• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starbucks, abortion benefits, and unions

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Your arbitrary decision to call a fetus a person has nothing to do with "scientific progress."
I said nothing about personhood, a quasi-mystical, non-empirical concept.

I did say a fetus is an instance of the homo sapiens species, which is irrefutable biological fact.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I said nothing about personhood, a quasi-mystical, non-empirical concept.

I did say a fetus is an instance of the homo sapiens species, which is irrefutable biological fact.
No, anyone without an anti-choice agenda would describe a fetus in the same terms as a sperm or egg: "from" a homo sapiens, not "an instance" of a homo sapiens.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
No, anyone without an anti-choice agenda would describe a fetus in the same terms as a sperm or egg: "from" a homo sapiens, not "an instance" of a homo sapiens.
I have my doubts. I have met people with an anti-life agenda who had the integrity to acknowledge that it was killing a human and they just didn't care because women had the choice of life or death for those not yet born.

But even if so, it's just further evidence that the anti-life position is on the same intellectual level as flat earthers, vaccine conspiracists, and YEC.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah man, those anti-choice agenda driven embryologists are at it again.

"A zygote is the beginning of a new human being" - The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology. 7th edition.