• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teabagger voter suppression plot exposed in Wisconsin

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I guess we should just pay for expensive medical care to keep people alive so they can draw a check and sit on their unproductive butts for 30-40 years.

Go to a doctors office, the room is full of people who cannot hear, see, have sex, chew food and many do not even know who the person is that brought them to the doctor. All the while they sit there crapping in a diaper.

If you think that is bad, go to a nursing home some time.

Someone please explain to me how euthanasia is bad but abortion is just peachy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Easy...."euthanasia" sounds bad because it's so direct a step. It's replaced by hospice. One goes in, gets pain killers, gets feeding
tubes removed, & death is a somewhat indirect result. This way no one feels like an executioner. I still prefer a shovel up side my
head...that's still our plan. (Note: I don't favor that The Shovel Club become government policy. Tis a personal choice.)

Questions:
How much should taxpayers spend per year to keep a 90 year old man alive with a 90% probability?
How much should taxpayers spend per year to keep a 60 year old man alive with a 90% probability?
Should the amount increase if he were a decorated veteran?
Should the amount increase if he's a very productive citizen?
Should it be less if he's retired?
Should politicians get a better standard of care? Or just Governors, Congress & the Prez getting better than the little people?

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
How much should taxpayers spend per year to keep a 90 year old man alive with a 90% probability?
How much should taxpayers spend per year to keep a 60 year old man alive with a 90% probability?
Should the amount increase if he were a decorated veteran?
Should the amount increase if he's a very productive citizen?
Should it be less if he's retired?
Should politicians get a better standard of care? Or just Governors, Congress & the Prez getting better than the little people?
IMO, we should pay the same, and we should all get the same care. Let the individual factors, such as weight, smoking, exercise, diet, etc., effect the price of the personal premium. That way smokers are the ones paying for their care, and those who eat good and exercise get a discount, and both get the same care. It also works to encourage healthy habits.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
IMO, we should pay the same, and we should all get the same care. Let the individual factors, such as weight, smoking, exercise, diet, etc., effect the price of the personal premium. That way smokers are the ones paying for their care, and those who eat good and exercise get a discount, and both get the same care. It also works to encourage healthy habits.
Woo hoo! No argument here....except that I'd use the word "affect" instead of "effect".

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You know that isn't what I said or intended. I don't care whom you associate with.
You said my words sounded like meta-racism.

Oh, well, that has a Conservative bias so it's no good.
But to be serious, there is research that has shown the Tea Party is indeed more racist. They link I provided estimated Tea Partiers are 25% more likely to be racist. You posted a think tank, I posted actual research.

Then I urge you to point out those issues
Really? They complained because he supported the building of the Ground Zero Mosque. They complained when he said NASA can be used to reach out to Muslim nations, even though Reagan wanted to use NASA to reach out to Russia. Some of them still haven't gotten over the whole birth certificate ordeal, or him not being Muslim. They complained that he called the Pastor that was going to burn the Quran to try to talk him out of. They even complained about his wife going on vacation.

Such as one which has a special Congressional Caucus for blacks only? Or one which had revered member who was a Ku Klux Klan
leader? Or one whose high level functionaries openly admit accusing Tea Partiers of racism as a tactic, fully aware it's a lie.
Or the party which invented Jim Crow. Or....you get the picture. Democrats (& Republicans) may lay no claim to sainthood.
I agree that racism is just bad. But I wasn't talking about Republicans or Democrats. I was talking about the Tea Party.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Shadow....we'll have to agree to disagree about racist Tea Partiers. You see them that way.
I see the Democrats (who also complained about the NY mosque) as even worse.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I guess we should just pay for expensive medical care to keep people alive so they can draw a check and sit on their unproductive butts for 30-40 years.

Go to a doctors office, the room is full of people who cannot hear, see, have sex, chew food and many do not even know who the person is that brought them to the doctor. All the while they sit there crapping in a diaper.

If you think that is bad, go to a nursing home some time.

Since when was euthanasia bad? It's always been conservatives who have been against euthanasia, because they hate suicide and it violates some sacred right to life or something (right?).