• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Televangelist Marcus Lamb Who Called Vaccine Mandate 'Sin' Against God Dies Of COVID

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
You still want the world to be binary like your fundamentalist views:
Black/White
Good/Evil
God/Satan

As I said...

For you, it obviously is too hard to comprehend.

You just can't accept that the world is far more complex than your fundamentalist training would have you believe.

ETA: This is the same fundamentalism that got Marcus Lamb, the subject of this thread, infected and killed. I'm willing to bet that most of his followers still will not get vaccinated.

Thank you for trying. Hitting your head against a brick wall isn't fun. I am of the opinion now that even if the death rate per case was 80% or higher instead of at the 1.5% or so that it is, varying by country, these folks still wouldn't get vaccinated. It's incredibly entrenched, and it may only be a matter of time before a more deadly strain does come along. So far it doesn't seem to be Omicron.

BTW, I think your 10 year old analogy could be much lower. Best wishes.

ecco

Veteran Member
I assure you there's thosands, probably millions of people who are not fundamentalists ( whatever you think that means) that agree with me.
What is your assurance based on? Your views on covid aren't based on reality, there is no reason to believe that your assurances are.

However, it seems that you finally admitted that your are a biblical fundamentalist (not what I think it means, but the commonly accepted definition).

Wandering Monk

According to your link, 8 of 20 had been vaccinated. That is 40%. Nationwide, the CDC says 73% of Americans have had eat least one dose. Your first link says 79% of an unspecified number of cases have been vaccinated. This is not far off the vax rate for the US.

At this point, Omicron comprises about 4% daily of cases in the US, but is doubling about every 2 to 3 days. At that rate Omicron will be 100% of cases within 2 weeks. Delta is the variant that is hospitalizing and killing people at the moment.

In South Africa, virtually no one was vaccinated, so virtually all cases there were in unvaxed people. But, SA has a younger population and a high percentage of SA had exposure to previous variants.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
What is your assurance based on? Your views on covid aren't based on reality, there is no reason to believe that your assurances are.

However, it seems that you finally admitted that your are a biblical fundamentalist (not what I think it means, but the commonly accepted definition).
The accepted definition is usually a denomination with really strict rules.
I have no particular denominational affiliation, and am pretty mainstream in my beliefs.
If you simply mean people who take the Bible as truth, that would include most mainline denominations, including Catholics.

Wandering Monk

Where did you hear that figure? Are you sure it is correct?
upload_2021-12-18_11-46-40.png

COVID Data Tracker

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Where did you hear that figure? Are you sure it is correct?
Here's just ffom one source:
ABC News contacted 50 hospitals in 17 states, and asked them to share data on their ICU wards' current COVID-19 patients, including their vaccination status. In the surveyed hospitals, ABC News found that the overwhelming majority of COVID-19 patients currently being treated in ICUs were unvaccinated.

Of the 271 total COVID patients in the surveyed ICUs, 255 patients, or approximately 94%, were unvaccinated against COVID-19 in ABC News' snapshot in time...
-- Vast majority of ICU patients with COVID-19 are unvaccinated, ABC News survey finds - ABC News (go.com)

Here's another: 96% of Duke ICU COVID patients are unvaccinated, hospital officials say (msn.com)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So you want to change the subject now?

The most important numbers are hospitalization and death rates. The whole point of getting vaccinated is to decrease the risk of hospitalizations and deaths so that we don't end up overwhelming the medical system (again).