• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorry I need to say a prayer

james blunt

I only tried taking those once and they made me feel so bad I never took them again. I do not like taking drugs unless absolutely necessary. The only medication I take is for my thyroid and I do not use xanax unless I am going through a really hard time.

I ride my bike 26 miles a day on my work days and I also walk about 90 minutes a day on those days, but on my three days off I feel like a lazy bum. I need to do some exercise on those days but I never seem to find the time. But at least I set up my laptop so I can stand while working instead of sitting all day and night.
I hate taking tablets, man made drugs. If I am being honest with you, I have smoked weed since the age of 16. 30 years nearly, I wish i could could quit and I have tried many times before. It is difficult not because it is addictive,because I like it and the affects are calming.
Now you may judge me and not wish to speak to me again, but I believe all the natural plants on Earth have a purpose.
Science will use this as an excuse, claim me crazy and chuck my ideas in the bin. They think I am a bit looney as it, but that is just all an act just on the off chance I need a defence.
I tell them I am a troll, I act like a troll at times, I tread weary always just in case.
I hope you do not think bad of me now, but I had to tell you because I am straight up with people I start to trust.
I never smoke by my kids and always tell them all the time never to smoke and give them the reasons why .
Nicotine is more harm than the weed to be honest, but I teach my kids to avoid smoking like the plague as with alcohol. I don't drink personally it is worse than weed., any pothead will tell you the same. I never do any other ''drugs'' because they are real drugs.

I understand if you do not want to speak anymore, thanks for the time you have took to talk to me though.

james blunt

I do hope you get there one day. Sometimes we need to look to the future when our present life is not what we want it to be.

I try to live in the present because that is all I can handle. I have no dreams, no reason to think anything will ever get better in the future, but I won’t complain if it does.

Environment can have a big effect on one’s mood. My interior home environment can make me depressed if I let it, so I try to think about the good things outside, trees and animals, although that is mighty frightening, since the trees and animals have taken over our property. So all I can really do is try to be detached and not worry too much about it.
I am a painter and decorator, one of the best there is to be honest,one of my trades. But my home is horrible, I could have a palace if i wanted too, but for some reason it seems different than doing somebody else's home. Just a tradesman thing I think. Also I think the location puts me off , horrible scenery to look at.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God did not transform nothing into something because the nothing was God. God is not in space, God is the space, all around us everywhere and ''immortal'.
God has always existed, cannot be created or destroyed and there is nothing beyond God or supersedes God.
That sounds a lot like what my religion teaches about God:

“As to thy question concerning the origin of creation. Know assuredly that God’s creation hath existed from eternity, and will continue to exist forever. Its beginning hath had no beginning, and its end knoweth no end. His name, the Creator, presupposeth a creation, even as His title, the Lord of Men, must involve the existence of a servant.

As to those sayings, attributed to the Prophets of old, such as, “In the beginning was God; there was no creature to know Him,” and “The Lord was alone; with no one to adore Him,” the meaning of these and similar sayings is clear and evident, and should at no time be misapprehended. To this same truth bear witness these words which He hath revealed: “God was alone; there was none else besides Him. He will always remain what He hath ever been.” Every discerning eye will readily perceive that the Lord is now manifest, yet there is none to recognize His glory. By this is meant that the habitation wherein the Divine Being dwelleth is far above the reach and ken of any one besides Him.”

Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 150-151
To put it simply, I have proved God exists but not how people or books define God. People just have to accept that God just is and needs no other description.
Science needs to accept that the beginning of time, was a random act and technically a miracle in the odds department.
1 in infinite chance of happening.
So, did you get some kind of revelation that imbued you with this information about God?
I agree with you, but I do not think you are going to get other people to accept that because most people need some kind of objective proof, or at the very least if they are religious they need scriptures. I have my scriptures so I need no other proof. :D

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I hate taking tablets, man made drugs. If I am being honest with you, I have smoked weed since the age of 16. 30 years nearly, I wish i could could quit and I have tried many times before. It is difficult not because it is addictive,because I like it and the affects are calming.
Now you may judge me and not wish to speak to me again, but I believe all the natural plants on Earth have a purpose.
Science will use this as an excuse, claim me crazy and chuck my ideas in the bin. They think I am a bit looney as it, but that is just all an act just on the off chance I need a defence.
I tell them I am a troll, I act like a troll at times, I tread weary always just in case.
I hope you do not think bad of me now, but I had to tell you because I am straight up with people I start to trust.
I never smoke by my kids and always tell them all the time never to smoke and give them the reasons why .
Nicotine is more harm than the weed to be honest, but I teach my kids to avoid smoking like the plague as with alcohol. I don't drink personally it is worse than weed., any pothead will tell you the same. I never do any other ''drugs'' because they are real drugs.

I understand if you do not want to speak anymore, thanks for the time you have took to talk to me though.
Thanks for being honest about that. I greatly respect honesty. I would never judge you for that. Judging and fault-finding is totally against the teachings of my religion. Besides that, I do not think that smoking marijuana is a bad thing. It has a lot of value for treating PTSD and anxiety and it is used for that, here in the United States they call it "medical marijuana" and in some states people can get a prescription from their doctor, although normally they would have to go to a naturopathic physician to get a prescription.

I do not know if marijuana is legal in your country. A couple of years ago, marijuana was legalized for recreational use as well as medical use in the state where I live, Washington State, and it is also legal in Colorado. Now there are marijuana stores just like liquor stores and it is regulated by the state. I think it should be legalized in every state. I think it is far preferable to drinking alcohol and far less damaging to one's health. From what I know it is not physically addicting like alcohol.

As a teen I took a lot of illegal drugs, that was back in the hippie days. I took LSD, mescaline, speed, marijuana and hashish but I never took heroin. I quit taking drugs when I graduated from high school and went to college because I became a serious student, and I was never addicted to any drugs, it was just a phase I was going through. The Baha'i Laws prohibit drinking alcohol or taking recreational drugs, but if I needed marijuana for medical purposes that would be acceptable. I have considered it, but my anxiety is not that bad. I only get anxious about certain things, like driving and being in traffic, and then not always.

I never drank alcohol except to see what it was like. Both my parents were alcoholics so that was enough for me to know I did not want to drink. Both my parents also smoked cigarettes but I never smoked at all. My husband smoked and he finally quit when he was 50, but he ruined his lungs and now he has very bad asthma and needs medicine constantly. Luckily he did not get emphysema or lung cancer but he struggles to breathe. It is a horrible thing. My mother quit smoking in her 70s but she had heart problems because of her smoking. She lived to be 93 but she could have lived longer because she had good living habits.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I am a painter and decorator, one of the best there is to be honest,one of my trades. But my home is horrible, I could have a palace if i wanted too, but for some reason it seems different than doing somebody else's home. Just a tradesman thing I think. Also I think the location puts me off , horrible scenery to look at.
That's interesting. When I was younger, I wanted to be an interior decorator. Then I spent may years in college and ended up being a cartographer, but after that I wanted to be a counselor and a homeopath. I remained a cartographer because it was the easiest thing to do and I could have a stable income with good health and vacation benefits, since I always worked for the government.

I like the location and scenery at my house, but the interior leaves a lot to be desired, and there is really nothing that can be done about it unless we got rid of a lot of the clutter... But with 11 Persian cats and all the outdoor animals and birds we feed, it is impossible to keep clean. We have a big garage but we cannot use it for storage of anything that we care about because of the rodents. We cannot get rid of the rodents as long as we feed the birds so one thing leads to another and I have had to try to accept my sorry plight. But when I am not sleeping I spend most of my time in the computer room, so it is not that bad.

Half our house we never use or even go into because we do not need that much space anymore. When we bought the house we had 19 cats so we needed the downstairs. I am frightened to go down there anymore because i have not been down there in over a year, except to the laundry room. I send my husband to do things I cannot do and he usually does them. However, I cannot get him to do anything in the yard or much house cleaning and I do not like arguing so I have to let it be. I worry constantly when I am home what will become of this place if we do not take care of it better, especially all the trees and bushes and grass that are taking over, but I just have to hope that God will help me eventually. Either that or I will die and it won't matter anymore... :oops::rolleyes:

james blunt

So, did you get some kind of revelation that imbued you with this information about God?

I asked God to show me Gods existence, to be honest I got more than I bargained for, I started to see ''signs'' everywhere that give me answers and wisdom. I agree it sounds nuts, I think it is insane but where else do my thoughts come from ?
I seem to know lots of invention such as flying saucers , perpetual energy and motion, super cell batteries, houses that warm up on their own when it freezes outside.
Madness I swear but I can only say in truth what seems to have happened to me. I can ''see'' where the Vril were going with long hair for connectivity. Yes I admit it could just be imagination and the weed, but when the physics works in theory , well what can I say .
I should not know what I know, I am not a scientist although I learned science. I see things I would not even like to explain to people, I hope it is all in my mind.
As for decorating and interior design, easy lol, I have lots of tricks .

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I asked God to show me Gods existence, to be honest I got more than I bargained for, I started to see ''signs'' everywhere that give me answers and wisdom. I agree it sounds nuts, I think it is insane but where else do my thoughts come from ?
It is difficult to know where they come from, and that is the problem. They could be from God or not. o_O
As an aside, I used to have wisdom-like experiences when I took LSD and mescaline, but I am not sure weed causes those. And I do not remember thinking any of that came from God because I do not even recall thinking about God until I became a Baha'i at age 17. I was not raised in a religious home.

I have so many atheist friends on other forums who would love to know God exists and they do not like the idea of Messengers of God as evidence, so I told them they need to reach out to God and ask Him to show them His existence. One of my friends said he did ask and got no answer, but I told him to keep trying. God does not always have His cell turned on. :oops::rolleyes:
As for decorating and interior design, easy lol, I have lots of tricks .
Thanks... Maybe someday... Right now I have my hands full working and taking care of all these cats, and answering posts on this forum and others. :eek:

james blunt

Are you saying it is not legal where you live? :confused:
There is a marijuana store right down on the corner here.
My state is very progressive. :D
I am in England, the government are a bit weird. They would rather us be drunks and fight a lot on nights out.
One doctor once told me to not quit because of how long I have smoked. It is not that easy when stoned is my natural world and functioning . It does not really affect me where I can't work etc. If anything I can concentrate much better on things.
There was some research into marijuana causing grey brain matter and grey brain matter having a better connectivity , so maybe my ideas are just an affect of this and it made me smart lol .

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I am in England, the government are a bit weird. They would rather us be drunks and fight a lot on nights out.
One doctor once told me to not quit because of how long I have smoked. It is not that easy when stoned is my natural world and functioning . It does not really affect me where I can't work etc. If anything I can concentrate much better on things.
There was some research into marijuana causing grey brain matter and grey brain matter having a better connectivity , so maybe my ideas are just an affect of this and it made me smart lol .
Well, I have to say that it has been too many years back for me to remember the way I felt when I smoked marijuana. And of course there are many different varieties and strengths. If you can still concentrate and work that seems odd, but maybe that is because your body is so accustomed to it that is your "new normal."

It is difficult to know what you would feel like if you went off of it and it could cause problems like your doctor said. I do not see it as that much different than legal drugs that alter brain chemistry, antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs. People do not realize how powerful those drugs are and how addicting. I was suicidal trying to withdraw from antidepressants I had been on for five years and had I not found homeopathy I do not know what I would have done. It completely changed the course of my life.

I consider antidepressant drugs extremely dangerous and only to be used for acute depression, not for long term chronic depression and anxiety. All they do is mask the symptoms, they do not cure anything, and by masking the symptoms they make it impossible to address the symptoms and cure the depression or anxiety. Of course, psychiatrists do not see it this way because their job is simply to manage the disease, not to cure it. Homeopathy cures it but it can take a lot longer and most people so not have that kind of patience. They want a quick fix.

james blunt

because your body is so accustomed to it that is your "new normal."

Exactly that, I think normal is a bit stereotyping, my ''new normal'' is just normal to me. I am not delusional or anything like that. I have no real anger problems apart from generally angry at the world for how it is. Every now and again I can feel a bit rough off it , but that is down to poor quality and not flushed properly. The best part of it, is thinking wise, it may sound mad but it sort of gives me thinking powers. I think the awareness of being a bit docile makes a person more considerate , well it does with me. I am extra careful when doing things most of the time.

It is difficult to know what you would feel like if you went off of it and it could cause problems like your doctor said. I do not see it as that much different than legal drugs that alter brain chemistry, antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs. People do not realize how powerful those drugs are and how addicting. I was suicidal trying to withdraw from antidepressants I had been on for five years and had I not found homeopathy I do not know what I would have done. It completely changed the course of my life.

I think I would be angry at the world all the time and crying without it, crying for people and the world. I wish I was God .
I would go around like Bruce Almighty doing good miracles, I could wave my hand and decorate for you lol.
Have we had this conversation before? I am experiencing a lot of da ja vu lately.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Exactly that, I think normal is a bit stereotyping, my ''new normal'' is just normal to me. I am not delusional or anything like that. I have no real anger problems apart from generally angry at the world for how it is. Every now and again I can feel a bit rough off it , but that is down to poor quality and not flushed properly. The best part of it, is thinking wise, it may sound mad but it sort of gives me thinking powers. I think the awareness of being a bit docile makes a person more considerate , well it does with me. I am extra careful when doing things most of the time.
I guess if I had something to calm me down I would be more docile. :oops: As it is, I can get riled up at times, but usually only with my husband when we disagree on God beliefs. :rolleyes:
I think I would be angry at the world all the time and crying without it, crying for people and the world. I wish I was God .
I would go around like Bruce Almighty doing good miracles, I could wave my hand and decorate for you lol.
Have we had this conversation before? I am experiencing a lot of da ja vu lately.
I see so much in the world that needs changing but I feel helpless to do anything about it. I have so many problems of my own the best I can do is talk to people on forums who might need my help.

I do not wish I was God, I just wish God would do something. I am tired of people telling me that God is doing things in their lives... I just see no evidence of that. :(

james blunt

I do not wish I was God, I just wish God would do something. I am tired of people telling me that God is doing things in their lives... I just see no evidence of that. :(

I keep getting this feeling that something is going to happen, I am not sure what that something is though.
Maybe God will help everyone in one go , I am not sure, God is overdue .

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I keep getting this feeling that something is going to happen, I am not sure what that something is though.
Maybe God will help everyone in one go , I am not sure, God is overdue .
There is an indication that God will do something or cause something to happen, but we cannot know what it will be or when it will happen:

“The world is in travail, and its agitation waxeth day by day. Its face is turned towards waywardness and unbelief. Such shall be its plight, that to disclose it now would not be meet and seemly. Its perversity will long continue. And when the appointed hour is come, there shall suddenly appear that which shall cause the limbs of mankind to quake.Then, and only then, will the Divine Standard be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its melody.”

Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 118-119

james blunt

There is an indication that God will do something or cause something to happen, but we cannot know what it will be or when it will happen:

“The world is in travail, and its agitation waxeth day by day. Its face is turned towards waywardness and unbelief. Such shall be its plight, that to disclose it now would not be meet and seemly. Its perversity will long continue. And when the appointed hour is come, there shall suddenly appear that which shall cause the limbs of mankind to quake.Then, and only then, will the Divine Standard be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its melody.”

Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 118-119
That is quite meaningful and elegant, a good verse.

What is this I see before my eyes,

that has fallen from the sky’s ,

tears of my pane,

insane insane

is there point or purpose

insane insane

it is just rain

the sky is not to blame

it is just rain

insane insane

tears of my pain

who is to blame

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That is quite meaningful and elegant, a good verse.

What is this I see before my eyes,

that has fallen from the sky’s ,

tears of my pane,

insane insane

is there point or purpose

insane insane

it is just rain

the sky is not to blame

it is just rain

insane insane

tears of my pain

who is to blame
Thanks, that is a beautiful poem. :D

james blunt

Too exist.
Nov 6, 2015
Too exist is to be remembered, to live without remembrance is to die without existence.

The legendary Mermaid, existing in our minds without a physical existence, a name that is well known. Existing more than myself, a timeless memory of history passed down the generations. The captivating beauty of a Mermaid , something to remember, a captivation of imagination that will never be lost.

I wanted to exist like the Mermaid, to be remembered in the future, I persevered with no avail, I tried and tried over and over again to no avail. The days past by, months and even years, as my words fell on deaf ear’s.

I tried with light and explained it as a clear mist, science just shook their fist….

I tried with time just to hear them whine….

I really think my existence has failed, most of my posts derailed….

I guess I must be just wrong……..