• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupid things you hear about atheism

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I think we've all heard some pretty stupid misconceptions about atheism like "atheists can't have morals". So what are some of the stupidest things you've heard said about atheism?

9Westy9

Premium Member
"You're not really an atheist"

"Why are you so mad at God if you don't believe in him"

"Don't you worship satan?"

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Or the rather eerie comments like "Well, without God, what's the point? Why don't you just kill yourself if you have nothing to live for?"

9Westy9

Premium Member
I might use some of these in a blog I have planned, if people don't mind me using them.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Ooh what about the rare and laughable "You can't not believe in God because to talk about God assumes he exists!"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As I pointed out in another thread, "there are no atheists in foxholes".
(So far, avoiding foxholes has served me well.)

9Westy9

Premium Member
It was said by two people on this forum though. Apparently we invite the worse of judgments.

I hope they were trolls

It's OK if you're the vulpine variety.

Does being a vulpix count?

24432_vulpix%20(1).jpg

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't hear anything about atheism. My husband is atheist. Atheism means ignoring spiritual matters.

I ignore politics. It is not that it does not matter. But people change their minds so who should I believe? No one. So in a way atheists are right. There, something good said about atheists.

mycorrhiza

"You just pretend God doesn't exist because you don't want to follow His laws!"
"You aren't an atheist, you believe in your religion science/evolution!"
"You are only an atheist because you ignore all the evidence for God!" (of course, this one is often followed by not providing any evidence whatsoever :D)