• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tarot Cards

morning-star

Light Bearer
The legend is that Tarot Cards were first used by the gypsies, and were first recorded to be used by the italian gypsies. Do you believe this? And have you used them? If so what technique do you use, and how successful have you been?

I try use tarot on a regular basis (thuogh i don't use as often as i like) I have tried several techniques and would be interested to here what people use, I find it successful though I have ever gave myself readings and never tried it on other people.

At the movement I have been using ‘The dragon tarot’ and I find it quite good.

I have never used paling cards but I would like to try some time.

I was wondering how you personally read the cards? I use a mixture of interpretations I have learned for each card and I ask the sprits around me to aid the process and help me form the card meaning.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I try use tarot on a regular basis (thuogh i don't use as often as i like) I have tried several techniques and would be interested to here what people use, I find it successful though I have ever gave myself readings and never tried it on other people.

At the movement I have been using ‘The dragon tarot’ and I find it quite good.

I have never used paling cards but I would like to try some time.

I was wondering how you personally read the cards? I use a mixture of interpretations I have learned for each card and I ask the sprits around me to aid the process and help me form the card meaning.

I use the Rider Waite pack (the first one, I believe); I only use the Tarot for meditation and guidance for myself. I use the Celtic Cross, and the meanings are those I have learned from a book I was recommended.

morning-star

Light Bearer
I use the Rider Waite pack (the first one, I believe); I only use the Tarot for meditation and guidance for myself. I use the Celtic Cross, and the meanings are those I have learned from a book I was recommended.

thanks i'll look up the book what other spreds would you recomened?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
thanks i'll look up the book what other spreds would you recomened?

I believe it's by Eileen Connelly - as luck would have it, I can't find the book...it must be burried deep down somewhere.

I am in the process of starting a comparisson of numbers (from the Tarot) to Numerological studies to see what "fits" with what.

morning-star

Light Bearer
I believe it's by Eileen Connelly - as luck would have it, I can't find the book...it must be burried deep down somewhere.

I am in the process of starting a comparisson of numbers (from the Tarot) to Numerological studies to see what "fits" with what.

^.^ ok

List Price:CDN$ 28.37Used:from CDN$ 737.97 That just doesn't make sense.:shrug:

well it has to be out of print >.< you should keep an eye out on ebay Im sure one woud come up....

Mike182

Flaming Queer

Tarot was around for ages before Rider and Waite... basically, they were the first to bring all the symbology together to create one 'universal' tarot deck - before them, people made their own, using different numbers of cards depending upon hwo they were inspired to create it :)

i've just recently been given a gift by a friend of mine, it's a book on Crowley's Thoth deck and its Egyptian origins. i haven't read it yet, but it looks really good!

morning-star

Light Bearer
Tarot was around for ages before Rider and Waite... basically, they were the first to bring all the symbology together to create one 'universal' tarot deck - before them, people made their own, using different numbers of cards depending upon hwo they were inspired to create it :)

i've just recently been given a gift by a friend of mine, it's a book on Crowley's Thoth deck and its Egyptian origins. i haven't read it yet, but it looks really good!

the Throth deck looks to be a really good deck, thuogh I allways have to question Cowley........