• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ten years after “Shock and Awe”

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Of course it was worth it. Just look at all the weapons of mass destruction we seized from Sadam Hussein and his Al-Qaeda allies.

Last edited:

Aquitaine

Waste of lives, waste of money, waste of equipment and resources.

And now they're trying to start the same crap with Iran. :facepalm:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I don't know how many people Saddam killed, but since those are excess deaths - deaths from any cause over and above the statistical pre-war norm - the statisitic indicates that however many Iraqis Saddam would of killed over that same period of time, an extra million died because of George and Tony's pet nation-building project.

Nation-building in the sense that taking a sledge-hammer to your house is renovating.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Can you give us numbers and sources Saddam vs war?
I'm recalling a National Geographic issue from about 10 years back, but I'll see what I can find.
Before I go looking, consider his attack on Iran, attack on the Kurds, & his oppression of Iraqis.
That's a whole lotta death there, much of which would've been likely to continue if he stayed in power.
So I didn't oppose the war for the typical humanitarian reasons, but rather for the waste of our
resources & the shame of our feckless carnage.

Edit:
This isn't the same one, but it has relevant info:
http://sangam.org/2011/06/Genocide_Unearthed.php?uid=4367

Last edited:

WyattDerp

maybe 2000 to 5000 billion dollars?

Depending on who you ask that's not a minus, that's a plus. All those costs end up in the bank account of some corporation or other. So if you're a weapons manufacturer or security contractor etc., of course it was worth it.