• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

steam engine to gasoline instead of air presure

evane123

I think steam engines fuel source is pressure. I think air pressure can be used instead of steam pressure. I think windmills that pump air could fuel engines. I think the air would not be exploded the way gasoline engines combusted air. I think this is a example of keeping people working by taking away there ability to become self significant.

esmith

Veteran Member
First the fuel for a steam engine is not pressure it is a heat producing fuel source that converts water from a liquid to a gas (steam). Have you figured out the size of the containment vessel for the compressed air necessary to power a engine for any period of time? Also what work would you want the engine to perform?

A

angellous_evangellous

I think red balloons are nice. I think monkeys can swim. I think it will be nice to turn four.

A

angellous_evangellous

For the love of god I hope that English isn't his first language

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!

evane123

First the fuel for a steam engine is not pressure it is a heat producing fuel source that converts water from a liquid to a gas (steam). Have you figured out the size of the containment vessel for the compressed air necessary to power a engine for any period of time? Also what work would you want the engine to perform?
I think steam engines use heat to change water into the water vapor. I think presure is produced by the vapor. I think steam engines could blow up from over presure. I think there are valves, and other anti explosion devices that are used on todays presure tanks. I think air can be presurived to near 4000 psi. I think scuba tanks are near 3500 psi. I think there are variables that matter to the distance a vehicle can go. I think if light steam engine parts are used that are cheap and easy to repair and a light car then i think putting the distance of a steam engine at the same distance that a air pressure engine could go might be near correct.
I think i would want the engine to do all gasoline engine work.
I think air is free. I think people could build windmills around the area they live and exchange tanks on there trips to add fuel stations.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is technology which is over 100 years old. The fancier systems used a flame to heat the air as it entered
the air motor, extending its range. That was necessary because the energy density of compressed air is very low.
Someone is always re-inventing the wheel by re-discovering a discarded design.

evane123

I think i read the article. I think they stated that air presure has to come from electricity. I think windmills in holand have been pumping water hundreds of years. I think there are transmissions in gasoline cars that change the power of rotation. I think windmills can be fitted with the same devices to power pumps that would create maximum psi of air.
I think they state that the cars would not go far. I think they are fitting air presure on gasoline vechieles. I think cars weigh near 2,000 pounds. I think the engine parts weigh more than half the cars weight.
I think they did not state benefits of air pressure engines. I think they did not state that air pressure engines are extremely cheap to mass produce compared to a gasoline engine. I think they did not state that there are less parts on a air pressure engine. I think they did not state there is less maintenance on air pressure engines. I think they did not state that there are few enough parts that car mechanics are not necessary. I think air pressure engines are a example of cheaper stuff that is not used. I think car brakes could easily be made fixable. I think if people notice that they have been decieved from obvious better products so that others can continue to use them that lots of other obvious better solutions might begin to be used.
I think they are litery trying to reinvent a device that has existed obviously back to the begining of the steam engine. I think they are trying to state that creating a steam engine is not efficant because designing a device that has existed at least a hundred years is difficult. I think they could go to any train muesuem and look at devices older then them.
I think that article is one example of not doing the obvious. I think

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
So far, compressed air vehicles have been shown to be inefficient. The energy required to compress the air can be used more efficiently in electric and hybrid vehicles.

evane123

So far, compressed air vehicles have been shown to be inefficient. The energy required to compress the air can be used more efficiently in electric and hybrid vehicles.
I think electric cars cost is more to produce. I think compressed air can be made at home. I think people will not be able to charge 4 dollars each gallon to get air. I think compressed air engines allow people to be self seficant. I think the energy to compress the air is more efficient in compressed air because there is one process of energy transfer. I think electric and hybrid cars include metals to make the batteries that only last 10 years, the energy to keep the engine working(I think fixing a electric motor is more difficult than a compressed air engine, I think i have checked),moving electricity cost money because of the resistance in the wire, I think the same types of energy are not needed to run a compressed air car because i think windmills can compress air.
I think you are reading other peoples words and putting them in the debate without thinking. I think you do not have any evidence to back your statement.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The solution, obviously, is compressed air in balloons, which could be fitted over nipples between the front seats to feed compressed air to the engine. The driver and passengers could blow up the balloons as they drove, completely eliminating fuel stops.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think we should install giant hamster wheels in cars. They could be powered by prisoners.
There's no need to feed them because we have an inexhaustible supply. Gas stations would
become jails, supplying commuters with fresh felons as the old ones lose steam or die.

FlyingTeaPot

Irrational Rationalist. Educated Fool.
I think steam engines fuel source is pressure. I think air pressure can be used instead of steam pressure. I think windmills that pump air could fuel engines. I think the air would not be exploded the way gasoline engines combusted air. I think this is a example of keeping people working by taking away there ability to become self significant.
I think you need to learn thermodynamics.