• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppression of Free Speech on Covid

Ebionite

Biased in favor of expertise and the desire to save people's lives by minimizing the lies of ignorant charlatans that, if believed, can kill people?
The data doesn't lie, and lies don't kill, but injections with "safe and effective vaccines" do.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Biased in favor of expertise and the desire to save people's lives by minimizing the lies of ignorant charlatans that, if believed, can kill people?

You have a very strange concept of bias.
Based on all the expert medical people who were silenced for fear of reprisals. You called them ignorant charlatans while the other group calls your group - money hungry people

You have a very strange concept of bias

Ebionite

6177d50fe222e32d.png

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Based on all the expert medical people who were silenced for fear of reprisals. You called them ignorant charlatans while the other group calls your group - money hungry people

You have a very strange concept of bias
"All the expert medical people who were silenced" ... ?
How many and who are they? How were they silenced? Where is their data?

People have been making claims like this regarding vaccines for decades now. I don't find them to be any more accurate now than why they first started popping up like, thirty years ago.

Kenny

Premium Member
"All the expert medical people who were silenced" ... ?
How many and who are they? How were they silenced? Where is their data?

People have been making claims like this regarding vaccines for decades now. I don't find them to be any more accurate now than why they first started popping up like, thirty years ago.

Actually… if you search, you will find

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

The Washington Examiner is about as "reliable" as Fox: Washington Examiner - Wikipedia

Secondly, when a supposed news outlet puts forth "information" that can trick and kill innocent people, that's where I believe the government can and should reluctantly step in because of what's in the Preamble of the Constitution "...provide for the general welfare....".

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

This was in response to, "Based on all the expert medical people who were silenced for fear of reprisals. You called them ignorant charlatans while the other group calls your group - money hungry people."

1.Dr. Robert Malone

Malone is a vaccine scientist who, in the late 1980s, performed foundational research that helped establish mRNA vaccine technology used in the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines. He appeared on a New Year’s Eve episode of the Joe Rogan Experience podcast, which rocketed him to viral stardom. In the podcast, which has been scrubbed from YouTube and Twitter but uploaded to the Congressional Record by Texas Republican Rep. Troy Nehls, Malone characterized the all-hands-on-deck federal vaccination push as an example of “mass formation hypnosis,” a psychological phenomenon that gave rise to the Nazi Party in 1930s Germany.

So, by being "silenced" he means that his interview on Joe Rogan's podcast has been "scrubbed from YouTube and Twitter" ... ?
Okay, I just did a quick YouTube search and found a ton of results for Robert Malone on the Joe Rogan podcast. :shrug: So, it's not like this guy actually carried out studies and his data was censored or anything like that. He wasn't going on podcasts in some desperate attempt to share his data with the world or something. Nope, he was whining about group think and trying to (ridiculously) compare mass vaccination programs to Nazism.

2. Dr. Marty Makary

Makary is a professor at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a fixture for the last two years on Fox News Channel, where he often takes issue with Fauci and the broader U.S. government response to COVID-19. He has been especially critical of what he believes is the federal public health apparatus’ ignorance of the natural immunity acquired by those who survive COVID-19 infection. Fauci and other public health officials under the Trump and Biden administrations, Makary argues, have placed too strong an emphasis on getting vaccinated as being the only way to prevent severe infection and death due to the virus.

“You can spin science just like one can spin politics and the art of selective outrage or selective focus on part of the story,” Makary told the Washington Examiner.

So again, this guy doesn't have any data to share. Just his personal opinions. He doesn't like Fauci. Oh and he apparently was pushing for "natural immunity" which means having to first contract COVID. Not great medical advice, really.

He also apparently is unaware that the risk of myocarditis is much higher from actually having COVID than it is from contracting it from the vaccine:

"In addition to decrying the government's unwillingness to recognize natural immunity, Makary also opposes what he sees as an all-out government campaign to vaccinate young, healthy people without fully considering potential adverse effects, such as myocarditis, a type of heart inflammation that has occurred in some cases following mRNA vaccination, primarily in young men."

3. Dr. Peter McCullough

This dude was a pusher of hydroxychlorquine and invermetin for treatment of COVID, neither of which have been demonstrated to be effective treatments.

So this guy was pushing potentially dangerous and unevidenced medical advice. 'Nuff said.

I think that's enough.

Kenny

Premium Member
The Washington Examiner is about as "reliable" as Fox: Washington Examiner - Wikipedia

Secondly, when a supposed news outlet puts forth "information" that can trick and kill innocent people, that's where I believe the government can and should reluctantly step in because of what's in the Preamble of the Constitution "...provide for the general welfare....".
I’m not talking about “general welfare”, I am talking about “freedom of speech” and the lack thereof.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I’m not talking about “general welfare”, I am talking about “freedom of speech” and the lack thereof.
But I don't have the right of yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater unless there's a fire. IOW, freedom of speech has limitations. If I publicly called you "UGLY!" as you seem to be in your avatar, I still could be sued for "defamation of character". However, can you squeeze blood out of a turnip? o_O

Kenny

Premium Member
But I don't have the right of yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater unless there's a fire. IOW, freedom of speech has limitations. If I publicly called you "UGLY!" as you seem to be in your avatar, I still could be sued for "defamation of character". However, can you squeeze blood out of a turnip? o_O
But we aren’t talking about “yelling fire” but rather a portion of the medical profession not agreeing with another portion of the medical profession. Challenging of positions, medically speaking, should be encouraged and not discouraged.

exchemist

Veteran Member
But we aren’t talking about “yelling fire” but rather a portion of the medical profession not agreeing with another portion of the medical profession. Challenging of positions, medically speaking, should be encouraged and not discouraged.
Don't be disingenuous: "a portion" indeed! What we had was a handful of fringe and crank views vs. the vast majority of medical expertise worldwide, with the fringe/crank view being amplified massively out of proportion, by people with a stupid political (not medical) agenda. It is the same basic phenomenon that we see with creationism and climate change denial, but far more dangerous due to the potentially serious health consequence for those who fell for the misinformation.

And there was free speech: these crank views were widely available to anyone interested. But that does not mean that respectable media, or discussion forums or whatever, were duty bound to publicise it.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Don't be disingenuous: "a portion" indeed! What we had was a handful of fringe and crank views vs. the vast majority of medical expertise worldwide, with the fringe/crank view being amplified massively out of proportion, by people with a stupid political (not medical) agenda. It is the same basic phenomenon that we see with creationism and climate change denial, but far more dangerous due to the potentially serious health consequence for those who fell for the misinformation.

And there was free speech: these crank views were widely available to anyone interested. But that does not mean that respectable media, or discussion forums or whatever, were duty bound to publicise it.
I don’t think we can take what a few have done and then use a broad brush and say “anyone who disagrees is a crank and a fringe element”.