• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taliban in afganistan muders 19 year old girl

David1967

Premium Member
I wasn't sure where or even if I should post this thread. If it needs to be in another location feel free to move it. I saw this today while reading the news and it deeply disturbed and saddened me. Please don't think this thread is anti Muslim as I know from the good Muslim people I have talked to on this forum and grown to respect that this is surely not condoned by them or their faith today. This is not about religion. This is about cold blooded heartless murder.This is simply a barbaric act of murder by some delusional men with a twisted view of righteousness in a most brutal way that I cannot believe is still being practiced by some in this modern world in which we live. I simply cannot understand this :(

http://news.yahoo.com/graphic-video-shows-afghan-woman-stoned-death-eloping-071332458.html

Theweirdtophat

It is sad for sure. I really don't understand why they feel like this is a punishment that fits the "crime" And I don't lump all Muslims in the same group because I know most don't do this kind of thing, but sometimes people will see this and use it to justify despising Muslims.

David1967

Premium Member
It is sad for sure. I really don't understand why they feel like this is a punishment that fits the "crime" And I don't lump all Muslims in the same group because I know most don't do this kind of thing, but sometimes people will see this and use it to justify despising Muslims.

Yes, that is why I wanted to be very clear that this post is not against Muslim people or the religion of Islam. It is anti Taliban. And also anti anyone who would use their religion as an excuse to do violence against anyone.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I wasn't sure where or even if I should post this thread. If it needs to be in another location feel free to move it. I saw this today while reading the news and it deeply disturbed and saddened me. Please don't think this thread is anti Muslim as I know from the good Muslim people I have talked to on this forum and grown to respect that this is surely not condoned by them or their faith today. This is not about religion. This is about cold blooded heartless murder.This is simply a barbaric act of murder by some delusional men with a twisted view of righteousness in a most brutal way that I cannot believe is still being practiced by some in this modern world in which we live. I simply cannot understand this :(

http://news.yahoo.com/graphic-video-shows-afghan-woman-stoned-death-eloping-071332458.html
extremist exist in every religion .

Just close to Afghanistan , Burma , do you know what extremist Buddhists do to Muslims ?

this just mini exemple

Theweirdtophat

There are extremists in just about every religion. Muslims, Buddhists ect. As far as I know, stoning is a not a Muslim trait and I have heard non-Muslims that have had honor killings as well. The only ones I can think that are totally bad a small evil cults but they are rare and not popular.

These are just radicals. Sometimes I wonder if they use this "crime" as an excuse to do horrible things, or they honestly believe what they are doing is right? To not only do this but do it in the most painful way possible? What goes on in their heads?

David1967

Premium Member
There are extremists in just about every religion. Muslims, Buddhists ect. As far as I know, stoning is a not a Muslim trait and I have heard non-Muslims that have had honor killings as well. The only ones I can think that are totally bad a small evil cults but they are rare and not popular.

These are just radicals. Sometimes I wonder if they use this "crime" as an excuse to do horrible things, or they honestly believe what they are doing is right? To not only do this but do it in the most painful way possible? What goes on in their heads?
Your right. In the old testament the Jews did lots of stoning. You want to read something horrible, just read the book of Judges. My gosh, there were lots of things that would get you stoned then.

Akivah

This is simply a barbaric act of murder by some delusional men with a twisted view of righteousness in a most brutal way that I cannot believe is still being practiced by some in this modern world in which we live. I simply cannot understand this :(

I didn't think the article was clear about whether the stoners of women are Taliban or simply conservative Afghans. For instance, the article mentions
the endemic violence against women in Afghan society, despite reforms since the hardline Taliban regime fell in 2001.
and
"Women in general have problems all over the country, but in Ghor even more conservative attitudes prevail."

Akivah

Your right. In the old testament the Jews did lots of stoning. You want to read something horrible, just read the book of Judges. My gosh, there were lots of things that would get you stoned then.

A few things to bear in mind when making comparisons to this event. Firstly, any stoning done by Jews was last done over 2200 years ago. Second, stoning in Judaism was not carried out by a mob of people. It was done by a court appointed executioner that dropped the convicted criminal off a cliff. Third, death sentences mandated by the ancient Jewish courts were extremely rare. The typical rate was roughly one death sentence every forty years.

Theweirdtophat

True but even if it happened rarely, it doesn't make it any less disturbing that the fact was that it was a form of punishment. That they actually wrote that down in their laws.

But Judaism today is not Judaism 3,000 years ago. This applies to almost every religion, as they change and grow. I wish people wouldn't look at this and use it to justify hating Muslims, like if they saw Christian terrorist groups doing horrible things and use it to justify hating Christians.

This is still a horrible crime for "allegedly" adultery. It's really sickening that they honestly thought they were doing the right thing.

Unification

The physical death toll of taking inner stories that never happened historically or literally rises through literal outward action.

Most outward religions indirectly feed into that system.

Perhaps the inner meaning of "stoning" in texts needs to be revealed into certain minds.

David1967

Premium Member
A few things to bear in mind when making comparisons to this event. Firstly, any stoning done by Jews was last done over 2200 years ago. Second, stoning in Judaism was not carried out by a mob of people. It was done by a court appointed executioner that dropped the convicted criminal off a cliff. Third, death sentences mandated by the ancient Jewish courts were extremely rare. The typical rate was roughly one death sentence every forty years.
Yes I realize that that happened a long time ago and was not meaning to compare in that context. I think its horrible whoever does it. I was addressing 'Theweirdtophat' comment about stoning not being a Muslim trait..

David1967

Premium Member
True but even if it happened rarely, it doesn't make it any less disturbing that the fact was that it was a form of punishment. That they actually wrote that down in their laws.

But Judaism today is not Judaism 3,000 years ago. This applies to almost every religion, as they change and grow. I wish people wouldn't look at this and use it to justify hating Muslims, like if they saw Christian terrorist groups doing horrible things and use it to justify hating Christians.

This is still a horrible crime for "allegedly" adultery. It's really sickening that they honestly thought they were doing the right thing.

Just close to Afghanistan , Burma , do you know what extremist Buddhists do to Muslims ?

this just mini exemple

That is horrible my friend and I had no idea that happened.

David1967

Premium Member
because the value of Muslims lives is lower/cheaper than animals in Western media
I didn't even know that there were Buddhist extremist. The Buddhist people that I have met are against violence in any form, so this is new to me.

Deidre

How sad. :( I watched the movie recently The Stoning of Soraya M, and it was horrific. It is a brutal, slow death...and I can't help but feel pity for those who execute people, at all, let alone like this. It's a level of depravity that is hard to imagine. Seems like just being accused of a crime, can bring about punishment. There doesn't seem to be a due process of law.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

this just mini exemple

I've seen that video before, years ago. That's not in Burma and those people are certainly not Burmese. Those are Africans and the people involved are either Christians or Muslims. I've seen it presented as Christians killing "witches".

Oh, here's the info:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...itches-refusing-desirable-coastline-land.html

They're Kenyans killing people accused of "witchcraft". Nothing to do with Muslims and/or Buddhists. There's been a witch hunt hysteria in parts of Africa for many years. They burn people alive, beat them to death, torture them, etc. including children.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
They're Kenyans killing people accused of "witchcraft". Nothing to do with Muslims and/or Buddhists. There's been a witch hunt hysteria in parts of Africa for many years. They burn people alive, beat them to death, torture them, etc. including children.

Not just Africa, either.
I lived in Papua New Guinea, and it was an absolutely deadly problem. Even the kids I was teaching did some pretty nasty things because of it.
(throwing stones at a dwarf who lived as a hermit)

Sorcery was a crime until extremely recently. PNG has maybe the highest rate of Christianity on Earth (approx 98%), but in reality you end up with a mix of ancestoral worship, tribal customs and Christianity. Sorcery-based killings have actually INCREASED as the country has become more modern.

http://thediplomat.com/2015/06/sorcery-and-sexism-in-papua-new-guinea/

Less than two months after that burning, the leader of the South Bougainville Women’s Federation, Helen Rumbali was tortured then beheaded. Though both incidents are horrific, they are sadly common. The UN has estimated that attacks occur “on a weekly basis.” PNG itself believes that 150 people are killed each year in just one of its 20 provinces as a result of sorcery accusations.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I've seen that video before, years ago. That's not in Burma and those people are certainly not Burmese. Those are Africans and the people involved are either Christians or Muslims. I've seen it presented as Christians killing "witches".

Oh, here's the info:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...itches-refusing-desirable-coastline-land.html

thanks for correct my information :)

maybe because it's similaire crimes that happened to Burma .

i fooled again by fake video of youtube

this is may had more credibility

and this other video i found about Chritians/Muslim confilt in Central Africa , when 1000 Muslims protect by Pope in Church , from other extrmists Christians !

[/QUOTE]

David1967

Premium Member
thanks for correct my information :)

maybe because it's similaire crimes that happened to Burma .

i fooled again by fake video of youtube

this is may had more credibility

and this other video i found about Chritians/Muslim confilt in Central Africa , when 1000 Muslims protect by Pope in Church , from other extrmists Christians !

[/QUOTE]
That's OK Godobeyer. Your video post is just as relevant whether it is a Kenyan killing for religious reasons or a Christian killing a Muslim or a Muslim killing a Christian or whatever. Its all equally horrendous . As I said to you in our conversation, Our religion should bring out the best in people yet in the hands of misguided people it can bring out the worst. We see examples of this type of thing in all religions (to my knowledge). And its all bad:(