• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spirit is wind... Im serious guys

Pudding

You have too many quotations. Two posters on RF that I know of refer to Wind as either Spirit IS the Wind and the other Spirit Wind.

In my faith, I say Wind, Sun, Moon, whatever. So, I was curious as to how 1. The Wind can literally be a Spirit and 2. Why call the Wind "Spirit Wind" rather than just Wind. Of course, for both, these are individual preferences according their particular religion; but, I was curious nonetheless.

I couldnt understand how Person 1 put it since it's in another thread, I'd have to dig it out. Person 2 said saying Spirit when is more honory and formal than just saying Wind. Both are not using it as metaphors, poetry, or anything like that. They are literally talking about the Wind.

What I found interesting was a person can say Wind IS a spirit rather than has or posses one. How I define Spirit as a soul of a deceased person and another definition in context the breathe of life is not A element the elements and people are moved by the spirit; the spirit is the engine everything living is the car.

:leafwind:
The example you give me:
John believes in a Wind's Soul; he believes that the Wind owns or has a soul.

Jane believes that the Wind has within a Spirit. She calls it The Spirit of the Wind.
I was response to the example you give me but not the context of "Spirit IS the Wind and the other Spirit Wind" which you've seen by other rf member's post.

How i will response about their post depends on their whole context if you can link their post, or by asking their reason.

Without the full statement, you are right, it could mean anything. If I'm understanding you right. If we just said Wind is Spirit are you saying that cannot stand alone.
My previous post:
John/Jane believes in the Wind.
They believe in the Wind for what?
They believe wind exists?
They believe wind is their friend?
They believe wind will never stop?
It's not sure what they believe in about wind.

John believes in a Wind's Soul or Jane believes that within the wind it has a spirit.
It can be understand as they believes wind's soul/spirit exists.

The words soul and spirit is there because it's the important context describe about their statements, without it, their statements can be interpret into anything.
There is no "Wind is Spirit" in that post of mine, and my response is about the example you give me which is also absent of the statement "Wind is Spirit".
And in your post:
John believes in a Wind's Soul; he believes that the Wind owns or has a soul.

Jane believes that the Wind has within a Spirit. She calls it The Spirit of the Wind.

These are very poetic. If John and Jane believes that Wind is Spirit/Wind is Soul why not just say wind rather than Wind's Soul or Spirit of the WInd. It sounds nice just like saying Sacred Wind (which I prefer now sence I read it) or Spirit Wind. I'm just curiou because everyone and thing has a Spirit but each person is unique. I am unique. You are. Wind is as well as Sun.

"soul can manifest in the Phenomena of the Wind" Literally? Metaphorically?
The example statement which said by John and Jane you give me doesn't say they believe Wind is Spirit/Wind is Soul, they said they believe wind has soul and within wind it has spirit.

Believe wind has soul doesn't necessarily mean wind is soul, just means wind itself has a soul.
Believe Wind is soul can be understand as whole part of wind is equal to soul.
Believe Wind has soul can be understand as part of wind make up of soul.
Does wind as a whole equal to its soul? The example you give me doesn't describe about this.

The first one is "John believes in the Wind. He believes the Wind has a soul."
The second is "Jane believes in the Wind. She believes the Wind possesses a soul"

Anyway, that's not really my point of the OP. I was wondering about the phrase "Wind is Spirit/Spirit is Wind". Unless there is another definition of Spirit I am not aware of, unless the Spirit is In the Wind (it's the Wind's breathe, I guess you can say), I dont see the correlation of how one can be the other.

I'm responding according to your example in post #76.
Maybe you can link the original post you see posted by other rf member, otherwise i have no idea what their (edit: full) actual context is about.

Last edited:

arthra

Baha'i
The words "wind"; "breath"; "spirit" are symbolic terms that describe spiritual realities...

"The light hath shone forth, and radiance floodeth Mount Sinai, and a gentle wind bloweth from over the gardens of the Ever-Forgiving Lord; the sweet breaths of the spirit are passing by, and those who lay buried in the grave are rising up -- and still do the heedless slumber on in their tombs."

"Every time I hold my peace, and cease to extol Thy wondrous virtues, Thy Spirit impelleth me to cry out before all who are in Thy heaven and on Thy earth; and every time I am still, the breaths wafted from the right hand of Thy will and purpose pass over me, and stir me up, and I find myself to be as a leaf which lieth at the mercy of the winds of Thy decree, and is carried away whithersoever Thou dost permit or command it."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Give me a sec.

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/re-spirits-of-the-wind.182787/#post-4557238
Post #2

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/spirit-is-wind-im-serious-guys.182791/page-2#post-4554308
Post 22 and 23 and the answer: http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/spirit-is-wind-im-serious-guys.182791/page-3

The question in the OP was answered. I still need to read the first one again by @beenherebeforeagain the second by @Quintessence I understood.

"Specifically: So, yes, what I mean by spirit is a person--human or otherwise--who deserves respect." ~ @beenherebeforeagain

It was a continuation from a conversation in another thread; since it was off topic, I made it a separate thread. Just a question between Been and I.

The example you give me:

I was response to the example you give me but not the context of "Spirit IS the Wind and the other Spirit Wind" which you've seen by other rf member's post.

How i will response about their post depends on their whole context if you can link their post, or by asking their reason.

My previous post:

There is no "Wind is Spirit" in that post of mine, and my response is about the example you give me which is also absent of the statement "Wind is Spirit".
And in your post:

The example statement which said by John and Jane you give me doesn't say they believe Wind is Spirit/Wind is Soul, they said they believe wind has soul and within wind it has spirit.

Believe wind has soul doesn't necessarily mean wind is soul, just means wind itself has a soul.
Believe Wind is soul can be understand as whole part of wind is equal to soul.
Believe Wind has soul can be understand as part of wind make up of soul.
Does wind as a whole equal to its soul? The example you give me doesn't describe about this.

I'm responding according to your example in post #76.
Maybe you can link the original post you see posted by other rf member, otherwise i have no idea what their (edit: full) actual context is about.

Um.

When John and Jane says "Wind IS Spirit" when they explain it, the former is saying "Wind has a Spirit" the Later is saying "Spirit of the Wind" It was a poor attempt to remember what the two posters said.

I have to repread what Been said when he/she said "Wind is Spirit" however since he/she isn't in the conversation, I'll just keep it to how I explained and understand it.

When I think of Spirit IS Wind, I am not thinking metaphor or anything like that. I believe Spirit is two things, it can be a soul of a deceased person it is alo the breathe of life (the engine of life itself). Spirit1 and Spirit2 to keep it simple.

Wind is not a Spirit, from how I understand it literally. It is air movement. However, without energy (from whatever source) to move that current (energy to some is the same as spirit of something) it can't move. So the Spirit is In not Is the air to make it move. It's a fancy word for saying energy from the Earth moving and Moon creates the air to move and the turbullence, we call it "Wind."

So, I asked in the OP, instead of calling the Wind a Spirit or using Spirit Wind, why not just call it Wind. The answers are in the two links I gave above.

As for what we are discussing, I have lossed track. I can't speak for Been and Quien, but I don't see Wind as Spirit I see Spirit In the Wind. I refer to the Wind as Wind...however, I like Sacred Wind (which I read in one of these posts). Regardless, the elements are sacred regardless of how we phrase the relationship between the sacred and the element and adjectives we use.

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Don't get caught up in the metaphor of the wind being the spirit, the spirit is not the wind, but likened to the wind, ts really that simple.

Pudding

Give me a sec.

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/re-spirits-of-the-wind.182787/#post-4557238
Post #2

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/spirit-is-wind-im-serious-guys.182791/page-2#post-4554308
Post 22 and 23 and the answer: http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/spirit-is-wind-im-serious-guys.182791/page-3

The question in the OP was answered. I still need to read the first one again by @beenherebeforeagain the second by @Quintessence I understood.

"Specifically: So, yes, what I mean by spirit is a person--human or otherwise--who deserves respect." ~ @beenherebeforeagain

It was a continuation from a conversation in another thread; since it was off topic, I made it a separate thread. Just a question between Been and I.
Thanks for the link.
Part of post #2 http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/re-spirits-of-the-wind.182787/#post-4557238
So, yes, what I mean by spirit is a person--human or otherwise--who deserves respect. But I don't just limit it to material "things" because spaces (such as the inside of a room, or the air outside the house, or the empty vacuum of space) are "things," too. So are ideas, mental concepts, dark matter, photons of electromagnetic radiation, gravity...
Below is my interpretation about what he said and my opinion about it, doesn't necessary means i've correctly interpret the statement.
He say spirit is a person--human or otherwise--who deserves respect.
He believes the air outside the house is also a spirit.
Air can be consider as wind.

He believes wind is a spirit, which makes him believes wind is a person--who deserves respect.

As the op:
Some of you believe wind is spirit/spirit is wind. If they are one, why say "spirit of the wind" rather than just saying "wind"?
It's clear that he believes wind is a spirit, but does he believes spirit is a wind?
I hadn't saw him say that, other than he say spirit is a person--human or otherwise--who deserves respect.

Probably need his clarify whether or not he believes spirit is a wind.

I also hadn't saw him saying "spirit of the wind" or "wind spirit" in your provided link.

Um.

When John and Jane says "Wind IS Spirit" when they explain it, the former is saying "Wind has a Spirit" the Later is saying "Spirit of the Wind" It was a poor attempt to remember what the two posters said.
John and Jane are real people?
I thought they're only fiction people which use in the example you give?
Where did they say "Wind IS Spirit" ? The example statement of their words you give me haven't mention about it.

I have to repread what Been said when he/she said "Wind is Spirit" however since he/she isn't in the conversation, I'll just keep it to how I explained and understand it.

When I think of Spirit IS Wind, I am not thinking metaphor or anything like that. I believe Spirit is two things, it can be a soul of a deceased person it is alo the breathe of life (the engine of life itself). Spirit1 and Spirit2 to keep it simple.

Wind is not a Spirit, from how I understand it literally. It is air movement. However, without energy (from whatever source) to move that current (energy to some is the same as spirit of something) it can't move. So the Spirit is In not Is the air to make it move. It's a fancy word for saying energy from the Earth moving and Moon creates the air to move and the turbullence, we call it "Wind."
So the Spirit is In not Is the air to make it move?
Do you mean to say the reason air(wind) can move is not because of air(wind) is a spirit?
He believes wind is a spirit, in other words wind is a person who deserves respect.
If wind is a spirit and is a person who deserves respect, it imply wind have some personality or trait of alive things like animal, it's not inanimate dead things, therefor it probably can move, but the possibilities it can't move is also possible.
(Edit: Although the beliefs that energy is a spirit, and wind is also a spirit, it doesn't necessarily means that energy's spirit can't help wind's spirit to move, that's why wind don't need to or don't move by itself, about the reason why wind don't want to or don't move by itself, is written below.)

Another interpretation is that although air need energy to move, it doesn't deny the beliefs that air is a spirit, being a spirit doesn't mean it must have the intent or power to move, another assumption is since energy(a spirit) can move air(a spirit), and air doesn't care to move by itself or lack the abilities, thats why air don't move by itself but is move by energy. Or wind's manifestation in our dimension doesn't have the ability to move by itself, but its manifestation in other dimension have the ability to move by itself. There can have many speculation for that. (Although i can make speculation for those situation, it doesn't mean i have those beliefs nor do i claim any certainty for them)

So, I asked in the OP, instead of calling the Wind a Spirit or using Spirit Wind, why not just call it Wind. The answers are in the two links I gave above.

As for what we are discussing, I have lossed track. I can't speak for Been and Quien, but I don't see Wind as Spirit I see Spirit In the Wind. I refer to the Wind as Wind...however, I like Sacred Wind (which I read in one of these posts). Regardless, the elements are sacred regardless of how we phrase the relationship between the sacred and the element and adjectives we use.
He believes wind is a spirit, why can't he calls wind the name spirit and say wind is a spirit?
Where did he using the words Spirit Wind together? I don't see that.

"Spirit Wind" and "Spirit of the Wind" maybe is not so proper for his belief's situation, but i can accept the name "wind spirit" as it can fit the situation, wind describe the spirit to means the spirit a person wish to imply to is the wind's one. Other examples are moon/grass/sky/animal/plant spirit. Just like there're many types of people by race, Arabs/English/French/Germans/Persians people.

That's my interpretation, it doesn't have to be exactly the same as his actual beliefs, my interpretation can be different from his actual beliefs. I only say my interpretation with speculation, i does not claim any certainty or beliefs about my interpretation.

Last edited:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Thanks for the link.
Part of post #2 http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/re-spirits-of-the-wind.182787/#post-4557238

Below is my interpretation about what he said and my opinion about it, doesn't necessary means i've correctly interpret the statement.
He say spirit is a person--human or otherwise--who deserves respect.
He believes the air outside the house is also a spirit.
Air can be consider as wind.

He believes wind is a spirit, which makes him believes wind is a person--who deserves respect.

As the op:

It's clear that he believes wind is a spirit, but does he believes spirit is a wind?
I hadn't saw him say that, other than he say spirit is a person--human or otherwise--who deserves respect.

Probably need his clarify whether or not he believes spirit is a wind.

I also hadn't saw him saying "spirit of the wind" or "wind spirit" in your provided link.

Where did they say "Wind IS Spirit" ? The example statement of their words you give me haven't mention about it.

So the Spirit is In not Is the air to make it move?
Do you mean to say the reason air(wind) can move is not because of air(wind) is a spirit?
He believes wind is a spirit, in other words wind is a person who deserves respect.
If wind is a spirit and is a person who deserves respect, it imply wind have some personality or trait of alive things like animal, it's not inanimate dead things, therefor it probably can move, but the possibilities it can't move is also possible.
(Edit: Although the beliefs that energy is a spirit, and wind is also a spirit, it doesn't necessarily means that energy's spirit can't help wind's spirit to move, that's why wind don't need to or don't move by itself, about the reason why wind don't want to or don't move by itself, is written below.)

Another interpretation is that although air need energy to move, it doesn't deny the beliefs that air is a spirit, being a spirit doesn't mean it must have the intent or power to move, another assumption is since energy(a spirit) can move air(a spirit), and air doesn't care to move by itself or lack the abilities, thats why air don't move by itself but is move by energy. Or wind's manifestation in our dimension doesn't have the ability to move by itself, but its manifestation in other dimension have the ability to move by itself. There can have many speculation for that. (Although i can make speculation for those situation, it doesn't mean i have those beliefs nor do i claim any certainty for them)

He believes wind is a spirit, why can't he calls wind the name spirit and say wind is a spirit?

"Spirit Wind" and "Spirit of the Wind" maybe is not so proper for his belief's situation, but i can accept the name "wind spirit" as it can fit the situation, wind describe the spirit to means the spirit a person wish to imply to is the wind's one. Other examples are moon/grass/sky/animal/plant spirit. Just like there're many types of people by race, Arabs/English/French/Germans/Persians people.

That's my interpretation, it doesn't have to be exactly the same as his actual beliefs, my interpretation can be different from his actual beliefs. I only say my interpretation with speculation, i does not claim any certainty or beliefs about my interpretation.
Hello, @Carlita and @Pudding . I appreciate your interest in my point of view. I will not however discuss it in a debate section (justified by the as-expected responses of some other posters, which are appropriate for a debate thread, but I am not interested in debating/arguing about my beliefs vs. others'). The other thread in the Paganism DIR is for me more appropriate. I'll be glad to respond to questions and further discussion there.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Thank you for the thourough interpretation. There are two separate people I replied to. One side Wind is Spirit (which is the same as Spirit is Wind) and the other said Spirit Wind.

Those two statements are the same. How are they different?

Where did they say "Wind IS Spirit" ? The example statement of their words you give me haven't mention about it

They are fictional. I just checked my OP. Chuck the "Spirit of the Wind". Niether mentioned it.

True. Saying Wind to me is the same just calling it by name. For example we all have spirit wind include. Saying spirit is wind is fine. I dont remember how he refers to Wind (if you can find it). The second poster says Spirit Wind giving Wind honornas the divine by saying Spirit. Just to say Wind is impersonal. I disagree but I understood.

Quien did. There are two posters.

I dont knkw if Been refers to Wind as Spirit if l @beenherebeforeagain did, maybe because he/she believes wind and spirit are the same so either word is good? I dont know. Id have to ask.

The second poster, I already understood his answrer.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hello, @Carlita and @Pudding . I appreciate your interest in my point of view. I will not however discuss it in a debate section (justified by the as-expected responses of some other posters, which are appropriate for a debate thread, but I am not interested in debating/arguing about my beliefs vs. others'). The other thread in the Paganism DIR is for me more appropriate. I'll be glad to respond to questions and further discussion there.

Thats okay. I didnt think we were debating. Just in a DIR its hard to share different views (not debate). I will keep it to my beliefs. I thought it nice how you express your beliefs and we share some of the same so those we shsre I willnsay this is my faith. I dont debate my faith either. I dont mi d if people question me about its truthfulness as long as they are not rude about it or trying to proove me wrong (thats debate) than talking about it civily (which me and pudding are doing)

Ill keep it on myself. DIR is limited to whst I can express in my faith in the limitational rules and lack of being able to question each other about beliefs without "percieving" we are being attacked.

Its sad.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Thats okay. I didnt think we were debating. Just in a DIR its hard to share different views (not debate). I will keep it to my beliefs. I thought it nice how you express your beliefs and we share some of the same so those we shsre I willnsay this is my faith. I dont debate my faith either. I dont mi d if people question me about its truthfulness as long as they are not rude about it or trying to proove me wrong (thats debate) than talking about it civily (which me and pudding are doing)

Ill keep it on myself. DIR is limited to whst I can express in my faith in the limitational rules and lack of being able to question each other about beliefs without "percieving" we are being attacked.

Its sad.
well, i don't think the questions and comments you and @Pudding are putting out there any problem for a DIR, especially the Neopagan one you put the other thread in. I just strongly suspect that if I start to try to explain more, there are people out there who might interrupt an honest exchange and discussion. And the last few posts have been getting a bit confusing for me with all the pronouns with fictional examples and then other posters being referenced.:confused::D

Comparative religions or theological concepts, as both are discussion with the point of investigating different ideas might also be a good location to start a new thread on this.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
well, i don't think the questions and comments you and @Pudding are putting out there any problem for a DIR, especially the Neopagan one you put the other thread in. I just strongly suspect that if I start to try to explain more, there are people out there who might interrupt an honest exchange and discussion. And the last few posts have been getting a bit confusing for me with all the pronouns with fictional examples and then other posters being referenced.:confused::D

Comparative religions or theological concepts, as both are discussion with the point of investigating different ideas might also be a good location to start a new thread on this.

I dont know pudding is pagan or not. I know he/ahe was asking about my perspectives he wasnt question yours just asking what I meant when I answeres your post.

If he is allowed in the DIR we cant go there. If not, we will stick to my beliefs and not refer to yours in the conversarion if @Pudding does have questions for me personally.

That is if he/she agrees?

Pudding

Thank you for the thourough interpretation. There are two separate people I replied to. One side Wind is Spirit (which is the same as Spirit is Wind) and the other said Spirit Wind.
The two poster's words are different, if you wants to argue one's words into another one, it could be a problem as they didn't actually said those words, interpretation may differ.

Those two statements are the same. How are they different?
Wind is a spirit is different with spirit is a wind or spirit is wind.
Wind is a spirit, means a spirit is wind.

John is a human is different with human is John.
John is a human, means a human is John.

They are fictional. I just checked my OP. Chuck the "Spirit of the Wind". Niether mentioned it.
Yes it is, that makes your example in #76 incompatible with op's situation.

True. Saying Wind to me is the same just calling it by name. For example we all have spirit wind include. Saying spirit is wind is fine. I dont remember how he refers to Wind (if you can find it). The second poster says Spirit Wind giving Wind honornas the divine by saying Spirit. Just to say Wind is impersonal. I disagree but I understood.
I'm not sure i have any spirit wind include.
If you don't remember his original words, then it's really hard to argue what he actually really say.

Quien did. There are two posters.

I dont knkw if Been refers to Wind as Spirit if l @beenherebeforeagain did, maybe because he/she believes wind and spirit are the same so either word is good? I dont know. Id have to ask.

The second poster, I already understood his answrer.
That's right, @beenherebeforeagain say he believes Wind is a Spirit, i hadn't saw him say Spirit of the Wind nor Spirit Wind nor Wind Spirit.

The second poster's post have mentioning Spirit of the Wind and Wind Spirit, but i hadn't saw him say he believes Wind is a Spirit. And the second poster's post #22 is posted in this thread, after your op's post #1.

Some of you believe wind is spirit/spirit is wind. If they are one, why say "spirit of the wind" rather than just saying "wind"?

Who's original post before you create this thread, actually claim wind is spirit and spirit is wind both together? Who say they're one? Who had said spirit of the wind?

Last edited:

Pudding

I dont know pudding is pagan or not. I know he/ahe was asking about my perspectives he wasnt question yours just asking what I meant when I answeres your post.

If he is allowed in the DIR we cant go there. If not, we will stick to my beliefs and not refer to yours in the conversarion if @Pudding does have questions for me personally.

That is if he/she agrees?
I'm not a pagan.
I think everyone is allowed in any DIR if they can follow the DIR's rule.
The op does relate to @beenherebeforeagain's beliefs, if we have to stick to your beliefs and not refer to his beliefs in this thread, then there is hardly anything we can converse about the op's topic.
I don't know what agreement you're asking for.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I gave you both (or three) links quoting what both Been and Quin said. I am not debating their interpretations and I am not comparing the two together. I asked both of them what they meant by their particular separate phrases. I understood Quin's answer and I had to get reconfirmation from Been.

As for how I personally view it (given Been doesn't want to debate his/her beliefs and Quin isn't here to discuss it), I agree with them both but express it differently. How I express it may or may not be the same according to the two posters, but in my point of view and how I interpreted what they said it seems the same to me. each individual phrase seems the same as I believe htem even though I express it different. It isn't important. It was just confusing over the meaning of both phrases, that's all.

The two poster's words are different, if you wants to argue one's words into another one, it could be a problem as they didn't actually said those words, interpretation may differ.

Yes, they are. I thought you were questioning how I define them both separately.

Interpretations do differ. I already asked for their interpretation. If may or may not be the same as my interpretation. However, if you'd like to ask about theirs, I'd ask directly. If you want to know my point of view of those two general and not copyright phrases, you can still ask me.

Wind is a spirit is different with spirit is a wind or spirit is wind.Wind is a spirit, means a spirit is wind.

I didn't put "A" I just said Wind is Spirit and Spirit is Wind.

John is human and human is John. (In this context of this thread, human is refering to John. In the second context, John is refering to human.) there is no "a". Not just any old human. We are talking about John.

The second poster's post have mentioning Spirit of the Wind and Wind Spirit, but i hadn't saw him say he believes Wind is a Spirit. And the second poster's post #22 is posted in this thread, after your op's post #1.

I mistaked.

Poster 1 said: Wind is Spirit (if it's the way around, it is the same thing as I described above in my view. If Been sees it differently, you'd have to ask him/her in a DIR.)

Poster 2 said: Spirit Wind

This I know Quin said. You'd have to ask Quin how she/he interprets it for herself. It is in the links I posted. She (I'm assuming she unless told otherwise) said saying just Wind is disrespectful (my word) but saying Spirit Wind is honoring the Wind. In my view, it's like puting Mr. on Jones. I usually call Wind WInd, but if I were to put a "Mr", I'd say Sacred. It doesn't matter, though. If you want to look it up, you can. She says it in many of her threads here on RF, I just wanted to know why and got the answer.

Who's original post before you create this thread, actually claim wind is spirit and spirit is wind both together? Who say they're one? Who had said spirit of the wind?

Technically and in general, Quins. She had more posts using her terms.

There are three threads I quoted from. The first was off-topic when I asked Been about her phrase. The second I erased but she answered it in that thread. This thread is the third. If you're talking about who said it first in this topic, it was Been.

No. These are two separate phrases with two separate meanings. I was confused about both of them so I placed both on the same thread.

Quin has number of threads include the this one that says Spirit Wind.

Been explained his/her point of view in another thread.

Going back to you and I, here.

I personally believe the phrases Spirit is Wind/Wind is Spirit are the same phrase. However, I personally believe the Wind has a Spirit rather than Wind and Spirit being the same thing. I don't see Wind as deceased relatives but that is beautiful. However, if we are talking about Spirit being energy, then yes, energy moves Wind but to say it is (In my opinion) Id have to look in the science books to see if that's true.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm not a pagan.
I think everyone is allowed in any DIR if they can follow the DIR's rule.
The op does relate to @beenherebeforeagain's beliefs, if we have to stick to your beliefs and not refer to his beliefs in this thread, then there is hardly anything we can converse about the op's topic.
I don't know what agreement you're asking for.

DIR you can ask respectful questions. How you are discussing the two phrases with me would (but ask staff) an infraction of those rules.

As for their beliefs, I'm just talking about the two phrases not their personal beliefs about them. To sum up the other thread I just replied to of yours:

I understand Wind is Spirit/Spirit is Wind. I dont express it that way. This is different and my belief, I just say Wind. I see Spirit as having two definitions, it is the souls of our deceased relatives the other is energy. If Wind is energy, then yes, that phrase is correct. If it is not, it is not correct.

However, energy does move Wind so to say it has it for it to move, that's how I see it. It's just wording. If you want to know about the context of my faith, we can go beyond what word goes where.

The other, Spirit Wind, makes sense as a collective noun (If I got my english right). I express this differently. I either say Wind or if I had a choice, I'd say Sacred.

Talking about how I see the phrases not Been and Quins view of them.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
@Pudding Unfortunately, I can't use the quote function on one thread for another. What you said:
Wind is Spirit/Spirit is Wind can be interpret as the whole composition of Wind is identical to Spirit, they're the same thing, just in different names.

Spirit is in the Wind can be interpret as Spirit is inside the Wind, that means within the Wind it has a Spirit(soul), it doesn't say whether or not Wind's composition is all make up by Spirit. Spirit can be just some part of the Wind.

The two statements are different.

I'll response to your other comments if it's in its according thread.

I try not to use soul and things like that. I try to keep it naturalistic. Like I saw deceased spirits before and so have my family; so, that's not fake or metaphical. Spirit means breathe or energy, so using energy in replace of spirit keeps the spiritual language out and looks at the composition instead. I mostly do this online when talking to people who dont believe in the supernatural and all that. For myself and those who understand me, I dont mind using the would spirit/soul as long as we know the context to which each other agrees or disgrees on.