• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Speaking of toilet paper ...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Before 1935, the mortality rate associated with using toilet paper was much, much higher than it has been since.

I can understand that, i recently got a splinter in my finger that became i infected, quite swollen and painful...

A sphincter infection does not bare thinking about

P.S. i was undecided between a (i) a win or a funny frube

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My brother just told me this little factoid: Northern Tissue began producing "splinter-free" toilet paper in 1935.

p://industrialscenery.blogspot.com/2017/07/splinter-free-toilet-paper-became.html
I wonder.....
It's possible the claim of being "splinter free" was a ruse.
(Contrary to rumor, I wasn't around in 1935.)
Consider how companies will advertise that water is
GMO free. It doesn't matter that everyone's water
is so, people will still feel positively disposed towards
water advertised as GMO free.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Speaking of toilet paper...

Forgive me if I am naïve, but I do not understand why people need MORE toilet paper than they usually use? Are they eating and drinking more because they are at home more because of the coronavirus restrictions? What are they DOING with all this toilet paper that they do not ordinarily do with it? Or are they stockpiling it “just in case?”

I heard some strange things on the radio the other morning. They said that restaurants that have been shut down have stockpiles of toilet paper so they are telling people they can drive by and they will throw a few rolls in their car. I also heard that when policemen are pulling people over and giving them warnings for a traffic violation, as they leave that are handing out toilet paper.

Last night I heard on the news that there is now a black market for toilet paper. :rolleyes:

This whole thing with toilet paper is completely out of control. :eek:

Finally, I heard the pastor on the radio say that if people were going after Jesus the way they are going after toilet paper, the world would be a better place. I had to agree with that! :)

Milton Platt

Splinter free??? What was used before 1935... logs?

Maybe it was just marketing, like everything is peri
one of the guys at work said he was down to his last roll and a half

we all laughed

what?....you waited until now?.....to worry about it

I read that companies said "don't worry, it's in the pipeline". Evidently, the pipeline does not run through my local supermarket.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
one of the guys at work said he was down to his last roll and a half

we all laughed

what?....you waited until now?.....to worry about it
He'd better run to the store in the morning after they have stocked the shelves at night. ;)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
where I am....the shelves have been empty of paper for more than a week
any paper
Oh goodness! :eek: I have not been checking the shelves here because I already had a stockpile of paper goods long before this crisis hit. I just assumed the stores would restock.

Maybe it is time for me to post a thread I wrote a couple of days ago entitled 'Hoarding and the Coronavirus.'

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Speaking of toilet paper...

Forgive me if I am naïve, but I do not understand why people need MORE toilet paper than they usually use? Are they eating and drinking more because they are at home more because of the coronavirus restrictions? What are they DOING with all this toilet paper that they do not ordinarily do with it? Or are they stockpiling it “just in case?”

I heard some strange things on the radio the other morning. They said that restaurants that have been shut down have stockpiles of toilet paper so they are telling people they can drive by and they will throw a few rolls in their car. I also heard that when policemen are pulling people over and giving them warnings for a traffic violation, as they leave that are handing out toilet paper.

Last night I heard on the news that there is now a black market for toilet paper. :rolleyes:

This whole thing with toilet paper is completely out of control. :eek:

Finally, I heard the pastor on the radio say that if people were going after Jesus the way they are going after toilet paper, the world would be a better place. I had to agree with that! :)
I find it perplexing, as well.
How much toilet paper do people usually use? How long does a roll last?
What would happen if you ran out -- would survival be possible?

You'd have to be pretty dim to be unable to figure out some way to keep your bum clean without TP. It seems to me there are a lot of more important things to concern oneself with.

Should I stock up on razors? Toothpaste? Sriracha?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I find it perplexing, as well.
How much toilet paper do people usually use? How long does a roll last?
What would happen if you ran out -- would survival be possible?

You'd have to be pretty dim to be unable to figure out some way to keep your bum clean without TP. It seems to me there are a lot of more important things to concern oneself with.

Should I stock up on razors? Toothpaste? Sriracha?
It just goes to show how many Americans cannot think rationally and how fear-based they are.
It also shows how selfish they are when the hoard paper goods that other people need.

Yes, there are certainly a lot more important things to be concerned about right now. :eek:

upload_2020-3-22_22-40-8.jpeg