• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stephen Hawking dies

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
not at all.....as a believer......

I firmly believe.....he has been surprised
Just for you.....
30624_cartoon_main.jpg

Given that Stephen Honking (my 3 year old son's name for him) had a wicked
sense of humor & an interest in religion, your speculations are highly appropriate.

Axe Elf

Prophet
He's probably slapping his forehead at a realization somewhere--for the first time.

Seems like I started something with that statement, but I want to be clear that I meant no disrespect to his or anyone else's beliefs. But this IS a religious forum, so I would imagine that most people here have SOME concept of an afterlife, and my comment was meant more in the vein of an intellect like Hawking's finally being privy to some of the secrets he searched for in life, as well as his body finally cooperating for something as simple as a slap to the forehead when those truths are revealed.

If they were. If not, then never mind, but I made my comment with the best wishes in mind.

ronki23

What was his actual belief about God and the afterlife? Did he know that Hinduism predicted many scientific advancements like matter and antimatter or that planets circle stars like we circle the sun?

Also, will he get military honours at his funeral because like Baroness Thatcher he deserves it.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Or tried turning him off and back on? In all serious, though:
What was his actual belief about God and the afterlife?
I'm going to go with him still being an Atheist.
Did he know that Hinduism predicted many scientific advancements like matter and antimatter or that planets circle stars like we circle the sun?
With him being Stephen Hawking and all, he probably did know.
Also, will he get military honours at his funeral because like Baroness Thatcher he deserves it.
Most people don't actually know what he did, just that he was in a wheelchair, and a perpetual grin on his face. Also, memes. So probably not.