• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stephen Colbert is ruining my health

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
His show begins at 12.30 am. I can’t seem to get to bed before 3 am because my brain needs to slow down after I switch off the TV.

But I need my daily fix. I need some sign of intelligent life. I need to pretend Trump is funny, and not a harbinger of global nazisism...err, narcissism.

Meanwhile...

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
His show begins at 12.30 am. I can’t seem to get to bed before 3 am because my brain needs to slow down after I switch off the TV.
You can find Colbert's shows in full on YouTube after they air. Watch anytime you like.

But I need my daily fix. I need some sign of intelligent life
. I'd suggest Colbert isn't an example of that.
I need to pretend Trump is funny, and not a harbinger of global nazisism...err, narcissism.
Narcissism, yes. Everyone who wants to run a country has a degree of Narcissism. Just as anyone who wants to make laws that everyone in the country must follow do. And of course the Judicial branch are narcissists because they're the judges that decide on all laws of the land and are empowered to tell even the President what to do.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
You can find Colbert's shows in full on YouTube after they air. Watch anytime you like.
Used to could do so for Colbert Report, but the new show is I think CBS. (CBS?) One of those 3 letter networks, so you can catch a smig'n of truthiness on youtube but not who whole truth sandwich. -- That is unless you subscribe to get the full TV set, which is basically all channels on youtube for about 40US locally. You get some of the lesser sports, science fiction, hallmark stuff...still you don't get everything.

Nobody carries Ice Hockey except for specialized hockey channels. It is elusive and somewhat expensive about 30$ a month to watch hockey. You have to specifically desire to watch only hockey. I guess hockey bars might subscribe. Anyone ever heard of a hockey bar? @Hockeycowboy How about a hockeytonk? A hockey bistro?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Narcissism, yes. Everyone who wants to run a country has a degree of Narcissism. Just as anyone who wants to make laws that everyone in the country must follow do. And of course the Judicial branch are narcissists because they're the judges that decide on all laws of the land and are empowered to tell even the President what to do.
Even if you could argue that all presidents were narcissistic to some degree, what set them apart from Trump was that they possessed a sense of decorum and self awareness.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
Used to could do so for Colbert Report, but the new show is I think CBS. (CBS?) One of those 3 letter networks, so you can catch a smig'n of truthiness on youtube but not who whole truth sandwich. -- That is unless you subscribe to get the full TV set, which is basically all channels on youtube for about 40US locally. You get some of the lesser sports, science fiction, hallmark stuff...still you don't get everything.

Nobody carries Ice Hockey except for specialized hockey channels. It is elusive and somewhat expensive about 30$ a month to watch hockey. You have to specifically desire to watch only hockey. I guess hockey bars might subscribe. Anyone ever heard of a hockey bar? @Hockeycowboy How about a hockeytonk? A hockey bistro?

I have trouble remembering what show is on any one alphabet network too.
I knew YT was going subscription for many of their programs but I didn't think they'd chop Colbert or the other network shows like that.
Thanks for the info. :)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I have trouble remembering what show is on any one alphabet network too.
I knew YT was going subscription for many of their programs but I didn't think they'd chop Colbert or the other network shows like that.
Thanks for the info. :)
They didn't cut him. He ended his show to take over for David Letterman. He changed networks.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

There used to be a hockey team in my town...when my son was little, I’d take him to the games. I’d always be wearing my cowboy hat, boots and duster. Somebody started calling me the Hockeycowboy; the name stuck, I began to like it.

Never cared for Colbert, though.