicated" that.

You provided a "study" on an "anonymous web-based survey" which claimed that restrictive bathroom and locker room use placed on transgender students at public schools increased the likelihood of them being sexually assaulted sometime within the last year at some undisclosed place.

The articles never claimed that any of these supposed students were assaulted at these schools.

That "study" was not scientific at all. It was based on nothing.

It would be akin to me saying, "Since a bunch of anonymous claims from supposed children - that cannot be verified - claim that they were molested in States with high concentrations of atheists - that must mean atheists are pedophiles."

It makes no sense - and when I pointed that out to you - you ran away - so I guess you know it makes no sense either.
And that brings me to the main point. I showed you the data indicating that laws forcing trans people to use bathrooms opposite of their gender puts them at real, significant risk of violent attack, and you basically blew it off while continuing to focus heavily on the hypothetical risk of "predators lurking in bathrooms".
You showed no such data.

Now let me ask you some questions,

When many States legalized marijuana for medicinal uses - did we see an increase or decrease in recreational marijuana use?

When California decriminalized theft under $1,000 - did we see an increase or decrease in theft and looting?

If we decriminalize men using the women's restroom - we are going to see people abuse the system - that is just a fact.
Further, as I noted earlier, other countries and locations in the US have had trans-friendly bathroom policies in place for some time now, and there's no evidence of a resulting increase in attacks from "predators lurking in bathrooms".
Well - how can you make that claim when none of these places have ever been mentioned by name?

If you want to make a claim that these policies won't cause an increase in women being attacked in public restrooms - you better bring evidence to support it.
So, we know forcing trans folks to use bathrooms opposite of their gender = more violence against transgenders.

Meanwhile, we see no evidence that allowing trans folks to use the bathrooms of their gender = more "predators lurking in bathrooms".
You have been unable to prove the first claim and you haven't even tried to prove the second.

Why are you acting like these are proven facts?
Nevertheless, you continue to advocate for forcing trans people to use bathrooms opposite of their gender.
No - I advocate that public restroom use is determined by biology - not gender.
I think you know what the obvious conclusion there is......you're perfectly willing to have trans people put themselves at significantly greater risk of violence, just so you can feel safer from an imaginary threat.
You never proved that transgender people are at a risk of violence - while I shared actual cases of men taking advantage of these new policies to prey upon women.
IOW, as hyper-focused on safety as you come across (non co-ed schools, bats need to be locked up) when it comes to the safety of trans people, you simply don't care.
All I said about all-boy and all-girl schools is that I didn't oppose them and that I heard that children at those kinds of schools tend to test better.

If there are students using baseball bats to hit other students - I would lock up the bats.

And you never proved your claims about violence against transgender people.
So if you ever wonder why people conclude the worst about you....that's why.
I understand - my arguments are driven by facts and reason - rather than emotion and sensationalism.
Thanks for your time and I truly hope you find a way to be more compassionate and understanding.
"Compassion" can hurt others if it is only applied to one group of people.

You can sympathize and have concern for others without throwing away facts and reason.

I believe that telling transgender people that they are the biological sex they claim to be hurts them - it is not compassionate - because it pushes them toward a goal that they can never obtain - which is cruel.

As to your claim about understanding - are your serious bro? - after all the nonsense you tried to peddle here?

You began and ended this conversation by claiming that I was a bigot - so the obvious conclusion here is that you are not a reasonable person - so your opinion isn't worth that much.

God bless.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I would argue that Kurdish men kicked more ISIS *** than Kurdish women.

I would argue that Apache men kicked more English *** than Apache women.

I would argue that Norse shieldmen were better warriors than the shieldmaidens.

This is because they were stronger, faster and had more endurance.

No one said that women couldn't fight when **** hits the fan and we need all hands on deck.

But - when we are talking about a professional military - men are better.
You couldn't demonstrate it though. Or you would have.

Fallen Prophet

If a law is basically unenforceable, then why have it in the first place.
This statement doesn't make sense to me.
The reality is that it's just right-wing culture-wars propaganda since the Pubs have nothing to offer more than just saying "no!" to anything that the Dems propose, even if the Pubs first had originally proposed it. They did exactly the same when Obama was president.
And they didn't stand up for Trump either - they are a bunch of simps.
IOW, they're just "playing" their low-information base in order to keep them in line.
How am I "low-information"?

Fallen Prophet

You've already shown numerous times that you do not understand nor accept the "biology" even after it's been explained. You're operating out of politics, not science on this, plus you're not making even one iota of any logical sense.
The concept of "gender" does not exist in biology.

Fallen Prophet

A male is someone who has a body oriented toward active generation, a woman is either someone who calls themselves that (I call this title gender, it's as meaningful as a nickname) or is living out that social role.
What does "a body oriented toward active generation" mean?

And a woman can be literally anyone?

Fallen Prophet

Even here in Michigan it happens as the law is generally not enforced, thus I've seen women in men's bathrooms at some sports events.
I'm sure if someone contacted authorities and pressed charges - it would be enforced then - depending on the law of your State.

Fallen Prophet

Is this why the Norse Vikings terrorized Europe despite having female fighters?
The male Vikings were bigger, stronger, faster and had more endurance than the female Vikings.

You can bring up all the historical examples of females fighting - but that does not mean they were better than or even equal to the males.

But when we are talking about a professional military - not a bunch of plunderers getting together to raid others in order to survive the winter - men are better.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It depends on the State - yes.

I thought you lived in Indiana?
Nope. I moved out of that crap hole state a few years ago. I got away from Bible thumping arselings who expect people to fit their mold of2 what is normal and appropriate. Here in California nobody cares unless you're being an *******. Which would be great if everyone was more like that, but some people prefer to beat others in the head with a Bible and calendar from the 1950s. That's very much Indiana. They told me to leave. I did.
But when we are talking about a professional military - not a bunch of plunderers getting together to raid others in order to survive the winter - men are better.
Many professional armies do have women, even in combat positions.