• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell Me About Your God...

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?
God is in everything that's common to the whole human species : love, fear, wonder, justice, ...

God is in everything that cannot be explained only in material terms.

My belief is God is there even though it doesn't always make sense to me. But should we fix something that ain't broken?

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
I guess I would say sub-atomic particles without going to deep into anything.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I am not going to presume, because that leads to not knowing anything at all. When I find God, I will then know what it is.

Hypothesizing is the only approach I have ever known :D. It makes me happy to know I am not the only one with such conclusions

ZooGirl02

Well, I have changed and so my concept of God has changed too.

My concept of God is this: I don't know whether he/she/it is one, two, or several. However, I do believe that the Deity is all merciful, all loving, all compassionate, and loves everyone. I also believe that the Deity is inclusive. The Deity does not oppose equal rights for the LGBT community but rather strongly supports them. The Deity loves all people including the LGBT community and I believe the Deity sympathizes with them because they are still so very hated by so many people. I also believe that the Deity would never punish someone in Hell, especially not for eternity. In addition I believe that the Deity would prefer a libertarian sort of politics or at least the Deity would strongly prefer personal freedom over restrictive rules. And finally, I believe that the Deity doesn't really care what we believe so long as we believe in the inherent worth and dignity of all people, justice, equity, and compassion in human relations, acceptance of one another, and respect for the interdependent web of existence which we are all a part of. In other words, I believe that the Deity would want us to believe in the 7 principles of Unitarian Universalism.

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?

My concept of God is this: I don't know whether he/she/it is one, two, or several. However, I do believe that the Deity is all merciful, all loving, all compassionate, and loves everyone. I also believe that the Deity is inclusive. The Deity does not oppose equal rights for the LGBT community but rather strongly supports them. The Deity loves all people including the LGBT community and I believe the Deity sympathizes with them because they are still so very hated by so many people. I also believe that the Deity would never punish someone in Hell, especially not for eternity. In addition I believe that the Deity would prefer a libertarian sort of politics or at least the Deity would strongly prefer personal freedom over restrictive rules. And finally, I believe that the Deity doesn't really care what we believe so long as we believe in the inherent worth and dignity of all people, justice, equity, and compassion in human relations, acceptance of one another, and respect for the interdependent web of existence which we are all a part of. In other words, I believe that the Deity would want us to believe in the 7 principles of Unitarian Universalism.

From an external point of view, that seems like a radical change! What changed your conception?

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Well, I have many gods and goddesses.
They are non physical beings.
They all have their own aspects and things they are known for. Different personalities as well.

God is the God of the Greater Community, the Universe we live in of intelligent life. God is not limited by human perception, and certainly not just preccocupied with Earth. In the New Message from God, God is speaking to our world now, as has been spoken to many worlds, to prepare for our destiny of emerging into the Greater Community. God has sent us here to do the work, it is not for us to give up our problems with God or expect things from God.
From the teaching, The New God: "Here you must realize that God has initiated all the world’s religions, and they have all been changed by people, even radically changed. To correct the errors of the past, to renew the true faith, and to bring forth the great truth of the ancient religions in their pure form, God has sent a New Revelation into the world, not to replace the religions of the world, but to clarify them and to give them new strength and power and a greater unity with one another."

Raban

Hagian
In my opinion, God's whole nature is unknowable to man, and that any attempt to put what 'God' is in a box is futile. I personally hold that what 'God' IS does not matter so much as how we are. No matter what I say God is, does not change Gods nature, but what I say I am can change my nature. I like to believe God is an omniscient, omnipresent, benefactorial being which exists as a part of us, and all around us. I view God as not only an 'individual' but also the ultimate and final reality of existence- he is wholly beyond theological doctrine, and reveals himself to everyone; but because there is not supreme measurement of him, people perceive God in whatever manner they are accustomed. No one can know the nature of God, but everyone may know this God.

NoraSariah

My God is my Creator. He formed the heavens and the earth, and me. He created the waters and the birds, the moon and the stars. He cares for me, He loves me. He only wants the best for me. He sent His Son in my place so that I didn't have to die.

Mosiah 3:8-9

And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary. And lo, he cometh unto his own, that salvation might come unto the children of men even through faith on his name; and even after all this they shall consider him a man, and say that he hath a devil, and shall scourge him, and shall crucify him.

Last edited:

quizas

Sea monkey

"I am not religious but a higher power"

Interesting

What do you mean by higher level

Did you create the world !
Did you create people !

You didn't even invent phone .
So phone inventor must be higher power because he did something great to humanity.

Why this higher power not save you and your people from death !

Last edited:

Gudrun

Proud Pagan
My gods and goddesses are friends that I can walk alongside equally. They teach how to live a good life and be a decent person through the Nine Virtues and let you think for yourself and are not overly concerned with every single detail of your life.

Luke Morningstar

Mourning Stalker
What is God to you?

She is everything. Everything we can see, and especially, everything we can't see, we don't know, and haven't discovered yet. God has no gender, but I call her female because she was first and she creates. If I'm going to pretend she's a person, I'm going to pretend she's female, just like the first human was.

Every religion points to God. Every act of compassion, every act of reason. Every holy book tries to capture her and point to her, every story is about her, every person is born with her voice in their hearts.

She wanted to create a universe that would be larger and more complex than she could comprehend. Our free will is that thing. Our potential to create like she creates and dream like she dreams and love like she loves.

She is expressed in every person, when we fight against our animal emotions and urges telling us to take more, to hurt more, to be correct, to exploit the world for a temporary benefit. When we fight against the history of our animal past and figure out what it means to be human by searching for harmony.

Every holy book and every story is about Her. But all are written in human language, and that makes every holy book and story imperfect and incomplete.

So, I don't really know how to define Her because she might not even be real. But the path to Her is real, because that's the future I want. I want a world were compassion and reason are the guiding principles for all humanity, or whatever we become.

The only thing I know for sure, is that when we use the gifts of compassion and reason to restrict ourselves, to talk ourselves into hating or hurting others, to claim we know the answers instead of asking more questions, these things are entirely human. No matter how many people we can get to pray with us, these are not the works of God. These are humans abusing holy books, stories, our animal physiology and emotions, and our own free will to further their own personal ideas of perfection. And sometimes we go along, secretly knowing that it's against our inner code, just so we can get a piece of the profit or prophet's success.

SpentaMaynu

One God, All in all

Well it looks like you are not 100% orthodox Catholic anymore...
Blessed Be