• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teabagger voter suppression plot exposed in Wisconsin

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
LOL! You're mistaken. I, speaking for myself, don't tolerate racism and bigotry. I don't care if you're the Pope or the Queen of England. If you're a racist and/or a bigot I don't tolerate it. But if you lie about something what does that mean? :thud:
Mr Smoke can handle his own response, Pinkerton.

LittlePinky82

Good heavens....Pinky issues orders on the forum now?

Do you have anything to add? Any substance or you just here spamming? Again like I said: if you think I've done a personal attack report it. Other wise move on. I mentioned it once when you were being a douche and now I'm done. If you want to stay on that fine, but you won't be talking to me with that. I said my part and I'm moving on. I've got better things to do and talk about.

Smoke

Done here.
Geeze, man....get a grip. It's childish to call someone a liar over a mere disagreement.

Instead of addressing what Shadow Wolf said, you made a bunch of insinuations about her character. Instead of addressing what I said, you just called me childish. You specialize in misdirection by personal attack, and yes, that's dishonest. You've successfully derailed the thread, though, so I guess dishonesty is working for you.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Let's get back on topic OK?

The only good thing I can see about the TEA party is, it is energising a group of people, (who are anti-government) to get out and vote.

The real issue here is, what we want to do as a country and how we are going to afford to do it.

No matter who holds office in the future, we are going to have to have a smaller government. Financial restraints will take over eventually.

As far as the OP goes, there is dirt in every campaign. I've yet to see a clean election.

Bottom line, come November the party is over for Democrats. I don't understand all the ruckus. It's not like they where getting much done anyway.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Instead of addressing what Shadow Wolf said, you made a bunch of insinuations about her character. Instead of addressing what I said, you just called me childish. You specialize in misdirection by personal attack, and yes, that's dishonest. You've successfully derailed the thread, though, so I guess dishonesty is working for you.
Yes, my post was personal towards you. That's cuz I addressed your ad hominem.
I think it was fair & appropriate to call Shadow on incorrect playing of the race card & her abuse of Tea Partiers.
You might consider that when you call someone dishonest, & that person knows otherwise, it just reflects poorly on you.
This is why we don't say everything that pops into our heads.

I think we should accept that political movements are generally sincere. We needn't look for conspiracies, sheets with
eyeholes or ulterior motives to explain them. It's more important to understand them than to insult & demonize them.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think it was fair & appropriate to call Shadow on incorrect playing of the race card & her abuse of Tea Partiers.
A new survey by the University of Washington Institute for the Study of Ethnicity, Race & Sexuality offers fresh insight into the racial attitudes of Tea Party sympathizers. "The data suggests that people who are Tea Party supporters have a higher probability"—25 percent, to be exact—"of being racially resentful than those who are not Tea Party supporters," says Christopher Parker, who directed the study. "The Tea Party is not just about politics and size of government. The data suggests it may also be about race."...
When read the statement that "if blacks would only try harder, they could be just as well off as whites," 73 percent of the movement's supporters agreed, while only 33 percent of people who disapproved of the Tea Party agreed. Asked if blacks should work their way up "without special favors," as the Irish, Italians, and other groups did, 88 percent of supporters agreed, compared to 56 percent of opponents. The study revealed that Tea Party enthusiasts were also more likely to have negative opinions of Latinos and immigrants.
Are Tea Partiers Racist? - Newsweek
Abusing them? The Tea Party seems to be the one doing the abuse. Why can't you just accept the Tea Party is filled with racism? It would be different if it was only a few people, but there have been so many incidents that the only way to ignore it is to turn a blind eye to it.

Dunemeister

Even if it is biased, we have seen that the Tea Party is overrun with very bad behavior. Racism is a really big one. Throwing bricks through someone's window was also pretty common after the health care bill. And now they are attacking Republicans who don't support the Tea Party candidates. So I really don't think voter harassment and/or fraud is outside of their methods.

If this sort of behaviour was acceptable/justifiable in the formation of the Union, why not accept it as part of its ongoing behaviour?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are Tea Partiers Racist? - Newsweek
Abusing them? The Tea Party seems to be the one doing the abuse. Why can't you just accept the Tea Party is filled with racism?

Because I see no evidence that racism pervades the movement. I read about their candidates, rallies, etc in the news, & the only bigotry I
see is a few isolated examples, some of which were debunked as I recall. The same is true for Repubs & Dems, both of which have racists
in their midst, yet they aren't racist as a whole. I see no trend in the various Tea Party agendas which suggests prevalent racism to me.
You simply haven't made a case for your claim.

It would be different if it was only a few people, but there have been so many incidents that the only way to ignore it is to turn a blind eye to it.
Perhaps because they're perceived as white & anit-government....or worse yet, conservative & because you're pro-government, you seek
only to find fault. (Note that I said "perhaps".) Were they predominantly black, lefties wouldn't accuse them of racism. This disparate treatment
strikes me as meta-racism. (I neither favor Tea Partiers nor oppose them. To me they're just a flash in the pan & of no long term consequence,
so I've no feelings about them. So I claim less bias than those for or against. But I be also more ignoranter & insensitiver than most, so I'm no authority.)

If you really just disagree with their agendas, why not focus on that, rather than insults & demonization? (Your views are too interesting to let ad hominems
become a distraction.) Such dwelling on rancor & hatred is what makes politics, government & economics so hard to discuss these days.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Were they predominantly black, lefties wouldn't accuse them of racism. This disparate treatment strikes me as meta-racism.
:areyoucra If you think it's wrong to not want to associate with racist, then yes I am guilty. If I am a wrong to think it would be embarrassing to the nation to put some of these people in office, then I am wrong. Like or hate Obama, at least he is still favored globally.

If you really just disagree with their agendas, why not focus on that rather than insults & demonization? Such dwelling on rancor
& hatred is what makes politics, government & economics so hard to discuss these days.
I don't like those either. But I feel the racist issue is one of the biggest concerns. They can get mad at Obama for whatever petty issue they want, be mislead about the health care bill, or whatever. The frequency in which Reagan is misquoted and misrepresented is alarming. (Funny how when Obama says or does something that Reagan did, Obama gets criticized for it.)
But a group that tolerates racism like that is not a group that I want running the nation. If the Tea Party gets too much power, it can mean bad things for many minority groups in America.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
:areyoucra If you think it's wrong to not want to associate with racist, then yes I am guilty.

You know that isn't what I said or intended. I don't care whom you associate with.
But I gladly associate with racists, sexists, zealots, etc....how else does one influence to them a more open view?
I spend more time with Democrats & theists than I do with Libertarians & atheists. Tis how I serve humanity.

If I am a wrong to think it would be embarrassing to the nation to put some of these people in office, then I am wrong. Like or hate Obama, at least he is still favored globally.
It isn't about being embarrassed by the antics of rabble running for office, nor is it about how much foreigners like Obama.
If popularity were truth, I'd have to become a Xtian.

I don't like those either. But I feel the racist issue is one of the biggest concerns.
How much of it is an organized campaign of dishonesty by Democrats? Is the following just the tip of the iceberg?
Left Admits: Racism Charges Against Tea Parties a Tactic, Not a Truth
How many of the supposed racist Tea Partiers are actually Democratic spoofs?
Does this mean that the Democratic Party is just as racist, if not more so?
They all strike me as irrelevant distractions from the real issues: war, economy, civil liberties, taxes, etc.

They can get mad at Obama for whatever petty issue they want, be mislead about the health care bill, or whatever.
Then I urge you to point out those issues. Besides, misleading about the health care bill is endemic to both parties. When I hear
Democratic apologists on NPR decry the false notion of "death panels", & then later talk about "end of life panels", I know that a
whole lotta people are either lying or lost in their hyperbole. When I find that the health care bill has non-health regulatory
demands (eg, 1099 reporting), I know that a Trojan horse is within the walls.

But a group that tolerates racism like that is not a group that I want running the nation.
Such as one which has a special Congressional Caucus for blacks only? Or one which had revered member who was a Ku Klux Klan
leader? Or one whose high level functionaries openly admit accusing Tea Partiers of racism as a tactic, fully aware it's a lie.
Or the party which invented Jim Crow. Or....you get the picture. Democrats (& Republicans) may lay no claim to sainthood.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
When I hear
Democratic apologists on NPR decry the false notion of "death panels", & then later talk about "end of life panels", I know that a
whole lotta people are either lying or lost in their hyperbole.

LOL!!! Do you actually believe that Government is going to set up death panels?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Did not Bill Clinton say, "It's all about the economy stupid"?

He was right and I believe it caused him to win the election. Only an idiot would want to raise taxes during the worst recession in 60 years.

All these trillions of dollars we have spent trying to create jobs is a very expensive non-solution at best.

You want to stimulate the economy? Let's have a tax holiday!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
LOL!!! Do you actually believe that Government is going to set up death panels?
No....at least not as vaguely portrayed in the media. However, I do believe that it is absolutely necessary to have some panel
(or other aptly named body) devise a method of allocating treatments based upon cost effectiveness, quality of life & longevity.
95 year old alcoholic smokers should not be getting heart & lung transplants on the taxpayer's dime. They're gonna die. Babies
with cleft palates need surgery. The middle between those extremes will be a big bone of contention. Resources are limited &
demands are not, so this must be worked out. I don't see any public discussion of this issue, which will be paramount to success
of the health care system, but it must have been dealt with in some fashion.
(This can't possibly be a partisan matter, can it?)

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Only an idiot would want to raise taxes during the worst recession in 60 years.
I might be that idiot. The trick is to raise revenue in a way which enhances productivity.
Simple example: If we ditched personal deductions, eliminated capital gains taxes & lowered marginal tax rates, we'd provide
greater incentive for work, investment & business. This could be designed such that tax revenue actually increased. We're
gonna have to pay down Bush's & Obama's horrendous debt, so it's time to tighten our belts, & pay China back.
But given the incompetence & corruption in DC, I wouldn't trust'm to do anything useful with tax policy.

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
(This can't possibly be a partisan matter, can it?)

I'm not so sure. We cannot have people retiring for 30 years can we? The Social Security system was not designed to pay people that long.

You can't expect folks to work till there 70 either. Something has to give.

The Government will not be able to meet their obligations. Too many people pay little if no taxes while the elite Liberals believe the rich should pay for it all.

What we are headed for is 51% of Americans will vote that the other 49% pay for everything. Draconian taxes will cause capitalism to become unattractive and unemployment will sky rocket.

When everyone sits on their butt and does nothing, who will carry the water then?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not so sure. We cannot have people retiring for 30 years can we? The Social Security system was not designed to pay people that long.
You can't expect folks to work till there 70 either. Something has to give.
The Government will not be able to meet their obligations. Too many people pay little if no taxes while the elite Liberals believe the rich should pay for it all.
What we are headed for is 51% of Americans will vote that the other 49% pay for everything. Draconian taxes will cause capitalism to become unattractive and unemployment will sky rocket.
When everyone sits on their butt and does nothing, who will carry the water then?
I agree that there are tough policy decisions. I just see that those are universally recognized problems, & something we
can discuss without having the Dems, Repubs, Commies & Libertarians at each others' throats. Or so I hope.