• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Staff Announcement: The Forum Lag

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi, all,

The RF staff has contacted the owners regarding the forum lag, and one of the owners has responded acknowledging the problem and letting us know that he is troubleshooting it. The problem seems to be related to RF's hosting service, so the owner in question is contacting the hosting providers to find out more about the cause of the lag and fix it.

We wanted to keep the membership updated on this, especially given the effect of the lag on the user experience and forum usability.

If you have any questions about the current situation, please feel free to let us know.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
In our attempt to discover the identity of the owners, the OP provided useful intelligence. No one on staff is an owner. And there are more the one owners. "The truth is out there" Whether the owners are human or have been replaced by AI Bots is TBD.

MikeF

Premium Member
Let's not rule out the Flux Capacitor.

No, of course not. But surely that was one of the first things they checked, don't you think? It's time for some out-of-the-box thinking here!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Pictures and files are not uploading, they both return server errors

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
No, of course not. But surely that was one of the first things they checked, don't you think? It's time for some out-of-the-box thinking here!
It seems pretty obvious to me that the cloud architecture needs re-scaffolding - to at least Level Tii.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
In our attempt to discover the identity of the owners, the OP provided useful intelligence. No one on staff is an owner. And there are more the one owners. "The truth is out there" Whether the owners are human or have been replaced by AI Bots is TBD.

Resistance is futile.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Email notification of posts is also broken. Register me as a *****y, whining, complaining, geezer curmudgeon.

I also want to complain against the sexist specist discrimination against female dogs. We need a Female Dog Liberation Front (to use a boomerism).

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I also want to complain against the sexist specist discrimination against female dogs. We need a Female Dog Liberation Front (to use a boomerism).
Female dogs that have had puppies. That is not only sexist and speciesist, it also is akin to Playboy at their most misogynistic. Yes, let's look at attractive females, but not any that have given birth.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I can no longer tell what kind of underwear the members are wearing from the admin CP.

This is getting serious.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Email notification of posts is also broken. Register me as a *****y, whining, complaining, geezer curmudgeon.
I must be old too, then. Laggy, broken, can't see our warning points, alerts often failing to alert, media galleries gone, as per the norm with updates we end up with less than we had before (and we used to have lots of stuff).