• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Televangelist Marcus Lamb Who Called Vaccine Mandate 'Sin' Against God Dies Of COVID

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I understand that their are laws which are intended to provide both safety and balance. Yet, what you said...
“allowing people to make decisions based on their personal health risk“, too often does not appear to be the case with the Covid vaccine mandates. I’ve known of or read of too many accounts where a person is not allowed to make a decision based on their personal health risk. There are people who have had serious bad reactions to their first shot who don’t or didn’t want the second, but faced the loss of their job if they refused. Some have been permanently injured or died when getting the second. Others have lost their livelihoods rather than risk further injury.
Thankfully, the courts are taking a stand against the unconditionally of these mandates.

So far, it seems that employment mandates aren't really a big deal for most people. For the most part, it appears that the majority of Americans are free to choose; more so than if I can drive without a license or drunk as a skunk.

Though...does this mean there is a greater acceptance of the importance of employment and we can kill the argument that people who complain about things like low pay can just change their employment? Is this the end of the argument that if someone doesn't like their minimum wage job they should just get a new one or move somewhere with better opportunities?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Well, FREEDOM!, I guess. He was high risk; he should have got vaccinated.

"Daystar Television confirmed Lamb's death on Tuesday, although the network's announcement didn't mention a cause of death. However, Marcus' wife, Joni Lamb, confirmed her husband died from COVID-19, saying that he had been hospitalized after his oxygen dropped and alternative treatments proved ineffective.

Lamb, according to Joni Lamb, was diabetic, which made him a high risk for becoming seriously ill from COVID-19 and the 64-year-old was just on the cusp of being considered high risk because of his age."

Televangelist Marcus Lamb who called vaccine mandate "sin" against God dies of COVID
That doesn't make mandates a good thing. People die vaccinated or not BTW.

lostwanderingsoul

That post is just too stupid to respond to for several reasons:
  1. You didn’t follow the exchange and missed the point.
  2. Your post is stupid.
  3. You missed the point.
  4. Your comments are stupid beyond belief.
  5. That post is stupid.
I find it unnecessarily mean for a staff member to call a member stupid. I thought staff members should respect all posters. If I called another poster stupid I would peobably get a warning that I broke some rule. How come staff members can get away with it. Now I will probably get a warning that I should not question actions of staff members.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I find it unnecessarily mean for a staff member to call a member stupid. I thought staff members should respect all posters. If I called another poster stupid I would peobably get a warning that I broke some rule. How come staff members can get away with it. Now I will probably get a warning that I should not question actions of staff members.
Technically, he was calling the post and comments stupid, not the poster himself. There's a difference between the two.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
More nonsense from you.

Look at today's stats:

usa covid cases deaths - Google Search

Main Results
Statistics
United States
All regions
Cases 48,100,000
Deaths 777,000
What is being "intentionally overlooked to make things sound more dangerous than it actually is"?

This site, as well as hundreds of others, show the number of cases and the number of deaths.

Any ten-year-old can determine that most people survive.

Nothing is being hidden. However, I guess it serves your agenda to make inflammatory comments, even if they are blatantly false.
Sure it is. Keep at it. Doing a good job.

CDC shows COVID-19 has high survival rate; doctor still wants to see precautions taken

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

I don’t see the government mandating 30 mph speed limits on highways, which would greatly reduce automobile deaths. Or banning high fructose corn syrup in everything which contributes to obesity, heart disease and diabetics. Just shows me there more involved and other motives, besides caring about people’s health of reducing deaths.
I'm kind of glad they don't. But COVID for some reason is an exception. But fortunately people are slowly waking up to the real reason why the government is so pit bullish on the Covid bone.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I don’t see the government mandating 30 mph speed limits on highways, which would greatly reduce automobile deaths.

But that would greatly reduce productivity. The reason we allow higher speeds on highways is because of risk analysis. Right? I mean you allow higher speeds to streamline a certain way of traveling for a larger population. This is usually considered to be worthy of the “cost” of increased health risks because it’s assumed that people driving at such speeds are sober, able to operate a vehicle, competent at driving or under supervision if they are learning. I don’t know about the US but any time there are external factors like the weather, the speed limit is actually lowered by default.
Also I don’t think driving a car is contagious.
Or banning high fructose corn syrup in everything which contributes to obesity, heart disease and diabetics. Just shows me there more involved and other motives, besides caring about people’s health of reducing deaths.
That is largely unproductive and would likely result in more deaths, ironically enough. Any banned substances are immediately replicated by people looking for a profit anyway. And if it’s an illicit substance (it could be sugar even) then there’s no way to have any government oversight and health regulations in place anyway. This is why prohibition era saw really bad rotten alcohol. Ironically enough by allowing people free choice to kill their liver pretty much allowed the government to put in health controls and largely minimised death. That’s even a main talking point for legalisation of drugs. They will still kill you, but if legal, the government has a better chance of regulating out extremely toxic chemicals.
As to food, I know the US is rather lax in comparison to other countries (especially regarding portion sizes and I think we ban a lot of the ingredients you use lol) but do you guys not have any health and safety regulations? Like I worked in a deli and food safety was actually pretty strict. You have to store food a certain way, everything must be clean, you couldn’t mix raw and cooked food, you even had to wash you hands every time you touched raw chicken (even with gloves on) due to salmonella/cross contamination concerns. And it wasn’t like we were handling the food by hand at all either. Everything was with gloves or bags. It had to be or the store would be fined.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

I said the comments were stupid, and I repeatedly referred to the comments. I never said, nor will ever say the person is stupid. I broke no rules. Read them. RF Rules The red bold is mine.

1. Personal Comments About Members and Staff
Personal attacks and name-calling, whether direct or in the third person, are strictly prohibited on the forums. Critique each other's ideas all you want, but under no circumstances personally attack each other or the staff. Quoting a member's post in a separate/new thread without their permission to challenge or belittle them, or harassing staff members for performing moderation duties, will also be considered a personal attack.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
I'm kind of glad they don't. But COVID for some reason is an exception. But fortunately people are slowly waking up to the real reason why the government is so pit bullish on the Covid bone.
Yes, I am glad, as I lean more toward libertarianism, Nevertheless, as you’ve pointed out Covid is the exception and I think it’s being used politically for governments to implement greater control over the lives of people on a global scale... some places more so than others.

lostwanderingsoul

I said the comments were stupid, and I repeatedly referred to the comments. I never said, nor will ever say the person is stupid. I broke no rules. Read them. RF Rules The red bold is mine.

Personal attacks and name-calling, whether direct or in the third person, are strictly prohibited on the forums. Critique each other's ideas all you want, but under no circumstances personally attack each other or the staff. Quoting a member's post in a separate/new thread without their permission to challenge or belittle them, or harassing staff members for performing moderation duties, will also be considered a personal attack.
Also interesting that you said the post was too stupid to respond to and then you responded to it.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Also interesting that you said the post was too stupid to respond to and then you responded to it.

No, I responded to give reasons why the comments were too stupid to respond to. Keep trying, you might just get it. Or you can quit while you’re behind. ;) In fact, I didn’t even quote the post, so apparently it must have been so inconsequential I don’t even remember what it was or whom I was responding to. I must have hit a nerve that you’re going on about it. Yet I don’t see you condemning the post saying I show sociopathic tendencies by not being vaccinated. I got that hurled at me because I said it’s not my responsibility to worry about others when they can protect themselves. Yet you’re offended because I labeled comments as stupid. :rolleyes:

Twilight Hue

Yes, I am glad, as I lean more toward libertarianism, Nevertheless, as you’ve pointed out Covid is the exception and I think it’s being used politically for governments to implement greater control over the lives of people on a global scale... some places more so than others.
The stories I keep hearing in Australia proves much more is at stake than a health issue alone.

It's people's very freedoms that are under attack more so than the virus itself.

History proves that once a government takes away freedom, it's not going to give them back anytime soon.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'm so glad I gave up on this about 3 months ago. Similar to the Republican versus Democrat split, only about 1% of folks might change their minds. Smashing your head against a brick wall, anyone. The death rate could change to 95% or down to 0.00005 % and still nobody would change their minds.

lostwanderingsoul

I'm so glad I gave up on this about 3 months ago. Similar to the Republican versus Democrat split, only about 1% of folks might change their minds. Smashing your head against a brick wall, anyone. The death rate could change to 95% or down to 0.00005 % and still nobody would change their minds.
No one would change their mind. That is why government must step in to protect people who are too hard headed to protect themselves. I really do not want to walk down the street and have some unvaccinated person walk beside me and spread the virus to me. The government is protecting me by trying to get everyone vaccinated. The other wat would be for all unvaccinated people to stay in their houses at all times but we know they would not do that.

ecco

Veteran Member

People also ask

What does the term distinction without a difference mean?

Abstract. “A distinction without a difference”—a colloquial expression employed by one wishing to recognize that while a linguistic or conceptual distinction exists between any number of options, any such distinction lacks substantive practical effect.

ecco

Veteran Member
If you went to school in America, you were vaccinated against Polio among other things. How did those injections give the Government greater control over your life?

For What It's Worth
Song by Buffalo Springfield

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away

ecco

Veteran Member
The stories I keep hearing in Australia proves much more is at stake than a health issue alone.

It's people's very freedoms that are under attack more so than the virus itself.

History proves that once a government takes away freedom, it's not going to give them back anytime soon.

For What It's Worth
Song by Buffalo Springfield

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away