• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taking on the Sin of the World

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
sandy whitelinger said:
So Adam only ate the fruit because he was deceived? Could you offer Koranic scripture for this?
Yes with pleasure Sandy :) Here it goes:

Allah says in Chapter 2, verses: 35-36:
And We said: "O Adam! Dwell you and your wife in the Paradise and eat both of you freely with pleasure and delight, of things therein as wherever you will, but come not near this tree or you both will be of the wrong-doers." Then the Satan made them slip there from (the Paradise), and got them out from that in which they were. We said: "Get you down, all, with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be a dwelling place for you and an enjoyment for a time."

Then the verse 37 that follows shows Allah forgiving Adam and accepting His repentance.

Then Adam received from his Lord Words. And his Lord pardoned him (accepted his repentance). Verily, He is the One Who forgives (accepts repentance), the Most Merciful.

In chapter 7, verses 19-25

"And O Adam! Dwell you and your wife in Paradise, and eat thereof as you both wish, but approach not this tree otherwise you both will be of the unjust and wrong-doers." Then Satan whispered suggestions to them both in order to uncover that which was hidden from them of their private parts (before); he said: "Your Lord did not forbid you this tree save that you should become angels or become of the immortals." And he Satan swore by Allâh to them both (saying): "Verily, I am one of the sincere well-wishers for you both." So he misled them with deception. Then when they tasted of the tree, that which was hidden from them of their shame (private parts) became manifest to them and they began to cover themselves with the leaves of Paradise (in order to cover their shame). And their Lord called out to them (saying): "Did I not forbid you that tree and tell you: Verily, Satan is an open enemy unto you?" They said: "Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers." (Allâh) said: "Get down, one of you is an enemy to the other [i.e. Adam, Eve, and Satan]. On earth will be a dwelling-place for you and an enjoyment for a time." He said: "Therein you shall live, and therein you shall die, and from it you shall be brought out (i.e. resurrected)."

There are many other verses in other chapters in the Quran about the story of Adam & Eve.

Peace

Yasin

Popeyesays said:
Baha`i's believe that "Adam" ws the first Manifestation of God in the "Adamic Cycle of Revelation". Was Adam really His name? Who knows? But someone was first to bear the revelation that God is ONE, and creation is His. Later Prophets and Divine Manifestations are part of the cycle which includes Jesus Christ. The last of the Adamic Cycle was the Bab, and Baha`u'llah begins a new cycle of Revelation which will last a half million years - during that time all the Prophets and Manifestations will be in the shelter and line of Baha`u'llah.

Regards,
Scott
Hey Scott,

I know this is off the subject, but what proof can you give me that Baha`u'llah was a Prophet (or what proof did he give) and if he was, then how can you believe in the Quran which states that Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) is the last and final?
And again Divine Manifestations, how can this be reconciled with the Quran?

Respectively, Yasin:bounce

Popeyesays

Yasin said:
Hey Scott,

I know this is off the subject, but what proof can you give me that Baha`u'llah was a Prophet (or what proof did he give) and if he was, then how can you believe in the Quran which states that Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) is the last and final?
And again Divine Manifestations, how can this be reconciled with the Quran?

Respectively, Yasin:bounce
Friend Yasin,

I believe that the word in the Qur'an "Khaatam" means signet ring or seal of authenticity. Therefore it has naught to do with "last in a series". Muhammed "sealed" the prophets before Himself, guaranteeing them, warranting them, insuring their authenticity.

The best proof of Baha`u'llah's words are Baha`u'llah's words.

"XX. Know thou of a certainty that the Unseen can in no wise incarnate His Essence and reveal it unto men. He is, and hath ever been, immensely exalted beyond all that can either be recounted or perceived. From His retreat of glory His voice is ever proclaiming: "Verily, I am God; there is none other God besides Me, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise. I have manifested Myself unto men, and have sent down Him Who is the Day Spring of the signs of My Revelation. Through Him I have caused all creation to testify that there is none other God except Him, the Incomparable, the All-Informed, the All-Wise." He Who is everlastingly hidden from the eyes of men can never be known except through His Manifestation, and His Manifestation can adduce no greater proof of the truth of His Mission than the proof of His own Person."
(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 49)

Regards,
Scott

sandy whitelinger said:
I think it is well accepted that Adam was a type of Christ. That whole first Adam last Adam thing. My topic then is why Adam ate the fruit in the garden. Did Adam, being a type of Christ, feel it nescassary to take on Eve's sin (her's being the only sin available and thus being the "sin of the world") and suffer death in a similar episode as Christ taking on the sin of the world and dying for our redemption? Did Adam's action point towards Christ on the Cross in much the same way as the law served as a schoolmaster?

christ was the incarnated adam
mary was the incarnated eve
joseph was the incarnated serpent
(note:eek:nly until mary was pregnant)
this explains christ's life in the bowels of hell
as well as the forsaken thoughts of all your questions.

Bishka

Veteran Member
blood-lord14 said:
christ was the incarnated adam
mary was the incarnated eve
joseph was the incarnated serpent
(note:eek:nly until mary was pregnant)
this explains christ's life in the bowels of hell
as well as the forsaken thoughts of all your questions.

Where is this from may I ask? Any references or just your own personal beliefs?