• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spotting Flaws...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
how could you possibly be bored?

With no challenges one would be bored extremely easily

in fact all the world’s “natural” disasters have nothing whatever to do with God

How convenient, god made the world and all it contains... except the bad stuff

This world has to go, to make way for a new start....did you not know that this is what the Bible teaches?

The bible also teaches genocide, theft, murder, rape, slavery. Did you not know that this is what the Bible teaches?

Not to me....flaws are distracting and annoying

I don't get the insolence

We get to choose, of ur own free will.....better hope we choose the right one since 3799 of the don’t even exist outside of human imagination.

Yeah that works all way
Or more likely
3800 don’t exist outside of human imagination

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
With no challenges one would be bored extremely easily
Challenges don’t have to be inspired by flaws. Abilities honed and perfected will reward participants with much satisfaction. Imagine having no limitations on any undertaking.....don't we all wish we had perfect abilities....in music...art...knowledge.....and ability to retain information? Isn't life filled with a long list of unachievable goals because of our present limitations? What if there were no limitations and we could pursue any activity in the knowledge that we could learn and master any undertaking?

How convenient, god made the world and all it contains... except the bad stuff
The bad stuff would never have eventuated if humans had just done as they were told.

Humans chose a life without God, so why complain about the things that occur due to his absence? Humans are just reaping what they have sown. The bad stuff is the natural consequence of uncontrolled elements that occur on this earth (and other planets apparently) and calling them "acts of God" is just a little silly when they are just the opposite.
But no one needs God...right? Humans can handle these things on their own....:rolleyes:

The bible also teaches genocide, theft, murder, rape, slavery. Did you not know that this is what the Bible teaches?
These are comments made out of ignorance....all those things are not “taught”.....they are reported in circumstances that warranted actions in those times for reasons that I can see that you have never considered. But there is no point offering explanations to those who don't want them. Its easier to judge someone you don't know...isn't it?

I don't get the insolence
Is it insolent to state an inconvenient truth? To most people flaws in others as well as themselves are distracting, and annoying and can even lead to self harm and a range of mental aberrations in a world where perfection is pushed but never really achievable. Plastic surgeons know this well...."you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear".....

Yeah that works all way
Or more likely
3800 don’t exist outside of human imagination
Like I said...we all have the choice to seek God or pretend he's not there.....whatever floats your boat....ignoring him doesn't make him go away. :p

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Challenges don’t have to be inspired by flaws.

Who said they did but never the less flaws exist and the cam be challenging to live with of face

The bad stuff would never have eventuated if humans had just done as they were told.

Right so the extinction of 99% of all species born on this planet what occurred before humanity evolved was caused by what?

Chicxulub crater

These are comments made out of ignorance....

You want the verse numbers, they are easy to find if yoy don't do selective bible learning

Is it insolent to state an inconvenient truth?

Inconvenient fact you mean

To most people flaws in others as well as themselves are distracting,

As you say, god made us. Maybe you should take off your rose tinted glasses and actually examine what you are saying

Like I said...we all have the choice to seek God or pretend he's not there.....

And as i said, which god?

ignoring him doesn't make him go away. :p

Works for me except when i want some RF fun

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
When observing things, what is the first thing that stands out to you? With me, I always spot flaws instantly.

It could be a missed note by a musician in a song. It could be the way someone took just a little too much frosting off on one small edge of a cake. It could be the way an artist juuuust missed the mark on a painting that was meant to be perfectly symmetrical.

I'm not sure why my brain does this. :confused:

It's not that it's a bad thing... I actually appreciate flaws as I think they add uniqueness and character. Does anyone else do this though, or is it just me?
Humans evolved to notice patterns--and breaks in patterns--in the sensory input from their environment. It's natural to notice disruptions to an obvious pattern because it might indicate the presence of a predator or prey. It's natural to catch patterns that are nonsense, such as seeing a face in the arrangement of marks on a flower or a piece of toast. But it's a good thing we see those, because under other circumstances, it might be the face of a predator...or prey...that's hiding in the bushes...

So, I think you do this because you're human, and your sensory systems are operating correctly...