• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starbucks, abortion benefits, and unions

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Thoughts?
There is this Law about "supply and demand", so I would be surprised if illegal practices don't start, maffia like practices.

Big Brother we have already, so maybe Big Sister...watching out for these women in need

I think it's a really stupid Law after 50 years allowing it, now such a drastical change. Any sane judge would know this is stupid, and will create lots of anger.

So, I think it' s not about "abort or not to abort", there is a much more sinister plan behind this.

But we all know (those who read and hear/listen) that their plan is to make all the people very angry...our Minister has said it himself, and Klaus Schwab has literally said it too. I am not an Ostrich, if the elite says this, I know it is about to happen. That's why they created this covid mass hysteria too.

Well, this is their next strike...and many more will follow, until the people become obedient and follow their Masters (not God of course, but more someone resembing the Devil...the Anti Christ)

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
But are they prepared to sell them to gay people?
Have you ever been to a Starbucks? I was in one just yesterday, as it happens. (I don’t often.) There was lots of “pride” paraphernalia on display. Starbucks is pretty “woke” culturally. And I am confident they have no qualms about hiring LGBQTUVWXYZ people. So I doubt they have any issues selling some cakes to people light in their loafers or friends of Judy Garland.

I just hope they keep making money. I own one share of stock in the company.

stvdv

I just might have to start reading the Bible
to see where constitutional law is heading.
I have been thinking "maybe some creepy elite tries to implement the Bible story and prophecies", because without some help and push, it will not happen

stvdv

Couldn’t resist lol
Oh my God

Little girls and boys singing about sacred sperms. Yesterday I made a joke "start sex education in kindergarten", I didn't know they did it already...

But if it's sacred, you can't waste it, hence no condom use nor anti conception pills, and anti abortion of course

But of course the governments knows what they are doing. They pushed this Law quickly after 2 years Corona.

One need not be a genius to figure out why now this "anti abortion Law" so suddenly

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Have you ever been to a Starbucks? I was in one just yesterday, as it happens. (I don’t often.) There was lots of “pride” paraphernalia on display. Starbucks is pretty “woke” culturally. And I am confident they have no qualms about hiring LGBQTUVWXYZ people. So I doubt they have any issues selling some cakes to people light in their loafers or friends of Judy Garland.

I just hope they keep making money. I own one share of stock in the company.

Yes I've been in a Starbucks. I just wanted to make sure gay people could buy cakes for special occasions from somewhere, just in case any other business refused to. You never know where you'll come across bigotry, quite often from MAGACHRISTIANFASCIST+ people.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh my God

Little girls and boys singing about sacred sperms. Yesterday I made a joke "start sex education in kindergarten", I didn't know they did it already...

But if it's sacred, you can't waste it, hence no condom use nor anti conception pills, and anti abortion of course

But of course the governments knows what they are doing. They pushed this Law quickly after 2 years Corona.

One need not be a genius to figure out why now this "anti abortion Law" so suddenly
It’s from Monty Python mate. I wouldn’t read too much into it. They lampooned everyone in the 70s

stvdv

It’s from Monty Python mate. I wouldn’t read too much into it. They lampooned everyone in the 70s
Yes, those good old times, people could just be with young kids. If you do it nowadays, you might be labeled paedophile before you know

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, those good old times, people could just be with young kids. If you do it nowadays, you might be labeled paedophile before you know
Depends on what you’re doing.
Also pretty sure they still needed parental/guardian consent before filming

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have been thinking "maybe some creepy elite tries to implement the Bible story and prophecies", because without some help and push, it will not happen
10 years from now, a video will fall thru a wormhole
in time, arriving here on RF. This is our future.....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It is a disgusting thing to brag about. Why can't companies stay out of controversial debates? Luckily I don't use Starbucks anyway, but them supporting abortions is another reason not to.
It was ruled corporations are people, so they are exercising their right to free speech.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Thoughts?
'What do you mean there are negative consequences to a thing I wanted!?'

Union stores collectively bargain for their benefits as part of a contract. Non-union benefits are the sole province of the company.

It makes sense that they don't arbitrarily add benefits to a formal agreement that's already been made.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
'What do you mean there are negative consequences to a thing I wanted!?'

Union stores collectively bargain for their benefits as part of a contract. Non-union benefits are the sole province of the company.

It makes sense that they don't arbitrarily add benefits to a formal agreement that's already been made.
Non-union employees have existing formal agreements, too.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Starbucks is getting some criticism - IMO well-deserved - for the fine print on its public pledge to reimburse employees for travel expenses related to having to go out-of-state to get an abortion:

'Some forced birth with your venti latte?': Starbucks boasts it will provide reimbursement for workers to get abortions—unless they are a union shop

Turns out that this may only apply to non-unionized stores:

Also, they're only extending the offer to workers on Starbucks' health benefits plan, which most of their part-time staff are not on.

I think this sort of behaviour just underscores how important it is not to tie health coverage - including access to abortion - to employment, since companies are tempted to dangle it like a carrot to achieve their own ends.

Thoughts?
The hate is unjustified. The pledge doesn’t include union employees because that employer-employee relationship is absolutely governed by the collective bargaining agreement. Starbucks cannot offer the abortion travel benefit as a matter of contract law. Next time the CBA is up for negotiating, the parties can choose to include that benefit.

As for the benefit being tied to healthcare plans, I’m unsure of the reasons or details, but suspect it’s for administrative ease. In other words, Starbucks is using a system already in place to administer the benefit rather than trying to reinvent something.

So, all those crying “discrimination” are off base, IMO.