• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Surahs in Quran

Union

So much hate in this thread. I love all Muslims and hope that they can stop hating each other whether they belong to the sects that are Sunni, Shia, or Non-Sunni-Shia.

"Love for All, Hatred for None"

Thanks for sharing this valuable opinion . Actually Nobody is hating one another here but just passing the message of truth .

ametist

Hi. :) thanks for the link and for your patience to me that doesnt know much. I will sure look at salah link to see better but as far as I understand your approach you are a Quranist? I understand it can be one of the safest ways to live according to islam but then isnt there that you are left alone in your own personal understanding of Quran?

Union

Hi. :) thanks for the link and for your patience to me that doesnt know much. I will sure look at salah link to see better but as far as I understand your approach you are a Quranist? I understand it can be one of the safest ways to live according to islam but then isnt there that you are left alone in your own personal understanding of Quran?

Its a pleasure my dear brother .One verse of the Qur'an explains the other . You are deducing your understanding of Qur'an by that method not from your personal understanding .

Yes , I am a Muslim and don't add any sect in front of this (e.g., Shia Muslim , Sunni Muslim , Ahmadi Muslim etc. ) and as the instruction of GOD to follow the Qur'an only , I do so .

ametist

A-ha. I see. Makes sense. Requires a lot of time and effort but sounds really like a safe method.

Union

A-ha. I see. Makes sense. Requires a lot of time and effort but sounds really like a safe method.

Thanks for your open-minded understanding . Remember what Almighty GOD says about HIS Qur'an :

[006:114] Say: "Shall I seek for judge other than God? - when He it is Who hath sent unto you the Book, explained in detail." They know full well, to whom We have given the Book, that it hath been sent down from thy Lord in truth. Never be then of those who doubt.

ametist

Being a Quranist is very difficult for someone who doesnt speak arabic though. For example does arabic have a 'he' for third singular person? So god ever called 'himself' 'he' in Quran? Got my point?You understand a sunni or hanifi or shia who cant speak arabic? They perhaps needed a Quranist to make things clear for them?

Union

Being a Quranist is very difficult for someone who doesnt speak arabic though. For example does arabic have a 'he' for third singular person? So god ever called 'himself' 'he' in Quran? Got my point?You understand a sunni or hanifi or shia who cant speak arabic? They perhaps needed a Quranist to make things clear for them?

If I understand you right , yes learning Arabic is a prerequisite to understand Qur'an . As the custodian of Qur'an is Almighty GOD HIMSELF and HE will never die , hence anybody who eager to learn Qur'an HE , the Exalted will open all the paths for him/her to learn HIS word for any time to come. In fact the teacher of Qur'an is GOD HIMSELF, what more assurance we need more to learn the Qur'an without imploring its Teacher :

[055:001] (God) Most Gracious!
[055:002] It is He Who has taught the Quran.

Its a pleasure . If I understood you right , Almighty ALLAH (swt) sent single/Multiple verse(s) and/or single/multiple chapter(s) to Prophet in stages . Here are some verses that proposes this fact :

[024:034] We have already sent down to you verses making things clear, an illustration from (the story of) people who passed away before you, and an admonition for those who fear (God).

[009:064] The Hypocrites are afraid lest a Sura should be sent down about them, showing them what is (really passing) in their hearts. Say: "Mock ye! But verily God will bring to light all that ye fear (should be revealed).

[009:086] When a Sura comes down, enjoining them to believe in God and to strive and fight along with His Apostle, those with wealth and influence among them ask thee for exemption, and say: "Leave us (behind): we would be with those who sit (at home)."

[009:124] Whenever there cometh down a sura, some of them say: "Which of you has had His faith increased by it?" Yea, those who believe,- their faith is increased and they do rejoice.

[009:127] Whenever there cometh down a Sura, they look at each other, (saying), "Doth anyone see you?" Then they turn aside: God hath turned their hearts (from the light); for they are a people that understand not.

I am interested to know more about the hypocrites here: [009:064] The Hypocrites ...

hyp·o·crite
noun\ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\
: a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs

Since Islam has many divisions like Christianity or Judaism, what divisions of Islam fall into the definition of hypocrite?

Only just one of the divisions could be the FAITHFUL one, meaning that they are truly faithful to the teachings in the Koran and at the same time following the teachings to the "letter and its spirit." the rest being labelled in the Koran as hypocrites.

So which one is the faithful one and which well-known ones are the hypocrites?

Last edited:

Sabour

I am interested to know more about the hypocrites here: [009:064] The Hypocrites ...

hyp·o·crite
noun\ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\
: a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs

Since Islam has many divisions like Christianity or Judaism, what divisions of Islam fall into the definition of hypocrite?

Only just one of the divisions could be the FAITHFUL one, meaning that they are truly faithful to the teachings in the Koran and at the same time following the teachings to the "letter and its spirit." the rest being labelled in the Koran as hypocrites.

So which one is the faithful one and which well-known ones are the hypocrites?

First let us define hypocrites from the Quraan.

2:8 And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah and the Last Day," but they are not believers.
2:9 They [think to] deceive Allah and those who believe, but they deceive not except themselves and perceive [it] not
2:10 In their hearts is disease, so Allah has increased their disease; and for them is a painful punishment because they [habitually] used to lie.
2:11 And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers."
2:12 Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not.
2:13 And when it is said to them, "Believe as the people have believed," they say, "Should we believe as the foolish have believed?" Unquestionably, it is they who are the foolish, but they know [it] not
2:14 And when they meet those who believe, they say, "We believe"; but when they are alone with their evil ones, they say, "Indeed, we are with you; we were only mockers."
2:15 [But] Allah mocks them and prolongs them in their transgression [while] they wander blindly.
2:16 Those are the ones who have purchased error [in exchange] for guidance, so their transaction has brought no profit, nor were they guided.
2:17 Their example is that of one who kindled a fire, but when it illuminated what was around him, Allah took away their light and left them in darkness [so] they could not see.
2:18 Deaf, dumb and blind - so they will not return [to the right path].
2:19 Or [it is] like a rainstorm from the sky within which is darkness, thunder and lightning. They put their fingers in their ears against the thunderclaps in dread of death. But Allah is encompassing of the disbelievers.
2:20 The lightning almost snatches away their sight. Every time it lights [the way] for them, they walk therein; but when darkness comes over them, they stand [still]. And if Allah had willed, He could have taken away their hearing and their sight. Indeed, Allah is over all things competent.

So simply a hypocrite is someone who claims to believe in something when he doesn't.

There is no certain division in Islam that we would say that these are hypocrites. That is not an Islamic thing to do.