• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Televangelist Marcus Lamb Who Called Vaccine Mandate 'Sin' Against God Dies Of COVID

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
So, how widespread is the problem, since you are suggesting that Covid deaths are being OVER reported. How many?

How should I know that? I never said anything about numbers or how widespread. I said I believe it happens. I’m too stupid to make inferences from what I read, or form an opinion? I don’t like where these lines of questions and comments from a few people are heading. You can have beliefs and opinions but I can’t? Because I’m not vaccinated and have no intention of it, and you don’t like that? And everything I’ve said has been my opinion and belief, and I’ve said that.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I don’t even know who this person is, but I hope this thread isn’t about gloating over his death because he opposed being vaccinated. Since he was a high risk diabetic he could have also died from a breakthrough case of Covid even if he was vaccinated.
And he also could have been killed by an elephant that fell from a cargo plane too.

IOW, imo, people should play the odds.

ecco

Veteran Member
Most will survive Covid which is a fact intentionally overlooked to make things sound more dangerous than it actually is.
More nonsense from you.

Look at today's stats:

usa covid cases deaths - Google Search

Main Results
Statistics
United States
All regions
Cases 48,100,000
Deaths 777,000
What is being "intentionally overlooked to make things sound more dangerous than it actually is"?

This site, as well as hundreds of others, show the number of cases and the number of deaths.

Any ten-year-old can determine that most people survive.

Nothing is being hidden. However, I guess it serves your agenda to make inflammatory comments, even if they are blatantly false.

ecco

Veteran Member
As acceptable a rate as 3,613,732 overall American deaths since the automobile emerged.

As acceptable as 659, 000 deaths annually give or take each year by heart disease.

As acceptable a rate as 606,520 deaths from cancer annually.

Not as acceptable at all. Since about mid-June everyone in America could have been vaccinated. The vast majority of those who died since then ignored medical advice.

People ride in pickup trucks and get into accidents. People who don't wear seat belts and disconnect airbags are more likely to die in those accidents. People who ride in the bed of the pickups are even more likely to die.

Does the vaccine save everyone? No. Do advances in F1 racing car safety save everyone? No. But it sure makes a hell of a difference.
Google search...How many people died in f1 in the 60s?

Fifteen drivers died in the 1950s; fourteen in the 1960s; twelve in the 1970s; four in the 1980s and two in the 1990s.
Drivers are mandated to wear helmets and fire suits. Builders are mandated to build safety into the cars.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
As acceptable a rate as 3,613,732 overall American deaths since the automobile emerged.

As acceptable as 659, 000 deaths annually give or take each year by heart disease.

As acceptable a rate as 606,520 deaths from cancer annually.

Need I continue?
I don’t see the government mandating 30 mph speed limits on highways, which would greatly reduce automobile deaths. Or banning high fructose corn syrup in everything which contributes to obesity, heart disease and diabetics. Just shows me there more involved and other motives, besides caring about people’s health of reducing deaths.

Wandering Monk

I don’t see the government mandating 30 mph speed limits on highways, which would greatly reduce automobile deaths. Or banning high fructose corn syrup in everything which contributes to obesity, heart disease and diabetics. Just shows me there more involved and other motives, besides caring about people’s health of reducing deaths.

Anti-vaxxers never tire of this argument, which on its face is so specious.

Are automobile deaths, obesity, heart disease and diabetes contagious? Can you spread them to people when you don't know you have it?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Anti-vaxxers never tire of this argument, which on its face is so specious.

And anti-personal-choicers never tire of the seatbelts and “no shirts no shoes no service” laws and policies. Strong is the irony and hypocrisy in their arguments like that which I quoted.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Swing and a miss.

Personal choice? There's a reason pandemics are called Public Health issues and not Private Health issues.

Unless and until there is a law, it’s personal choice. Not Wandering Monk deciding it’s wrong that Jainarayan exercises his right to not get jabbed. Whether you like it or not.

What about swing and miss? You haven’t connected once yet.

Wandering Monk

Unless and until there is a law, it’s personal choice. Not Wandering Monk deciding it’s wrong that Jainarayan exercises his right to not get jabbed. Whether you like it or not.

What about swing and miss? You haven’t connected once yet.

In Jacboson v. Massachusetts (1905), SCOTUS ruled that states can compel vaccination.

Harlan ruled that the vaccination law did not violate the 14th Amendment because the police power of the state may be allowed to constrain individual liberties through reasonable regulations when required to protect public safety. He reasoned that individual liberty does not allow people to take actions regardless of the harm that they could cause to others.

Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

None of these things are contagious. The main difference with COVID is that it spreads easily enough to fill up ICUs and cause an overload of the healthcare system even if only a fraction of patients become severely ill or need hospitalization.

Which is not to say more shouldn't be done about other widespread health issues such as diabetes and heart diseases; it's just that a highly transmissible and mutation-prone virus is inherently different from those.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
In Jacboson v. Massachusetts (1905), SCOTUS ruled that states can compel vaccination.

Harlan ruled that the vaccination law did not violate the 14th Amendment because the police power of the state may be allowed to constrain individual liberties through reasonable regulations when required to protect public safety. He reasoned that individual liberty does not allow people to take actions regardless of the harm that they could cause to others.

Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905)

I never said they can’t. But they haven’t. Did you deliberately ignore where I said “unless and until”?

ecco

Veteran Member
I don’t see the government mandating 30 mph speed limits on highways, which would greatly reduce automobile deaths. ...
Just shows me there more involved and other motives, besides caring about people’s health of reducing deaths.
I know that many Christians have a binary view of the world: black or white; good or evil; straight or queer; male or female; etc.

However, the real world is nuanced. 75 mph on interstates is a balance between saving lives providing a serviceable solution. 15 mph through school zones is there for a purpose. Not passing a stopped school is law. It's too bad you cannot understand nuance and balance.

ecco

Veteran Member
And anti-personal-choicers never tire of the seatbelts and “no shirts no shoes no service” laws and policies. Strong is the irony and hypocrisy in their arguments like that which I quoted.

I guess you don't understand the concept of "civilized society".

How long would you have lasted in Nevada in the 1850's? If you walked shirtless into a bar with a sign “no shirts no shoes no service” maybe the owner would have just shot you for:
  • Disrespecting the sign
  • Being a Stupid ***
The real hypocrisy is in your comments.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess you don't understand the concept of "civilized society".

How long would you have lasted in Nevada in the 1850's? If you walked shirtless into a bar with a sign “no shirts no shoes no service” maybe the owner would have just shot you for:
  • Disrespecting the sign
  • Being a Stupid ***
The real hypocrisy is in your comments.

That post is just too stupid to respond to for several reasons:
  1. You didn’t follow the exchange and missed the point.
  2. Your post is stupid.
  3. You missed the point.
  4. Your comments are stupid beyond belief.
  5. That post is stupid.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

But there are mandates designed to reduce automotive deaths, and there is a slew of regulations designed to help people make informed dietary decisions. Both are balanced with practicality (we have to get places) and allowing people to make decisions based on their personal health risk.

ecco

Veteran Member
That post is just too stupid to respond to for several reasons:
  1. You didn’t follow the exchange and missed the point.
  2. Your post is stupid.
  3. You missed the point.
  4. Your comments are stupid beyond belief.
  5. That post is stupid.
Perhaps you might want to consider why I responded "stupidly" to your post. I often toss back in the manner I receive.

It seems you missed that important point. I'm not surprised.

InChrist

Free4ever
But there are mandates designed to reduce automotive deaths, and there is a slew of regulations designed to help people make informed dietary decisions. Both are balanced with practicality (we have to get places) and allowing people to make decisions based on their personal health risk.
I understand that their are laws which are intended to provide both safety and balance. Yet, what you said...
“allowing people to make decisions based on their personal health risk“, too often does not appear to be the case with the Covid vaccine mandates. I’ve known of or read of too many accounts where a person is not allowed to make a decision based on their personal health risk. There are people who have had serious bad reactions to their first shot who don’t or didn’t want the second, but faced the loss of their job if they refused. Some have been permanently injured or died when getting the second. Others have lost their livelihoods rather than risk further injury.
Thankfully, the courts are taking a stand against the unconditionally of these mandates.