• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

T-Dawg on the issues (Am I insane?)

Am I insane? / Would you vote for me?

• No you're not insane, I would vote for you :).

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Eh you aren't crazy (at least in the literal sense), but I wouldn't vote for you...

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • You're insane, I'm not voting for you.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I'd rather vote for Palin than you, crazy man! >:(

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Don't worry, the people in the white coats are just here to help you...

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
To be frank, Margaret Thatcher can take her neo-liberal economic policies and shove them up her ***.
Agreed.
Shockingly not all people with Asperger's, autism, whatever are suffering.
Just because my Asperger's doesn't cause me suffering doesn't mean that my children will enjoy having it. (To be honest, I mainly cite my Asperger's as an example because it would be hypocritical to allow myself to reproduce while trying to decide who can and cannot reproduce. Having been raised by, well, my dad, I hate hypocrisy, because I want to be the exact opposite of my dad, who was often hypocritical.)
PBS is government-owned? I never knew that... I've only heard of it's role as a lousy children's television broadcaster :D.
That guy sounds like the waste of space to me...
I think he was just trolling to get reactions, judging by his posts on the next page, or maybe it was the page after that XD.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
... I don't know what you're trying to say, but I sense you are mocking me. Ha... You are in no position to make fun of my thoughts.
I had no idea that my credibility deficit was a great as your own. One learns something new each day.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Having been raised by, well, my dad, I hate hypocrisy, because I want to be the exact opposite of my dad, who was often hypocritical.)

Aren't all parents hypocritical - till we become one? Ahh, the ferver of youthful judgmentalism!

Yes Man

Premium Member
Just because my Asperger's doesn't cause me suffering doesn't mean that my children will enjoy having it.
True, and when you make that decision for yourself that's okay. Pushing that idea on other people though....
PBS is government-owned? I never knew that... I've only heard of it's role as a lousy children's television broadcaster :D.
I always liked Bill Nye the Science Guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Pjro9_yss

Erebus

Honestly, I wouldn't vote for you (assuming I moved over to America of course) as we have more or less opposite views on most of those points, but I don't think you're crazy, just passionate. It's good to see somebody relatively young with such strong feelings for the political world rather than getting drunk and playing video games. It's also good that you aren't afraid to voice your real opinions.

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
I think some of your ideas give me visions of 1984. You do realize that you have to limit the power a government initially has so it doesn't reign in a dictatorship right? I can see many of your ideas being used to enslave the masses.

dust1n

Zindīq
Since it seems to be the cool thing to do for politicians to have an easy, quick list of their viewpoints, and I'm hopefully going to be a politician someday, I thought I'd take a crack at giving my opinions on some of the issues that plague us today:

After giving it a full review, I would fight your government's oppression until my death.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
What is this "oppression" people keep talking about? The only thing in my list of idea's that is even remotely tyranical is the State Media, and even there, I need the approval of 60% of the legislature plus 7/9 of the Supreme Court.

dust1n

Zindīq
What is this "oppression" people keep talking about? The only thing in my list of idea's that is even remotely tyranical is the State Media, and even there, I need the approval of 60% of the legislature plus 7/9 of the Supreme Court.

Um.. and child permit legislation?

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
...you said you wanted to limit people the ability to have kids. That is oppression.

How so? The world can't go on if we're all having 3 kids.

Besides, all you would have to do to get the liscence is have no serious genetic disorders and prove that you have a job and aren't a complete idiot... =P

dust1n

Zindīq
How so? The world can't go on if we're all having 3 kids.

Besides, all you would have to do to get the liscence is have no serious genetic disorders and prove that you have a job and aren't a complete idiot... =P

It's a limit on personal freedom, even though it's actually well intentioned, it's still oppression.