• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tea Time!

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I go through copious amounts of loose-leaf oolong tea. My household goes through a pitcherful of mango-peach iced oolong tea every day or two.
Wow.
And here I go through a pitcher or three a day of the Bigelow black tea ice.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon for me.

I will usually drink typhoo or pg tips black tea teabags or twinnings english breakfast or Yorkshire tea for convenience, they are the only British style teas in the supermarket shelves around here. Although France has a wonderful variety of teas and tissains.

I drink it quite strong but not like soup, no milk, no sugar, no anything but the tea and boiling water in a warm cup.

I often relax with a green tea, which i enjoy tremendously. My favourite being green tea with jasmine.

We usually keep a box of mixed varieties, black and green teas and tissains for when the mood takes us.

My all time favourite tea is Ringtons, unfortunately they don't export.
ringtons-english-breakfast-loose-leaf-tea-250g-p1135-4269_medium.png

exchemist

Veteran Member
What's your favorite kind of tea?

Black? Green? Roiboos? Herbal? Oolong?

Weak or Strong?

With Honey or Sugar? Milk or No?

I don't know if I have a favorite tea per se, they are all delicious in various ways, but I'm currently drinking a glass of Black tea with honey and milk.

I have also been known to be a sucker for Flowery Herbal teas, the kind that taste like bouquets. :)
I generally brew a blend of Darjeeling and Assam, often with a slight touch of Lapsang Suchong for a hint of smoke. Drunk with a little milk, to soften the tannins.

But to accompany stir-fry evening meals, we often brew Oolong, which is drunk black of course.

Very occasionally I make a citrus tisane before bed.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Weak or Strong?

I don't know if I have a favorite tea per se, they are all delicious in various ways, but I'm currently drinking a glass of Black tea with honey and milk.

I have also been known to be a sucker for Flowery Herbal teas, the kind that taste like bouquets. :)

I have four teas in my cupboard. Earl Grey, red rooibos, chamomile, and Darjeeling. All Twinings brand.

I don't have a favorite among them; I drink them at different times of the day. Darjeeling I drink in the late morning when I'm done drinking coffee. Earl Grey is my early afternoon choice. Late afternoon or evening I'll have a cup of red rooibos, and before bed I'll drink chamomile.

All four I drink with a half teaspoon of Truvia. No other additives.

I steep the teas for the recommended time...three minutes for Earl Grey and Darjeeling, and four minutes for rooibos and chamomile.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Weak or Strong?

Lightish black Irish Breakfast without sugar.

(Never put a dash of Cassis in tea. It tastes like vasewater. Take my word for it.)

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Wow.
And here I go through a pitcher or three a day of the Bigelow black tea ice.
We've cut down since the price of loose leaf oolong spiked. I've also switched to brewing it hot and chilling it from my previous cold brew method in order to use less of the tea leaves.