• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spiritual enlightenment

King Phenomenon

Real enlightenment is the ending of the separative ego and experiencing true, original union with the Divine. The drop's separate existence is ended and union with the 'ocean' achieved. Very very few achieve this.
Perhaps only one achieves it, Who knows?

King Phenomenon

If you want an excellent article about enlightenment and what it may be like - try this site -

One of the problems in explaining enlightenment is that we have to use words. Words are only symbols and don’t give the real understanding. The letters of a word are merely a code that the mind translates into meaning. Words only have meaning if you already have an experiential knowledge of what the words mean. If you were blind could you understand color through just words? Can you describe music to someone using only words? Can you describe the emotion of love only using the symbols of words? Words are only effective at communicating experience if the experience is already known. You know color, music, and emotion because you have perceived them directly. Enlightenment is not an experience that one already has a reference for and so a word description is not likely to be meaningful enough to convey an understanding.

Enlightenment | What is enlightenment | How to become enlightened | Pathway to Happiness

All the best!
Yeah enlightenment for me is personal and something I don't wish to ever share with anyone.

King Phenomenon

No, not everybody's, but of a few like Power Stone. What proof has he for what he trumpets? It is trumpeting that gets me. :)
I do believe that there are other members of the forum who have attained enlightenment, not just myself. IMHO, you still have some way to go. :D
I asked Sun Rise a question, because as an atheist I do not believe in anything being 'divine'. He will reply if he so desires.
I violin

King Phenomenon

Well, I doubt it too. I mean e.g. for some aspects of meta-cognition and other related modes of cognition only around 30% of those who attend higher educations learn/achieve meta-cognition.
I think anybody can be enlightenment irregardless of how aware they are of their thoughts

King Phenomenon

What? I wish this were true. There would be no wars, no liars in office, no poverty, no racism, no inequalities, etc. Not sure where you imagine numbers like this. There's certainly nothing we can see that would support this.
Well I'm not so sure the world would be a whole lot better if they were more enlightened peeps.
Perhaps idk

King Phenomenon

"In Sufism, a Qutb is the perfect human being, al-Insān al-Kāmil (The Universal Man), who leads the saintly hierarchy. The Qutb is the Sufi spiritual leader that has a divine connection with God and passes knowledge on which makes him central to, or the axis of, Sufism, but he is unknown to the world. There are five Qutbs per era and they are infallible and trusted spiritual leaders. They are only revealed to a select group of mystics because there is a "human need for direct knowledge of God" - Wikipedia

Since I do not believe in 'divine' - 'wise men'.
A select group? Too bad.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
There are no deep mysteries in life. It is quite simple. People get confused because religions / parents white-wash their minds since their childhood.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are no deep mysteries in life. It is quite simple. People get confused because religions / parents white-wash their minds since their childhood.
So, you're saying Einstein's saying this below was due to his being brainwashed as a child? :)

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead —his eyes are closed. The insight into the mystery of life, coupled though it be with fear, has also given rise to religion. To know what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness.”

- Albert Einstein, Living Philosophies
[Emphasis Mine]

I cannot imagine anyone saying "There are no deep mysteries in life". That's beyond comprehension to me, and Einstein's too apparently.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead —his eyes are closed. The insight into the mystery of life, coupled though it be with fear, has also given rise to religion. To know what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness.”

- Albert Einstein, Living Philosophies [Emphasis Mine]​

I cannot imagine anyone saying "There are no deep mysteries in life". That's beyond comprehension to me, and Einstein's too apparently.
Now, since Einstein is not here, kindly oblige me by telling me one or two 'mysteries of life'. Unfortunately, he did not mentioned any.