• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

syncretism and the comparative religions of the world

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I find Scripture teaches the Flood of Noah's day was Not a local Flood but a deluge over the Earth.
Those fossilized bones survived because they were already fossilized.

The problem with this is that there are many places on the earth where the sequence of sedimentary layers including volcanism that is continuous with a continuous sequence of fossils to the present. There are sediments from beaches, strata of sandstone shale and coal containing meandering river systems, coastal plain deposits, aluvial deposits, volcanic lava deposits, and more ancient metamorphosed rock deposits, but unfortunately for your claim absolutely no evidence for a world deluge and flood, nor a regional flood that would be equivalent to the Biblical flood.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Throughout earth's nations and islands there is a similar Flood account about a few people saved through a deluge.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I find Scripture teaches the Flood of Noah's day was Not a local Flood but a deluge over the Earth.
If there were a global flood, there would be a uniform layer of sediment everywhere on the earth and there isn't. There is also unsolvable problems with the Noah story as it is told, such as how you would handle all the species of insects on the ark, or the death of all the salt water and fresh water fish in brackish water, what you would do with all the waste products from all those animals from that long a period of time, how you can't possibly fit all the species of animals on the earth on an ark that size, and more. It is obvious that the story is a legend, based on something historical, but over time it grew into a tall tale.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Throughout earth's nations and islands there is a similar Flood account about a few people saved through a deluge.

Actually, this not true. First, not everyone had a flood story. Second the flood stories in China, Japan, and the Northeast US and Canada have been describe as local and regional events.

Chinese stories are specifically described as a major river flood event of Yangtze River, and dated in Chinese records.Geologic and topographic evidence has confirrned the date and extent of the event. Japan records of floods associated with major earthquakes are specific to tidal waves and datable by geologic evidence. It is similar among the Native Americans in their oral traditional stories.

This remains a problem you cannot get around , , ,

The problem with this is that there are many places on the earth where the sequence of sedimentary layers including volcanism that is continuous with a continuous sequence of fossils to the present. There are sediments from beaches, strata of sandstone shale and coal containing meandering river systems, coastal plain deposits, aluvial deposits, volcanic lava deposits, and more ancient metamorphosed rock deposits, but unfortunately for your claim absolutely no evidence for a world deluge and flood, nor a regional flood that would be equivalent to the Biblical flood.