• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorry I need to say a prayer

james blunt

Dear God
Protect me from the evils that are after my soul
I feel their dark presence hiding in the light
They want to come get me
I am either losing the plot or this is for real
I cast in bait and caught the fish
Now I feel like the bait
Oh my wise and wonderful God be real
do not forsake me
I am not done yet
Amen

p.s apologies I needed to say it.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Lord God,
Please protect the person who wrote this OP, Sustainer. Cover sustainer with your precious blood, surround Sustainer with your Angels and Archangels, hold sustainer in your hand, enlighten sustainer, give sustainer wisdom, prudence, understanding, and knowledge of your will. Give Sustainer a heart and mind like yours. Fill sustainer with your holy spirit and protect sustainer from the attacks and deception of wicked spirits, bind them and cast them into hell, in Jesus name!

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Not sure why this is in debates, but I guess I'll help too:

Our pasta, who art in a colander, draining be your noodles. Thy noodle come, Thy sauce be yum, on top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day, our garlic bread, …and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trample on our lawns. And lead us not into vegetarianism, but deliver us some pizza, for thine is the meatball, the noodle, and the sauce, forever and ever. R’amen.

james blunt

Thank you all, I have seen the sun come up, the evil kept at bay .

I think I am letting the internet mess with my mind.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Thank you all, I have seen the sun come up, the evil kept at bay .

I think I am letting the internet mess with my mind.
Is it coming from this website?

Some people are very concerned about their reputation online.

These are human beings we are interacting with, not robots.

Feeling rejection, antagonism, and having people ganging up on you, has the potential to be almost just as serious online, as in real life.

People have committed suicide over cyber bullying...

I'm just curious to know, how is the Internet screwing with your mind?

james blunt

It will do that sometimes, believe me... Hang in there. ;)
Well, it is not good, I think I really need to quit the internet but I am finding it hard to break free. One half of me wants to run and one half wants to try and help the world.
I am unsure of reality now where before I was sure. Not only do I think the government and science is lying , I also now feel owned by species 125 . Yes I have lost the plot and even think ''aliens'' are out to get me who have cloaking devices.
Boy oh boy, I am quite a rational person and normally logically accurate, but to think ''aliens'' are out to get me is a bit beyond rational.
I put my trust in religion forums, I am sure nobody would lie to me in the eyes of God. I feel safe here although there is no here apart from cyberspace.
They have done such a mind job on me, they have confused me. Logically though , my thoughts are rational and I can only believe me .
I might turn ''invisible''', then nobody can see me or find me.

james blunt

Is it coming from this website?

Some people are very concerned about their reputation online.

These are human beings we are interacting with, not robots.

Feeling rejection, antagonism, and having people ganging up on you, has the potential to be almost just as serious online, as in real life.

People have committed suicide over cyber bullying...

I'm just curious to know, how is the Internet screwing with your mind?
I am not suicidal but the internet has got me thinking we are owned by aliens , slaves.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well, it is not good, I think I really need to quit the internet but I am finding it hard to break free. One half of me wants to run and one half wants to try and help the world.
I am unsure of reality now where before I was sure. Not only do I think the government and science is lying , I also now feel owned by species 125 . Yes I have lost the plot and even think ''aliens'' are out to get me who have cloaking devices.
Boy oh boy, I am quite a rational person and normally logically accurate, but to think ''aliens'' are out to get me is a bit beyond rational.
I put my trust in religion forums, I am sure nobody would lie to me in the eyes of God. I feel safe here although there is no here apart from cyberspace.
They have done such a mind job on me, they have confused me. Logically though , my thoughts are rational and I can only believe me .
No offense, but you sound slightly schizophrenic... you might respond well to a psychiatrist and antipsychotics... if you're not already going that route

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I am not suicidal but the internet has got me thinking we are owned by aliens , slaves.
that is a classic delusion seen in schizophrenic patients... I am schizoaffective, and I respond well to antipsychotics and other medications, meet with mental health professionals four times a week, go to mental health groups, and attend AA meetings...

You might consider doing something similar?

james blunt

No offense, but you sound slightly schizophrenic... you might respond well to a psychiatrist and antipsychotics... if you're not already going that route
I am well aware of the possible illness's I could have. What is scary is I know I am not crazy or delusional, my logic and senses has good as normal .
I suppose all crazy people might say that though.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I am well aware of the possible illness's I could have. What is scary is I know I am not crazy or delusional, my logic and senses has good as normal .
I suppose all crazy people might say that though.
the fear that aliens or the government is out to get you or that we are slaves, is a classic delusion seen in schizophrenic patients.

You are clearly delusional my friend, and I say that in the kindest possible way! It's okay! Get help. :)

james blunt

the fear that aliens or the government is out to get you or that we are slaves, is a classic delusion seen in schizophrenic patients.

You are clearly delusional my friend, and I say that in the kindest possible way! It's okay! Get help. :)
I appreciate your concerns, perhaps I do need help, but when you have been told things that are not out there on the net, it leaves a person wondering.
I am either been wound up big time or my fears are correct. I do not fancy being on the meal menu I have seen the Wicker man.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Ok, minor gripe. The proper plural form of "forum" is "fora".
Although since it's the name of the website, it's probably exempt.

JJ50

Dear God
Protect me from the evils that are after my soul
I feel their dark presence hiding in the light
They want to come get me
I am either losing the plot or this is for real
I cast in bait and caught the fish
Now I feel like the bait
Oh my wise and wonderful God be real
do not forsake me
I am not done yet
Amen

p.s apologies I needed to say it.

Why bother to do it on a forum?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I totally understand that. One half of me wants to quit altogether and the other half does not want to do anything else. I really do believe in my religion is the Truth from God for this age, and it is my responsibility to make that known to other people, but also I have found that forums are good for my own spiritual growth and I have many friends on forums.

But it has really gotten out of hand. I started on some other religious forums about five years ago and now I cannot get my old life back... I do not even remember what it was like anymore. It is not as if I have lost touch with reality; I still hold fast to my beliefs, it is that I have no life outside the internet, except at work and to and from work on my bike. It is so bad that I am of retirement age and I have a lot of money and assets, but I do not even want to retire, because the only place I see people anymore is at work!

My boss just looks at me askance because everyone who works for the state looks forward to retirement with excitement and glee! Moreover, I do not even have time to “plan” for retirement, since I am always on the computer! My husband has been retired for over two years and we have not even signed up for his state pension yet because we don’t have time to decide which options to take. I have tenants who have not paid rent and I have to go to court, no time...

Well, last week I made a decision to cut back on my forum posting and it is going a little better now; the problem is I have my own forum and if my friends who are mostly nonbelievers post to me there I have to answer them. I do care more about other people than I care about myself, and I consider that a good thing, but there are things I have to do that have not been getting done, and I do not mean recreational activities because I am willing to sacrifice those because I consider God more important than anything else!
I do not know what forums you have been on but this forum is a really good place to be because there is a lot of awareness here. Moreover, the people are very respectful and tolerant of other people and their beliefs. It was not that way on a forum I just left. The owner and moderator ruled with an iron hand and they were not just. They were nonbelievers and very intolerant of believers even though they called it a religious forum. I am glad to be out of there but since I left they dropped from first to third place because I was a primary poster and people liked to talk to me in spite of the fact that they attacked my beliefs. Most were atheists there but they were not as tolerant as the atheists here, nor were they as aware and level-headed.

If I were you, I would stay away from forums that are doing a mind job on you. This forum is enough to post on. I still post on a couple of other forums but that is because one is my forum and I have friends there and on one other forum. But I am trying to lay low. I will invariably get accosted by some atheists or Christians if I open my mouth, not that I care what they think of my beliefs or of me, but I am tired of arguing. I am not trying to “win” any debates. I am just trying to have civil conversations.
Hang in there. If you need somebody to talk to who is rational and down to earth I am here. I do believe in God and an afterlife but that is about it for beliefs. Otherwise I am very practical, as my religion is a practical religion, down to earth. I am off to work now. See you later.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
*** Staff Post ***

Thread moved to 'Prayers and Meditations'

james blunt

Why bother to do it on a forum?

I just felt compelled too, I do not normally share my prayers, I normally pray in my head in needy times etc.
It may sound silly , but when I look up and ask God for a bit of luck in life , I seem to get it, sometimes in mysterious ways. How can I explain it, I feel like the hero of my story and I am willing myself to be the hero and for some terrible feeling, I feel I need to try and save the world. I feel I was meant for a higher purpose in life.

james blunt

I totally understand that. One half of me wants to quit altogether and the other half does not want to do anything else. I really do believe in my religion is the Truth from God for this age, and it is my responsibility to make that known to other people, but also I have found that forums are good for my own spiritual growth and I have many friends on forums.

But it has really gotten out of hand. I started on some other religious forums about five years ago and now I cannot get my old life back... I do not even remember what it was like anymore. It is not as if I have lost touch with reality; I still hold fast to my beliefs, it is that I have no life outside the internet, except at work and to and from work on my bike. It is so bad that I am of retirement age and I have a lot of money and assets, but I do not even want to retire, because the only place I see people anymore is at work!

My boss just looks at me askance because everyone who works for the state looks forward to retirement with excitement and glee! Moreover, I do not even have time to “plan” for retirement, since I am always on the computer! My husband has been retired for over two years and we have not even signed up for his state pension yet because we don’t have time to decide which options to take. I have tenants who have not paid rent and I have to go to court, no time...

Well, last week I made a decision to cut back on my forum posting and it is going a little better now; the problem is I have my own forum and if my friends who are mostly nonbelievers post to me there I have to answer them. I do care more about other people than I care about myself, and I consider that a good thing, but there are things I have to do that have not been getting done, and I do not mean recreational activities because I am willing to sacrifice those because I consider God more important than anything else!

I do not know what forums you have been on but this forum is a really good place to be because there is a lot of awareness here. Moreover, the people are very respectful and tolerant of other people and their beliefs. It was not that way on a forum I just left. The owner and moderator ruled with an iron hand and they were not just. They were nonbelievers and very intolerant of believers even though they called it a religious forum. I am glad to be out of there but since I left they dropped from first to third place because I was a primary poster and people liked to talk to me in spite of the fact that they attacked my beliefs. Most were atheists there but they were not as tolerant as the atheists here, nor were they as aware and level-headed.

If I were you, I would stay away from forums that are doing a mind job on you. This forum is enough to post on. I still post on a couple of other forums but that is because one is my forum and I have friends there and on one other forum. But I am trying to lay low. I will invariably get accosted by some atheists or Christians if I open my mouth, not that I care what they think of my beliefs or of me, but I am tired of arguing. I am not trying to “win” any debates. I am just trying to have civil conversations.

Hang in there. If you need somebody to talk to who is rational and down to earth I am here. I do believe in God and an afterlife but that is about it for beliefs. Otherwise I am very practical, as my religion is a practical religion, down to earth. I am off to work now. See you later.
Thank you for your kind sincere words. Unfortunately I am not working at the moment , I am a carer for somebody so all I have to occupy my mind is the internet as television is useless and I don't get out much.
I will try to lay low as you say , but its what to occupy my mind with. My favourite pastime is fishing, but at the moment I can't even do that , even fishing costs lots of money these days.