• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taping of Farm Cruelty Is Becoming the Crime

WyattDerp

Wow?!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/07/us/taping-of-farm-cruelty-is-becoming-the-crime.html

Yes, it's possible to slander someone with youtube videos, and it can be hard to "clean up" even after you proved the accusations to be false. But you CAN hold someone doing that nilly-willy responsible, so why is that not enough?

That one group actually went as far as drafting something that would have labeled people terrorists of all things is just icing on the cake... wtf. That such an idea even can occur to people... "Nineteen-Eightyfour" was a warning, not a manual. I swear, some have that all mixed up.

ZooGirl02

I think this is wrong. Animal rights activists should be allowed to expose animal cruelty in factory farms and such. I have seen some of the videos that PETA puts out, including one on Meat.org. Some of the stuff you see in those types of videos is just absolutely shocking and is one of the main reasons why I am considering becoming a Vegan.

That said, I do not see anything wrong with eating meat and neither does the Catholic Church. God gave us dominion over animals and they are there for us for food, clothing if need be, and for other uses. We absolutely should not be cruel to them though and we should not experiment on them unnecessarily. Sure, experimenting on them to make sure that certain medications are safe is fine but I see no reason why cosmetics should be tested on them. After all, cosmetics are just an instrument of vanity anyway. Don't get me wrong, as far as I am aware the Catholic Church is not against cosmetics but personally I am for myself.

Treks

Disgusting. Surely it can only be greed which motivates such politicians to put forth bills to prohibit this filming. Why else would someone want to hinder efforts to keep the industry honest and weed out criminals?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1984 no longer seems particularly alarming. The government seems bent on suppressing dissent, activism and any questioning or knowledge of its methods. Everyone's a terrorist (thought criminal). Anyone exposing Big Brother is a traitor.

A nation of sheeple.

1984 no longer seems particularly alarming. The government seems bent on suppressing dissent, activism and any questioning or knowledge of its methods. Everyone's a terrorist (thought criminal). Anyone exposing Big Brother is a traitor.

A nation of sheeple.

Seen the thread about the link between water quality and terrorism yet?