• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff To Put In The Yard

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sod is grown on sod farms.
I partook in a Family Values Tour riot that saw basically the whole lawn section (consisting of sod) up in the air. There was moshing, fighting, fires, all sorts of chaos and pandemonium in the lawmn, sod and cups and dirt and cans and grass and shoes and huge chunks of sod are flying in the air, it got so crazy event security evacuated the area and called in a riot squad to be on standby and charge in of we didn't settle down.

We Never Know

No Slack
I partook in a Family Values Tour riot that saw basically the whole lawn section (consisting of sod) up in the air. There was moshing, fighting, fires, all sorts of chaos and pandemonium in the lawmn, sod and cups and dirt and cans and grass and shoes and huge chunks of sod are flying in the air, it got so crazy event security evacuated the area and called in a riot squad to be on standby and charge in of we didn't settle down.

Sounds like good happy people lol

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sounds like good happy people lol
It's still one of the greatest memories I have all these years later, especially as my beat friend and her family (who's been more a family to me than my biological family) where there, and several years I was even in IOP with one of the stagehands for that show amd getting to thank her for helping to put that show on was really awesome.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I recommend wood chips. Buy'm by the truckload from a bulk supplier. Grass can grow up thru them if the family ever calms down.
Nice suggestion, but what happens to them when it rains. My choice will be river pebbles. Grass can grow through them too.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Turf on this side of the pond is usually used for fake grass, such as astroturf, and we'd often call what you're talking about sod.

Sod over this side of the pont is a cuss word, "oh sod it" when something goes wrong or "sod off" a polite(ish) way of saying "**** off"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nice suggestion, but what happens to them when it rains. My choice will be river pebbles. Grass can grow through them too.
I've used many yards of wood chips.
They always stay put unless in an area that floods.
I've graded to avoid flooding.
In areas of runoff, I have either grass or stones.
But my "pebbles" need to be 3" to 5" if they're
to stay put.